FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 07.25.2014, 10:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 00:11 

Sand$: 46761
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell told reporters Wednesday that his offense will use a "running back by committee" approach in 2014.
The idea may seem crazy based on Marshawn Lynch's league-high 1,002 carries over the past three seasons, but Bevell wants to get someone special more involved. "We are going to be running back by committee," Bevell promised. "We really like what Christine Michael is doing right now." Earlier in the offseason, coach Pete Carroll referred to 2013 second-round pick Michael as Seattle's "biggest breakout candidate" for the 2014 season. GM John Schneider called C-Mike one of the Seahawks' "most explosive offensive players."

Can Lynch fight off Michael long enough to maintain his fantasy value this season or is Seattle running out of their love for Skittles?

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 00:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21156
Donate
dal.gif
I'm one of the people who used a 1st on him last year, :Drink) I hope he shows enough this year to be the 2015 starter. I think Seattle is going to run Lynch into the ground this year and release him next year. C-Mike is going to get enough carries to see what he's got and probably featured in a couple of games to see if he can handle a game's worth of hits and play the next week. C-Mike is going to have to exceed everybody's already high expectations to unseat Lynch this year.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 07:44 

Sand$: 95027
Donate
625james wrote:
I think Seattle is going to run Lynch into the ground this year and release him next year. C-Mike is going to get enough carries to see what he's got and probably featured in a couple of games to see if he can handle a game's worth of hits and play the next week. C-Mike is going to have to exceed everybody's already high expectations to unseat Lynch this year.

^^^This.

The buying window on Michael is now closed, but you may be able to get him if his owner gets impatient come October after a couple of 4 or 6 carry games..

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 07:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10021
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
I think Seattle is going to run Lynch into the ground this year and release him next year. C-Mike is going to get enough carries to see what he's got and probably featured in a couple of games to see if he can handle a game's worth of hits and play the next week.

This makes so much sense and is so logical that it will be a major surprise to me if it does not play out exactly like that, especially with the RB's expected to come out next year. I'd expect SEA to draft a RB next year with the only question being how high a pick they spend.

Translating that to 2014 fantasy production and specifically redrafts, C-Mike is a handcuff and not much more.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 08:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 288
Donate
stl.gif
Quote:
The idea may seem crazy based on Marshawn Lynch's league-high 1,002 carries over the past three seasons

:F

Sometimes I wonder if these people even think

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:14 
Chum

Sand$: 32
Donate
bjoemama2 wrote:
Quote:
The idea may seem crazy based on Marshawn Lynch's league-high 1,002 carries over the past three seasons

They'll owe Lynch a $15 million dollar bonus next spring...Hell yeah they are excited about Christine Michael.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
mimartin23 wrote:
bjoemama2 wrote:
Quote:

They'll owe Lynch a $15 million dollar bonus next spring...Hell yeah they are excited about Christine Michael.

all the more reason to run Lynch till the wheels fall off.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:22 

Donate
nyj.gif
BUT the Seahawks probably want to see what they really have in Michael before completely turning the page on Lynch. Who knows if a full fledged RBBC truly happens. Lynch returning next year seems like a long shot so this is something to monitor/worry about at a minimum

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32846
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
BUT the Seahawks probably want to see what they really have in Michael before completely turning the page on Lynch. Who knows if a full fledged RBBC truly happens. Lynch returning next year seems like a long shot so this is something to monitor/worry about at a minimum

Coachspeak is somewhere on the reliability scale between Person commenting on status of payment rendered and man during sexual encounter swearing on final location of delivery.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21110
Donate
ne.gif
They probably would classify last year an RBBC year then too with Turbin instead of Michael. I would bet on Michael replacing Turbin's touches for the most part this season so they can ease him in and still run Lynch until his balls fall off. They're not going to pay his huge salary next year with Wilson going to need huge $, so why wouldn't they run him as much as possible? Just doesn't make sense to do it any other way, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 09:42 
Chum

Sand$: 32
Donate
badgasman9 wrote:
mimartin23 wrote:
bjoemama2 wrote:
Quote:

all the more reason to run Lynch till the wheels fall off.

I mean you wouldn't expect more than a 70-30 split at least at the beginning, however you have to get Michael his reps if he is taking over next year.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 13:04 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
— Bevell had high praise for the play so far of Christine Michael saying “we are really excited right now, what he’s done” and noted that Michael has improved particularly at “the details” of the position.

— Bevell also said that Michael could have a greater role this season and that could lead to having more of a “running back by committee” approach in 2014.

— Of Marshawn Lynch not being at OTAs, Bevell said they “fully expect him to be ready to go” for the season.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... town-hall/

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 13:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
— Bevell had high praise for the play so far of Christine Michael saying “we are really excited right now, what he’s done” and noted that Michael has improved particularly at “the details” of the position.

— Bevell also said that Michael could have a greater role this season and that could lead to having more of a “running back by committee” approach in 2014.

— Of Marshawn Lynch not being at OTAs, Bevell said they “fully expect him to be ready to go” for the season.

Toby Gerhart. I sometimes wonder if the Vikings players knew he was a member of the Vikings team.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 14:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12290
Donate
jax.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

Toby Gerhart. I sometimes wonder if the Vikings players knew he was a member of the Vikings team.

Toby is looking pretty good in practice I've heard.

PostPosted: Thu 06.05.2014, 16:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39002
Donate
pit.gif
mimartin23 wrote:
bjoemama2 wrote:
Quote:

Huh, Im pretty sure that incorrect. I think your confusing what they mean by 2 million in in-game day roster bonuses. He is due to earn 7.5 million in 2015, 2 million of that is roster bonuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next