John Wick 4

Sand$: 43,354.49
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 139,434.66
Run time for this movie is 2 hours 49 minutes. Pretty sure it won't be boring, but that's a long movie these days.

https://collider.com/john-wick-4-runtime-keanu-reeves/

2020 LOT Champion
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 351,773.87
That’s a damn long movie. I’d have to watch it in 2 different sittings . 2 hours is about my max to sit still and watch tv/movie.

Supreme Megalodon

Interesting video about this movie. The actors, the settings, the cities etc.

2020 LOT Champion
Supreme Megalodon
We only have 1 IMAX theatre in town. 200 seats. Its already sold out from Thursday thru Sunday. Even the regular screens are close to the same. I think I will wait till next weekend. :lol:

2020 LOT Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,764.47
I liked this a lot. Boarding a plane so this will be relatively brief.

The Good:
Prototypical big screen movie - all the money they spent on this ends up on the screen.

Several unforgettable fight sequences that I won’t spoil. Some are especially memorable if you know Paris reasonably well. (No spoilers there because the poster has the Eiffel Tower right on there, and Paris is very much part of this rather than a throwaway establishing shot or two.)

Beautifully shot in terms of locations and coherent, easy-to-follow action - lots of films can do the former but the latter isn’t so common. There’s one outstanding sequence where the camera goes overhead like 1980s video game classic “Gauntlet,” and it really unlocks a very novel perspective on some crowd-pleasing ultra carnage.

References to “The Warriors” made me smile. In fact this movie feels like it has a bit more comedy than the other John Wick movies. The audience I was with was pretty responsive to these bits (and some of the more OOF injuries and kills). There were a couple of the Paris geography moments that made me laugh out loud. (Among others, maybe you can find some W T F posts by Parisians about “we got you as close as we could” and why that route was deeply weird.)

IMAX was well worth it to feel the bone crunching impact. You’d be fine without it but it really helped the “you are there” immersion.

The not as good:
This was *very* long at nearly 3 hours. But I don’t know that there was an organic place to break this movie up into two parts in a satisfying way. I also struggle to think of an easy place to just cut, especially after seeing what they did at every step of the story; one that would be cleanest and could easily make the most narrative sense (the one with action genre legend Scott Adkins) is also one of the best (and longest) sequences of the film. (Similar problem in the most recent Bond movie.) To be fair, the movie mostly breezed by, so the length is forgivable, but it’s still notable.

There’s a recurring character that was never explained and who had no real payoff. I don’t know what was up with that, but the nature of how everything was shot meant that you couldn’t just edit the character out of the movie without major reshoots. More than anything else I want to know what was up with this character, why the character stayed in the final shooting script, if this was originally conceived as a spin off thing, etc. Maybe they just wanted another pet owner in the movie, I dunno.

Other than those, I don’t have much to complain about. Top tier John Wick. Fans of any of the previous films should give this a look in the cinema, you will get your money’s worth.
Megalodon
Sand$: 160,622.42
Good review, thanks.

Glad to hear the length at least makes sense there.
Great White Shark
marty1841 wrote:Good review, thanks.

Yeah as we started what must have been preview #7 I was getting agitated. Definitely don’t drink much before watching this movie! But you will not be checking your watch, this movie bounces from action to action at a good clip.
Supreme Megalodon
Madden Curse wrote:
marty1841 wrote:Good review, thanks.

Yeah as we started what must have been preview #7 I was getting agitated. Definitely don’t drink much before watching this movie! But you will not be checking your watch, this movie bounces from action to action at a good clip.

My wife is worried about being able to take a restroom break, so she just needs to eat popcorn and not so much Sprite. :lol:

Good review. Thanks.

Edit: Its a shame that Lance Reddick passed away a week before this movie came out. Hopefully they do some sort of tribute for him.

2020 LOT Champion
Great White Shark
SnakeStabler wrote:My wife is worried about being able to take a restroom break, so she just needs to eat popcorn and not so much Sprite. :lol:

From the director himself, here is some advice on when to safely take a bathroom break:

VERY MINOR SPOILERS BELOW:

I got something for you, for anyone watching John Wick: Chapter 4, after the water scene in the club, I did that to make you want to go to the bathroom. That's a good time to go to the bathroom and come back, and you would be fine (laughs)."

https://www.cbr.com/john-wick-4-shuts-d ... ts-length/

He probably knows best and maybe I am forgetting something, but I think a better time to duck out if you need to is *before* that sequence really picks up. I believe it’s about an hour or so into the movie. So my recommendation is to take your break right after a scene ends where John Wick visits a friend at a wall-vaulted cemetery in the middle of a river. The scene that follows is less essential than the cemetery exposition and way less fun than the club sequence the director mentions above.

If you’re desperate and fidgety, go where I suggest, after the cemetery scene. If you can hold out for a bit longer, then follow the director’s advice and go after the club sequence is over. I didn’t need a break personally but I saw plenty of people ducking out to do so during the movie.

VERY MINOR SPOILERS OVER.
Supreme Megalodon
Thanks for the info.

2020 LOT Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Almost hit 80 million box office in the states opening weekend. =D>

2020 LOT Champion
Supreme Megalodon
I don't know how one could possibly improve on what that movie gave us. The almost 3 hour movie, moved along quite quickly actually. We never left our seats which surprised me somewhat with my wife. :lol: There is so much going on in these scenes, I am likely to go see this again at some point.

Great movie ! :Drink)

2020 LOT Champion