User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5459
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008
Sand$: 5,952.30
Obviously the Mets had no one scouting the ALCS? Fastball down the middle on the first pitch to Escobar? The guy laid off one first pitch in that entire series. Harvey probably could have rolled it up and got Escobar to swing. Can't make those mistakes.
_______________________________________

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.


So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

But I'm totally biased and happy to admit it.
Megalodon
Posts: 10367
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006
Sand$: 21,183.48
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.


So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

But I'm totally biased and happy to admit it.


Me too
Who would I rather see hit...Kendry Morales or Yordano Ventura?

I know..I know...I miss the vaunted double switch
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
Curtis!
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39840
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 129,488.14
Well....I see that Bartolo Colon isn't missing any meals. :lol:
_______________________________________

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
SnakeStabler wrote:Well....I see that Bartolo Colon isn't missing any meals. :lol:


You should watch some videos of Bartolo hitting this year. The man puts all he's got into it

That 12th inning was crazy.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39840
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 129,488.14
Very good game. I think this thing goes 7. Teams seem evenly matched.
_______________________________________

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20351
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 23,339.22
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.


So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

But I'm totally biased and happy to admit it.

I disagree. I think it works both ways. The Giants had no problems when they were in the series...the AL teams struggled to get their dh hitter into the lineup because they are usually a liability in the field. And their pitchers are usually way worse at hitting/bunting.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Apes wrote:
herb wrote:
Apes wrote:I always forget about the stupid DH. So unfair to National League teams.

How would it not be unfair to the AL team not to use a DH? NL gets 3 games w/o and the AL gets 4 games with as well as HFA as a result of the AS game. Imagine that, an all star game that has some meaning.


So I may be blinded by my bias a bit on this topic, but I feel like the AL gets the better of the situation. AL rosters are built for the DH- you've got a burly power hitter in that spot. NL rosters are not-they are more likely to carry an extra pitcher and more utility players on the bench. When they play in an AL ballpark, the DH is typically a guy who isn't good enough to win a regular starting spot. When the AL goes to the NL, they obviously are the ones disadvantaged (got to sit that burly power hitter down, or put him in the field and risk a defensive liability), but in my opinion, the NL gets it worse.

But I'm totally biased and happy to admit it.

I disagree. I think it works both ways. The Giants had no problems when they were in the series...the AL teams struggled to get their dh hitter into the lineup because they are usually a liability in the field. And their pitchers are usually way worse at hitting/bunting.


Not all pitchers can be Madison Bumgarner. That guy can hit.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20351
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 23,339.22
Lol. bumgarner would lead the team in hrs if he played everyday.

but im not just talking hitting...also bunting to advance runners into scoring position is crucial. most giants pitchers were pretty good at getting bunts down. I see alot of AL pitchers struggle with that.

i remember when SF beat Texas in the world series. Texas struggled when they couldnt use the dh and they had to put vlad guerrero in RF. Also last year when SF beat KC. Billy Butler one of their best hitters had to pitch hit. SF had an advantage every year in the WS imo
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
Tis game's going to be a stressful one. I think Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld would agree.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7689
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 1,223.76
Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
fishfry wrote:Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.



Lets tie it up tonight. Matz making his ninth career start. He's a stud. Maybe the most exciting young pitcher we've got for the long term.
Last edited by Apes on Sat 10.31.2015, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20351
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 23,339.22
Apes wrote:
fishfry wrote:Congrats Mets fans. Needed that one badly.



Lets tie it up tonight. Matz making his ninth career start. He's a stud. Maybe the most exciting going pitcher we've got for the long term.

I loved the Syndergaard comment after the game. this series could get even more interesting. This one looks like it could go 7
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 46,069.07
Huge shot by Conforto!