FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 16:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 06.04.2014, 23:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 118173
Donate
min.gif
No, not talking about an opportunist. Talent.

I'm looking to the 2015 draft for this person. I have one maybe two in mind. Just testing the waters here....

What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 02:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15511
Donate
birddog wrote:
No, not talking about an opportunist. Talent.

I'm looking to the 2015 draft for this person. I have one maybe two in mind. Just testing the waters here....

What do you think?

This a really circumspect way of pimping a certain Wisconsin back? :-k :)

For me (and only me), its any perm from: Gurley, Duke, Davis, Gordon & Yeldon as it stands as the top 5.

Much will depend on what sort of runner you prefer.

I doubt Yeldon goes ahead of any of 3 guys on that list (Gurley, Gordon & Johnson) & is probably the cut off point between tiers for me as well as the back most likely to cause most disagreement between those ranking the class.

Have only seen bits and pieces (2-3 games a piece) of Langford, Abdullah, Telvin & Allen but one or two of them could push for the top 2-4 rnds on the back of another good year or slide all the way back to the later rnds. Karlos Williams likely the biggest dark horse for a surge up boards. Like Yeldon he's going to be the guy that will split opinion as to where to slot him in the second tier. We'll know more from the ex-safety-turned-RB in a year after his first and only year as the full time starter. Green & Cook are going to be snapping at his heels if he doesnt continue his ascent. Health & productivity going to be far, far more important for this group.

Be interesting to see who exactly will go when given recent draft results, but 2015 is as good a crop of draft eligible Backs as we'll have seen in a while. Id be shocked if at least one RB doesnt go in the 1st, if health and production remain as high for the top 5 as they have thus far.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 05:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6056
Donate
sea.gif
Does Lamichael James have any more eligibility? :twisted:

Had to at least say something asinine in order to check back in on this in a bit. Deep class or top heavy in 2015 would be a good question(as well) as far as planning for this years dynasty draft.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 07:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6723
Donate
pit.gif
There are probably 15 or more RB's right now that are really interesting, a large chunk of which are draft eligible in 2015. The analogies are already being used that next years RB class will rival this years WR class in terms of a deep talented pool of players.

Todd Gurley - RB Georgia is the "safe" and probably best bet pick to be the next elite talent RB IMO. The only caveat is that he does not possess elite RB speed which I think you need to be in the 4.4 range to be in that class but he does so many other things extremely well.

Gurley has the size and the temperment (6'1 - 225'ish) to run over you and sufficient speed (4.5 or so) when he gets open to go the distance. Very skilled at pass receiving as well so he's a fit in just about any offensive scheme.

I thought he looked solid in the Gator Bowl this past January when GA bumped up against a very stingy Nebraska run defense. Gurley pounded out nearly 90 rushing yards and added nearly a 100 more on 7 receptions.

In the right offense, Alabama RB TJ Yeldon could be. Reminds me of Shady McCoy but he'd need the right scheme and I don't view him as a power runner who will bowl you over which a guy like Adrian Peterson (aka elite) will do. Alabama has so many talented RB's right now that Yeldon may not put up sporty numbers this year and it's possible the next elite RB is the 3rd string RB at 'Bama Derrick Henry...they have that much talent there. Not a surprise when you think at one time, 'Bama had Mark Ingram at 1'st team, Trent Richardson, 2'nd team and Eddie Lacy was 3rd team.

On-paper measurables impress and the unknown always fascinates us so LSU freshman Leonard Fournette 6'1, 225 and a 4.4 guy is the one to watch.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 07:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26576
Donate
sf.gif
i'd say the LSU Freshman Leonard Fournette will be elite. He is the next Adrian Peterson imo. For next year i like Gurley the most at the moment but i haven't brushed up on my college yet.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 08:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36778
Donate
car.gif
Gurley over Gordon to me from what I've seen. Gurley's going to have a really good 3 or 4 year career though as I don't think his style is built to last at the next level.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 08:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Using the prevailing vernacular, Melvin Gordon is way more than JAG but doesn't seem to have the elusiveness or speed to be an elite RB talent. Real good vision though and seems to be able to make very good decisions quickly behind the line of scrimmage when picking his hole.

Thought the same thing about Gourley's long term durability and potential for production and then thought of Marshawn Lynch so ya never know.

In dynos's nowadays, my window of playing time/production for rookie RB's is 3-4 years max so that won't scare me away but it might some. Using Adrian Peterson or the elite RB he sort of took over for - Ladanian Tomlinson as the measuring stick for RB's and careers isn't realistic.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
jesteva wrote:
Using the prevailing vernacular, Melvin Gordon is way more than JAG but doesn't seem to have the elusiveness or speed to be an elite RB talent. Real good vision though and seems to be able to make very good decisions quickly behind the line of scrimmage when picking his hole.

Thought the same thing about Gourley's long term durability and potential for production and then thought of Marshawn Lynch so ya never know.

In dynos's nowadays, my window of playing time/production for rookie RB's is 3-4 years max so that won't scare me away but it might some. Using Adrian Peterson or the elite RB he sort of took over for - Ladanian Tomlinson as the measuring stick for RB's and careers isn't realistic.

Marshawn can't be brought down by the police or injuries.

Easiest comparison to me for Gurley is Marion Barber.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:06 

Sand$: 99540
Donate
Gurley is the best bet.

Duke has health problems, but the talent is there.

Agree with Steve, I don't think Gordon has the elusiveness to ever be elite.

Davis is better than Gordon.

I'd argue Yeldon may be the 3rd best back on his own team.

Derrick Henry, Derrick Green, Javorious Allen, Karlos Williams, Alex Collins, Leonard Fournette, Sony Michel, Jalen Hurd, Nick Chubb, Ezekiel Elliott, Greg Bryant, and probably a few others I'm forgetting all have the physical attributes to be elite but have not translated it to the field (consistently) yet.

There are others, some already mentioned, that could be starters in the NFL, but I don't think they will ever be elite. Picking from my own team in premier - Jay Ajayi, Kenyan Drake, and Tevin Coleman all fit that mold.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23372
Donate
det.gif
i want nick chubb on name alone.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:12 
Chum

Sand$: 32
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Marshawn can't be brought down by the police or injuries.

Easiest comparison to me for Gurley is Marion Barber.

It's going to be a toss up between Gurley and Gordon. Gordon would have easily been the top back this year but he can elevate his stock if he shows to be an effective pass blocker and receiver now that James White is gone.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15511
Donate
Just to reiterate

birddog wrote:
I'm looking to the 2015 draft for this person.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Quote:

...and he has exactly 3 more career pass receptions than I had in college....and I played basketball in college.

Not knocking his pass catching ability but rather given the sample size, its sort of an unknown at this point.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Gurley is the best bet.

Duke has health problems, but the talent is there.

Davis is better than Gordon.

I'd argue Yeldon may be the 3rd best back on his own team.

Derrick Henry, Derrick Green, Javorious Allen, Karlos Williams, Alex Collins, Leonard Fournette, Sony Michel, Jalen Hurd, Nick Chubb, Ezekiel Elliott, Greg Bryant, and probably a few others I'm forgetting all have the physical attributes to be elite but have not translated it to the field (consistently) yet.

There are others, some already mentioned, that could be starters in the NFL, but I don't think they will ever be elite. Picking from my own team in premier - Jay Ajayi, Kenyan Drake, and Tevin Coleman all fit that mold.

And no mention of Mike Davis when you've rattled off more than a dozen college RBs? #-o

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:51 
Chum

Sand$: 32
Donate
jesteva wrote:
Quote:

...and he has exactly 3 more career pass receptions than I had in college....and I played basketball in college.

Not knocking his pass catching ability but rather given the sample size, its sort of an unknown at this point.

Again we will get a chance to see his blocking and catching ability this season with White gone to New England. White was a punishing pass blocker.