Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,952.30
Obviously the Mets had no one scouting the ALCS? Fastball down the middle on the first pitch to Escobar? The guy laid off one first pitch in that entire series. Harvey probably could have rolled it up and got Escobar to swing. Can't make those mistakes.

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,069.07
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.

So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

But I'm totally biased and happy to admit it.
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,183.48
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.

So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

Me too
Who would I rather see hit...Kendry Morales or Yordano Ventura?

I know..I know...I miss the vaunted double switch
Megalodon
Curtis!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,488.14
Well....I see that Bartolo Colon isn't missing any meals. :lol:

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
SnakeStabler wrote:Well....I see that Bartolo Colon isn't missing any meals. :lol:

You should watch some videos of Bartolo hitting this year. The man puts all he's got into it

That 12th inning was crazy.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,488.14
Very good game. I think this thing goes 7. Teams seem evenly matched.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:

I disagree. I think it works both ways. The Giants had no problems when they were in the series...the AL teams struggled to get their dh hitter into the lineup because they are usually a liability in the field. And their pitchers are usually way worse at hitting/bunting.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:

I disagree. I think it works both ways. The Giants had no problems when they were in the series...the AL teams struggled to get their dh hitter into the lineup because they are usually a liability in the field. And their pitchers are usually way worse at hitting/bunting.

Not all pitchers can be Madison Bumgarner. That guy can hit.
Megalodon
Lol. bumgarner would lead the team in hrs if he played everyday.

but im not just talking hitting...also bunting to advance runners into scoring position is crucial. most giants pitchers were pretty good at getting bunts down. I see alot of AL pitchers struggle with that.

i remember when SF beat Texas in the world series. Texas struggled when they couldnt use the dh and they had to put vlad guerrero in RF. Also last year when SF beat KC. Billy Butler one of their best hitters had to pitch hit. SF had an advantage every year in the WS imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Tis game's going to be a stressful one. I think Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld would agree.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,223.76
Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.
Megalodon
fishfry wrote:Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.

Lets tie it up tonight. Matz making his ninth career start. He's a stud. Maybe the most exciting young pitcher we've got for the long term.
Last edited by Apes on Sat 10.31.2015, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Apes wrote:
fishfry wrote:Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.

Lets tie it up tonight. Matz making his ninth career start. He's a stud. Maybe the most exciting going pitcher we've got for the long term.

I loved the Syndergaard comment after the game. this series could get even more interesting. This one looks like it could go 7

Megalodon
Huge shot by Conforto!