Megalodon
Sand$: 61,019.70
Wrong forum: http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1. Noob.

I kid! I kid! I don't have an answer to your question, either. But, then again, I'm a Royals fan--I don't follow baseball.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 960.04
I think right now.. and for the last couple of years, the AL just has more talented squads. With the exception of the Phillies, the NL is pretty meh.

And that may be all about the $$$ too. With the Dodgers in bankruptcy, and the Mets mortgaged their future a couple of years back, the big spending teams aren't there either.
Sand$: 4,300.34
Because they have pitchers trying to hit baseballs. Who really thinks that's a good idea?

:D

:Drink) <-- Left Hand Milk Stout

Megalodon
Sand$: 28,012.16
dedela wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:Because they have pitchers trying to hit baseballs. Who really thinks that's a good idea?

IMO I dont like the designated hitter. Call me old school but the game was created with just 9 ball players, e.g. the pitcher hitting. True their talents are of a defensive nature, but I think the introduction of the designated hitter changed the whole strategy of the game. It also minimizes the statistics of the wins prior to 1973 when the game was played with the pitcher hitting.

As a fan of the Red Sox...an AL team, I must say that I agree with you.
I'd like to see pitchers hit.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,078.00
honingskills wrote:
dedela wrote:
Stankweasels 3000 wrote:Because they have pitchers trying to hit baseballs. Who really thinks that's a good idea?

IMO I dont like the designated hitter. Call me old school but the game was created with just 9 ball players, e.g. the pitcher hitting. True their talents are of a defensive nature, but I think the introduction of the designated hitter changed the whole strategy of the game. It also minimizes the statistics of the wins prior to 1973 when the game was played with the pitcher hitting.

x3
Great White Shark
Sand$: 960.04
I agree with the "pitchers should hit". There's much more strategy in those games. You see it in the world series too. I think most real baseball fans, would kill the dh rule, and yet, it seems that the spin is, fans like offense.

I'm also no fan of the 3 division per league and wild card playoff entry. Baseball should not be played in November.
Sand$: 4,300.34
honingskills wrote:
dedela wrote:

Yeah...if your Sox pitchers had to bat they'd be a little less apt to chuck the beanballs as often as they do. (c:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,168.00
Thunder Struck wrote:
honingskills wrote:
dedela wrote:

x3

x4 but, look at how bad these nl teams are. maybe that's why it's happening.

sig by nj
GO EAGLES!!
change my avatar! vote now!