Megalodon
Sand$: 162,041.62
Budmonsan wrote:pettite is retiring!

i hate the yankees but always loved andy.

i never minded him.

however, yanks fans are now scrambling. i've heard somewhere that some yanks fans have given the staff a nickname in the old braves' staff "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain"

"Sabathia and Hughes and then we lose"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,521.03
marty1841 wrote:"Sabathia and Hughes and then we lose"

Nice!

Image Image

Megalodon
Sand$: 28,243.01
marty1841 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:pettite is retiring!

i hate the yankees but always loved andy.

i never minded him.

however, yanks fans are now scrambling. i've heard somewhere that some yanks fans have given the staff a nickname in the old braves' staff "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain"

"Sabathia and Hughes and then we lose"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
funny.

I'm not a yankees fan for certain. But there were a few guys I liked. Andy was one of them. Always seemed like a class act. He was a Steroid user, got buststed, and took it like a man. Admitted it and then everyone let it go. =D> Unlike roger and barry....idiots.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,223.76
Rotoworld:
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Tuesday that Brian Wilson (oblique) will begin the season on the disabled list.

Pretty much what we were expecting. The good news is that the Giants can backdate the DL-stint so that he will be eligible to return for the second game of the series against the Padres next week. Sergio Romo will likely handle save chances during his brief absence, though Jeremy Affeldt and Javier Lopez could also be in the mix.
Source: Jaymee Sire on Twitter Mar 29, 8:19 PM

Brad Lidge (shoulder) said Tuesday that he hopes to be back for the second half of the season.

Ouch. Lidge actually has a partially torn rotator cuff. He's expected to be shut down completely for 3-6 weeks, but is unlikely to begin throwing for about two months. "Best case is between 3-6 weeks to not throw at all," explained Lidge. "Then you’ve got to build up just as much on the other side, however long it takes. I’m thinking in my mind I’ve got to be back for the second half and have a real good second half, make sure I’m stronger than before. Not just where I was, but stronger. It’s a partial tear of the rotator cuff. If it was in the labrum, that’s game over, out for the season. The rotator cuff doesn’t have to be … It’s still a crappy feeling." Lidge could be back in early-June and that's if everything breaks right. Jose Contreras is expected to fill-in while he's gone.
Source: Wilmington News Journal Mar 29, 6:24 PM

Andrew Bailey (forearm) made 30 throws from a distance of approximately 80 feet on Tuesday.

Athletics manager Bob Geren said that Bailey felt "great" following the outing. The A's closer is making good progress from a strained right forearm, but he is expected to miss at least the first couple weeks of the season as he gradually increases his workload. Brian Fuentes is the one you want to own in this bullpen right now. Mar 29, 7:01 PM
Source: Susan Slusser on Twitter

Early season cheap saves? Anybody else to add to the list?
Great White Shark
Rotoworld:
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire announced Thursday that Joe Nathan and Matt Capps will share the closer role early in the season.

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire hedged a bit over the weekend, but this is absolutely the right move. The main issue that is the Twins want to see that Nathan is truly healthy and can pitch multiple days in a row. "We know our closer situation and how we're going to handle that," said Gardenhire. "We've talked to Joe and Capper about it. We know Joe can't go three, four or five days in a row, or maybe even two, so we'll protect him early. We have two pretty good ones there." Capps is worth owning for now, but if all goes well, Nathan will have the job all to himself soon.
Source: Twins.mlb.com Mar 31, 3:46 PM

If he's sitting on your waiver wire, he might get you some cheap saves early on.
Great White Shark
Rotoworld:
Jair Jurrjens (side) felt good after throwing a bullpen session Thursday.

Jurrjens is now scheduled to throw a bullpen session with more intensity on Sunday. If that goes well, he should be cleared to make his April 6 regular season debut against the Brewers. Jurrjens fanned 86 batters in 116 1/3 inning last season and should be a decent fantasy option throughout the 2011 campaign.
Source: David O'Brien on Twitter Mar 31, 11:27 AM

He's a FA in one of my leagues. Anybody think he'll have a bounce back season? What kind of numbers should we expect?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10.00
Longoria to DL with oblique strain..

punch me in the face....
Great White Shark
tha1000 wrote:Longoria to DL with oblique strain..

Details from Rotoworld:
Rays placed 3B Evan Longoria on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique.

It's expected to sideline him for at least three weeks, so he won't be back before late April even in a best-case scenario. The Rays will go with Sean Rodriguez as their primary third baseman while Longo is out, while Ben Zobrist will play second base and Matt Joyce right field. Felipe Lopez has been summoned from Triple-A and should also get some at-bats.
Apr 3, 1:18 PM
Great White Shark
More DL news from Rotoworld:
Orioles placed LHP Brian Matusz on the 15-day disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle.

The talented left-hander is expected to miss anywhere from three to six weeks. Matusz really came on in the second half last year and was slated to be the Orioles' ace right out of the chute, but he'll get a late start. Zach Britton has been summoned from Triple-A and will fill Matusz's spot in the rotation.
Apr 3, 2:38 PM

Orioles recalled LHP Zach Britton from Triple-A Norfolk.

Britton was the Orioles' best pitcher in spring training, but they didn't want to start his service yet and thus elected to start him in the minors. That stance changed when Brian Matusz was injured, though. Britton, who is making his debut against the Rays Sunday, has significant upside and is worthy of a gamble in deeper mixed leagues. Apr 3, 2:42 PM

Good advice, or wait and see?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 313,521.03
fishfry wrote:More DL news from Rotoworld:
Orioles placed LHP Brian Matusz on the 15-day disabled list with a strained intercostal muscle.

The talented left-hander is expected to miss anywhere from three to six weeks. Matusz really came on in the second half last year and was slated to be the Orioles' ace right out of the chute, but he'll get a late start. Zach Britton has been summoned from Triple-A and will fill Matusz's spot in the rotation.
Apr 3, 2:38 PM

Orioles recalled LHP Zach Britton from Triple-A Norfolk.

Britton was the Orioles' best pitcher in spring training, but they didn't want to start his service yet and thus elected to start him in the minors. That stance changed when Brian Matusz was injured, though. Britton, who is making his debut against the Rays Sunday, has significant upside and is worthy of a gamble in deeper mixed leagues. Apr 3, 2:42 PM

Good advice, or wait and see?

if you have a spot, i would definately stash him while you can.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 73,030.96
It looks like Bryce Harper will be in the Big Leagues soon.

Bryce Harper went 2-for-3 with a walk and a run scored Monday in his first game with Double-A Harrisburg.Interestingly, Harper also played left field for the first time in his professional career. The 18-year-old made the jump to Double-A on Monday after batting .318/.423/.554 with 14 homers, 19 stolen bases and a .977 OPS over 72 games with High-A Hagerstown. He's slated to represent the U.S. in the annual Futures Game on Sunday. Jul 5, 12:43 AMSource: MiLB.com
Great White Shark
Axford to remain the closer for the Brewers..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6071/john-axford
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10.00
Loser829 wrote:Axford to remain the closer for the Brewers..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6071/john-axford

Not surprising considering the $17 million vesting option for 2012 tied to games finished for Frankie.

punch me in the face....
Great White Shark
No doubt.. 17 Mill for K-Rod is a little pricey!
Great White Shark
Possible trade suitors for Carlos Beltran are Phillies and Red Sox?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/2706/carlos-beltran