Whatcha Binging?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,662.48
Someone brought up Tales From the Loop. Binged it over a few days.

Straight up depressing. Just tragedy after tragedy. Happy ending? I won't spoil it.

Life goes by quick.
Megalodon
Sand$: 162,111.36
Almost through season 3 of the Americans so far. Like where this is all going, really thoughtful show covering tons of angles.
Megalodon
Got me to thinking through all of this: What have you binged during this whole pandemic? I'm not proud of how much television I've watched, but this is all that I have:

Tiger King
Seasons 2+3 of Ozark
All 3 seasons of the Leftovers
All 3 Seasons of Fargo
Both Seasons of Barry
Hunters
Both seasons of Jack Ryan
The Boys
Wu-Tang: An American Saga
Waco
The Last Dance
The Mandalorian

Man. That's a lot. And doesn't include how many episodes of Always Sunny I watch....or movies, etc. And still have so much time on my hands.
Last edited by marty1841 on Wed 05.20.2020, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
Waco
The Mandalorian
The Midnight Gospels
Watched the Pilot to the new Penny Dreadful. They should drop Penny from the title.
Megalodon
Sand$: 55,523.06
Tiger King
The Crown / The King's Speech
Star Wars Movies
This Is Us season 4

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,949.15
'The Great' (on Hulu, highly recommended)
'The Wire' S3

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,502.08
Elmagister wrote:Waco
The Mandalorian
The Midnight Gospels
Watched the Pilot to the new Penny Dreadful. They should drop Penny from the title.

I really enjoyed the Mando..

Just started Bad Blood with Kim Coates.. Got me hooked first ep and it's moved pretty fast since. The older I get the more I tend to spot flaws in stories and plots, timelines and I'm sensing it could be an issue here but not yet. Just a feeling...

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Kaleb.09 wrote:'The Great' (on Hulu, highly recommended)

I keep seeing this pop up. Seems like a comedy rather than a "real" historical accounting. Not sure what to make of that. I like historical dramas. Not sure about historical comedy.

canadianraiderfan wrote:Everybody used to have the coolest sigs on this site.... hardly anybody has them anymore.... did I miss the memo or something?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,991.11
marty1841 wrote:Got me to thinking through all of this: What have you binged during this whole pandemic? I'm not proud of how much television I've watched, but this is all that I have:

Tiger King
Seasons 2+3 of Ozark
All 3 seasons of the Leftovers
All 3 Seasons of Fargo
Both Seasons of Barry
Hunters
Both seasons of Jack Ryan
The Boys
Wu-Tang: An American Saga
Waco
The Last Dance
The Mandalorian

Man. That's a lot. And doesn't include how many episodes of Always Sunny I watch....or movies, etc. And still have so much time on my hands.

Wow that is a lot! In what order do you recommend those?
Megalodon
Too much.
It depends on what you're into. Example, Waco/Tiger King can really be done in a few hours and just binged in one sitting. Leftovers/Fargo much longer and much more dedication to get through.
Based on my overall preference:

The Leftovers - One of the best TV shows I've watched. I'm embrrassed for giving up on it so soon.
The Last Dance - Brilliant Documentary
Barry - Great premise, well acted, and really well thought out
Fargo - Aside from one scene in 3 seasons, there wasn't much of a misstep.
The Boys - Really enjoyed it. Didn't know that it was this good.
Ozark - love the premise of the show. Seaason 1 was fantastic. Season 2 tailed off a bit for me. Season 3 was a miss.
Tiger King - Not up there with the other shows, but damn if it isn't a quality binge.
Waco - Ficitionalized for sure, but really thought it was good.
Mandalorian - I'm not a Star Wars junkie. It was entertaining, but I wasn't driven to watch it.
Jack Ryan - just typical cookie cutter action show. Entertained, but only slightly more than a network TV show
Hunters - I liked the premise of the show, but it never really decided what it wanted to be.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
Mandalorian - I'm not a Star Wars junkie. It was entertaining, but I wasn't driven to watch it.

I used to be. Lucas and Disney destroyed that for me. I ignored Mando for awhile because of that, but finally decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. This has a love for the material/universe that's missing from the new stuff, and it shines through. It was very refreshing for me. I hope they don't ruin it. Having said that, I don't get all the love and hype for the baby. It's a barely active muppet.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:I don't get all the love and hype for the baby.

That's because you're not female.

I think this is why Disney missed not having baby Yoda merch available upon the series release. They didn't anticipate the female viewing audience.

Sand$: 40,260.77
:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,991.11
Elmagister wrote:

I used to be. Lucas and Disney destroyed that for me. I ignored Mando for awhile because of that, but finally decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. This has a love for the material/universe that's missing from the new stuff, and it shines through. It was very refreshing for me. I hope they don't ruin it. Having said that, I don't get all the love and hype for the baby. It's a barely active muppet.

The show is definitely as close as we got to the vibe of the OT since most of ROGUE ONE and I guess a few elements of REVENGE OF THE SITH. I liked it. I understand why a non-SW fan going back to the OT wouldn't pick up on the vibe or realize how this was different from the prequels or newest trilogy, but I think the love and respect that Dave Filoni had for the setting was palpable.

Baby Yoda is certainly cute and they use him about as effectively as they can in the show. It seems almost perfectly designed in accordance with cuteness science: https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/w ... -way-we-do
Megalodon
Finished the first season The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Funny. Really enjoying it so far.