1) Stefon Diggs, WR, Minnesota – The main receiving threat in Minnesota is back and in full swing. The last two weeks he has hauled in 21 receptions for 156 yards and a touchdown. A new offensive coordinator has come about in Minnesota who will look to become more explosive and be able to put up more points. Look for Diggs to be a key component in trying to create an offense that can score more points in the second half of the season.
2) Cameron Brate, TE, Tampa Bay – I am looking at the overall tight end situation in the league right now, and I imagine that some of you are concerned about your tight end production. I give you Cameron Brate, who is becoming Jameis Winston’s second-favorite/trusted target in the offense, especially in the red zone. As we look towards the stretch run, Brate will face a few teams against which he can find some space and the end zone.
3) Mike Wallace, WR, Baltimore – A proven deep threat who Joe Flacco really trusts and looks for throughout the game, Wallace has either racked up plenty of yards or a touchdown. If in need of a wide receiver who you can count on to be a consistent fantasy producer, Wallace may be your best option on the waiver wire.
4) Michael Thomas, WR, New Orleans – If you are not on his train yet, get on now, as it may be your last chance. He is the perfect complement in this offense for Brandin Cooks and is the possession receiver that Drew Brees needs. He is finding plenty of targets and is a main threat in the red zone. (If you think you have read this before, I mentioned him last week).
5) Jared Goff, QB, Los Angeles – The time is coming. Case Keenum put up another below-average performance and Los Angeles sits at 3-5. The team needs a rejuvenation to have a shot at the playoffs this season. That sparkplug is Jared Goff, the No. 1 overall selection in the draft. The next three opponents are the New York Jets, Miami and New Orleans. All three of those teams have weaker secondaries and can be thrown against pretty successfully. This is the stretch for Goff to come in and gain some confidence. Pick him up before he is named the starter this week or next.