Last Week’s 5 Up saw some great production: Rishard Matthews (15 PPR pts), DeVante Parker (PPR 9 pts) left game with injury, Tim Hightower (18 PPR pts), Tyler Boyd (11 PPR pts), and Wendell Smallwood will get plenty of touches tonight against a weaker Green Bay defense. Let’s Dive into this week’s edition!
1) Marquess Wilson (WR) Chicago Bears – First of all, Matt Barkley played a great game for the Bears this past weekend. He found Wilson for 8 catches, 125 yards, and a touchdown. Wilson could duplicate that performance against a woeful 49ers defense at home.
2) Malcolm Mitchell (WR) New England Patriots – Tom Brady may have found an outside target for himself to stretch the defense. He may need him more than ever as Gronk could be out for awhile with another injury. Brady will have to use Mitchell to stretch the field to keep the passing game more unpredictable.
3) Anquan Boldin (WR) Detroit Lions – This savvy veteran has found a niche in being a go-to receiver in the clutch for Matthew Stafford. He is dependable and seems to find the end zone consistently. I think this continues against a weaker New Orleans secondary. Boldin is a nice flex play next Sunday if you need one.
4) Colin Kaepernick (QB) San Fransisco 49ers – Need a spot start this week? For instance, Matt Ryan and Cam Newton have tough matchups this week and you are trying to get into your playoffs. You NEED solid production from your quarterback every week. Kaepernick has been playing pretty well lately and the 49ers play the Bears next weekend in what should be a shootout among two bad teams.
5) Wendell Smallwood (RB) Philadelphia Eagles – I have a good feeling that he will play pretty well tonight for Monday Night Football and establish himself as a lead back in Philadelphia. This means he will get plenty of opportunities towards the end of the season. If you are looking for a running back, Smallwood is a great pickup and should see plenty of touches.