I love the start of football season. It’s the best time of year!
However, I am bombarded with e-mails from friends across the country who didn’t get instant gratification from their draft picks.
My advice to all is let the dust settle. Hold your present course. After all, one week doesn’t determine your season.
Let’s look at seven underperformers that caused us these headaches:
2. Chris Johnson – 15 carries, 57 yards; 1 catch, 11 yards vs.
3. Michael Turner – 22 carries, 65 yards. Nothing to worry about as he will ignite offense Week 2 against
4. Greg Olsen – 1 catch, 8 yards. (chemistry takes time)
5. Terrell Owens – 2 catches, 46 yards. (on the decline?)
6. Anquan Boldin – 2 catches, 19 yards. Injury status cost a start for most as he was supposed to be a scratch.
7. Matt Schaub – 18-of-33 for 166 yards, INT. It will get worse before it gets better vs.
Worst performance of the week goes to:
Jake Delhomme – he is single-handedly ruining Steve Smith’s fantasy value. 7-of-17 for 73 yards and 4 INT.
Don’t panic if you didn’t get what you expected. Fantasy football isn’t about last week’s statistics.
Do cut Delhomme though and grab someone with some upside. He’s awful!
Questions, comments and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org