1) Rishard Matthews (WR) Tennessee Titans – I think I’ve made this a tradition of bringing back one player from the previous week’s 5 Up into this week. Or maybe it’s just because I was right the previous week and it still applies this week. Who knows? He racked up 9 catches for 122 yards against the Colts secondary. He could do similar numbers against the Bears’ secondary this week. He is a great flex option for Week 12.
2) DeVante Parker (WR) Miami Dolphins – I wanted to make sure his Week 10 performance was not just a fluke before I put him in the 5 Up section. The past two weeks have seen Parker snag 13 balls for 182 yards and a touchdown. He seems to have built a rapport with Tannehill and should be taken advantage of as Miami is in the playoff hunt.
3) Tim Hightower (RB) New Orleans Saints – Desperate for a running back as we enter the last couple weeks of the season? Tim Hightower might be your guy. He has found a niche in the Saints offense as Ingram has struggled to stay healthy and productive. Hightower is a bruiser that Brees and the offense needs in order to have a balanced offense.
4) Tyler Boyd (WR) Cincinnati Bengals – A.J. Green may be out for the rest of the season (initial reports Sunday evening). Tyler Boyd may have to step into some pretty big shoes and should see plenty of targets. After Green’s exit early in the game, Boyd caught 6 balls for 54 yards and a touchdown. He is worthy of at least a flex start next week against Baltimore.
5) Eric Ebron (TE) Detroit Lions – The last 3 contests for the Lions have seen Ebron make some big plays in this Lions offense. He is becoming a very lethal threat and a big target for Matthew Stafford. In need of a tight end and he is available, consider picking him up.
6) Wendell Smallwood (RB) Philadelphia Eagles – Injuries to Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles open the door for the rookie Smallwood to make a case to be the back of the immediate future in Philadelphia. He is a decent back and could seize the opportunity and be the man in the Eagles’ backfield down the stretch of the season.