With all the changes today, we wanted to publish this for everyone. Traditionally, this is an email that we send out at Noon ET every Sunday to all subscribers but this has been a very strange year indeed and we could all use a little more help.
Not a lot to discuss this week from the weather department:
L.A. Chargers at Buffalo Bills – It could be gusty in the first half with gusts up to 30 MPH but it isn’t expected to be sustained or continue throughout the game. One team however, will be throwing into the wind in the first-half while the other won’t have to worry as much in the second and that will be an advantage.
In Case You Missed It
What a Covid week this turned into..
- Denver had to promote Kendall Hinton (a wide receiver) from their practice squad to start at quarterback today. Running back Royce Freeman is expected to back him up. We have downgraded all Denver wide receivers and Noah Fant in our rankings as a result. Note that we’re not expecting much from Hinton as either a fantasy QB or fantasy WR.
- With Santa Clara county shutting down for 14 days, San Francisco now doesn’t have a practice facility or a location to play their games against Buffalo and Washington. They may end up playing them in Arizona.
- Baltimore and Pittsburgh have been moved to Tuesday but with so many players testing positive from both teams with new ones popping up each day, there’s a real chance they don’t play this game and as fantasy players, you need to be careful here as it’s possible the game gets thrown out if it gets moved to a new Week 18 so be careful, you may want to consider not playing any Ravens or Steelers to try and avoid the entire mess with the threat of potentially getting a zero for those players if you have them in your lineup. We’ll be making adjustments to our lineups where we have good alternatives that we know will be playing.
- James Conner tested positive on Saturday but as of this writing, it was not known what the results of his second test were but there’s a good chance he misses the game on Tuesday unless his Saturday test turns out to be a false-positive. UPDATE: Conner is OUT and has been added to the leagues Covid-IR list.
- Mike Glennon starts for Jacksonville but with both starting wideouts out, it doesn’t look like a great play.
- Mitchell Trubisky will start for the Bears today.
- Buffalo has moved John Brown to IR where he’ll miss the next three weeks. If you haven’t dropped him already, now is the time.
- It doesn’t sound like Zach Ertz will be available on Monday night, he’s close to returning to the field however.
- Kenny Stills was released by Houston.
- Detroit fired HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn.. one could argue, it was about time but we wish both luck in their next career steps. Patricia will latch on as a defensive coordinator somewhere.
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, CAR – Will play against his former team.
Philip Rivers, QB, IND – Will be ready to go today after being held out of practice Wednesday and Thursday and only practicing in a limited fashion on Friday.
Sam Darnold, QB, NYJ – He’ll be back out there against Miami.
Austin Ekeler, RB, LAC – He is expected back today and with Kalen Ballage declared inactive, he’ll be needed. Expect a decent amount of Joshua Kelley though as Ekeler will be eased back into the offense.
Raheem Mostert, RB, SF – After losing Mostert a second time this season, expect the 49ers to ease him back into his role but he should be out there and is worth a look.
Laviska Shenault, WR, JAC – He may be the only wide receiver that Jacksonville can play but with Mike Glennon throwing the ball, it’s hard to get too excited about it.
Deebo Samuel, WR, SF – Is expected to make his return this week but like Mostert, the 49ers won’t want to lose Samuel yet again so we’re expecting them to ease him back.
Sammy Watkins, WR, KC – Will be back today and is still available on a lot of waiver wires.
Jerry Jeudy, WR, DEN – Is expected to be able to play today but with the change at QB.. we wouldn’t recommend playing any Denver players this week that make a living catching a football.
Eric Ebron, TE, PIT – Has been removed from the injury report so is expected to play on Tuesday. If they play on Tuesday.
Hayden Hurst, TE, ATL – Is expected.
Graham Gano, K, NYG – Has been activated off the Covid-IR list.
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, MIA – May miss multiple weeks with a thumb injury. It’s Fitz-magic time.
Gardner Minshew II, QB, JAC – Not yet. Though they could use him.
Christian McCaffrey, RB, CAR – As expected, will not go today.
Jonathan Taylor, RB, IND – Placed on the Covid-IR list and will miss this game.
Myles Gaskin, RB, MIA – Maybe next week.
Kalen Ballage, RB, LAC – His calf and ankle injuries have sidelined him this week.
Tevin Coleman, RB, SF – Not yet, though the 49ers do get Mostert and Wilson back for this one.
Qadree Ollison, RB, ATL – Will not go today either leaving more for Brian Hill.
Salvon Ahmed, RB, MIA – Will not play.
Joe Mixon, RB, CIN – Not today.
Jalen Richard, RB, LV – Will not play today.
Julio Jones, WR, ATL – Will not be able to play through his hamstring today.
D.J. Chark, WR, JAC – Jacksonville will be missing their two starting receivers with Mike Glennon at the helm. It doesn’t look pretty.
Chris Conley, WR, JAC – Oh boy. That leaves Glennon to Shenault as about the only option.
John Brown, WR, BUF – Put in IR, will miss the next three weeks at least.
Brandon Aiyuk, WR, SF – Not expected today due to Covid.
Mark Andrews, TE, BAL – What a mess. Andrews has tested positive and will likely miss the next two games at minimum.
Zach Ertz, TE, PHI – He plays Monday and technically is eligible to play but the team seems to be indicating that he needs another week.
Tyler Kroft, TE, BUF – Not this week.