Last week’s “5 Up” gave you a heads up on Hunter Henry’s big game (16 points in points per reception leagues), and two more will play tonight in Monday Night’s game. “5 Down” warned you about Matt Ryan (1 TD), Julio Jones (4 points), Isaiah Crowell (4 points per reception points), Tyrod Taylor (124 passing yards). DeAndre Hopkins scored a garbage-time touchdown with 3:46 left to almost have an excellent day for the “5 Down” portion. Who should you keep your eye on for Week 6? Let’s dive in!
1) Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee – We have been waiting all season for him to finally have a breakout game. Even though it came against 1-4 Miami, we finally saw what Mariota could do if given a solid matchup. He gets another one next week against Cleveland, who was just torched by the wrath of Tom Brady. Expect another solid game for Mariota with his legs and arm in the red zone, racking up a few touchdowns.
2) Brian Hoyer, QB, Chicago – Three straight games of more than 300 yards and two touchdowns. He has looked very crisp and composed in the pocket and delivered great balls to the receivers. He gets another great matchup this week facing a Jacksonville team that has given up plenty of yards and passing touchdowns to its opponents this season. If you are in need of a bye week starter for Jameis Winston this week, he could be your guy.
3) Terrance West, RB, Baltimore – This run may not last too much longer so grab him before he starts splitting carries with Kenneth Dixon on a permanent basis. He’s racked up 208 rushing yards in the past two weeks and faces a New York Giants run defense that allows plenty of big plays.
4) Sammie Coates, WR, Pittsburgh – Patient fantasy owners finally received dividends of the supposed Martavis Bryant replacement. Six receptions, 139 yards and two touchdowns are astounding numbers. He is a deep threat and won’t put up monster numbers like this every week, but he does play a poor secondary next week in Miami. He should put up some solid numbers again next week.
5) Zach Miller, TE, Chicago – If you need a tight end because yours is slacking (Jason Witten, Zach Ertz), you probably should have already picked up Zach Miller. Since Brian Hoyer has taken over the reins, he has been a must-start tight end. He is a safety blanket for Hoyer and this passing offense. Get him before somebody else does. He has a juicy matchup next week against Jacksonville.