Pet Peeves

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9087
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009
Sand$: 10,703.66
Newest pet peeve: spending 90 f***ing minutes on the phone with my homeowners insurance company because my damned property is known by two completely different addresses despite being the exact same physical location, and I need them to just edit the address from one to the other so my f***ing refinancing can finish processing, because they won't process it if the addresses don't match up, and the newer address from the condo conversion is pre-dated by the address on the deed.

The kick in the rump: They had to cancel the old policy, make a new policy, and then had the audacity to try to actually charge me more f***ing money because it was a "different" address, despite the fact that I told them half a dozen times it was the SAME PHYSICAL LOCATION.

The irony: I got them to waive the fee for having to submit it as a 911 address change when the project at my job that I've been working on for the past 2 years and probably the next 2 involves updating the master address list for the 911 system for my state. :F ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
Megalodon
Posts: 24934
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,546.50
Whenever you call say Comcast or your bank or whatever and you find out you can take a dump and make a sandwich and come back to catch the end of their menu options because according to them they have changed and take 10 damn minutes to get through and then when you finally get where you want to go you magically get disconnected so guess what, MORE MENU OPTIONS!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9087
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009
Sand$: 10,703.66
People who literally don't understand what the word "literally" means when used in conversation. 8)

People who write "fiance" when they really mean "fiancee". Or maybe I'm totally underestimating the ghey epidemic.

Gladiators in my coliseum of entertainment who don't use their tridents and nets properly.
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6554
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007
Sand$: 10,467.88
People who don't wait for you to exit the elevator before entering. Even when they see that you're exiting, apparently they have too much momentum to stop from cramming themselves in first.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33839
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 27,503.68
DropkickFluties wrote:Newest pet peeve: spending 90 f***ing minutes on the phone with my homeowners insurance company because my damned property is known by two completely different addresses despite being the exact same physical location, and I need them to just edit the address from one to the other so my f***ing refinancing can finish processing, because they won't process it if the addresses don't match up, and the newer address from the condo conversion is pre-dated by the address on the deed.

The kick in the rump: They had to cancel the old policy, make a new policy, and then had the audacity to try to actually charge me more f***ing money because it was a "different" address, despite the fact that I told them half a dozen times it was the SAME PHYSICAL LOCATION.

The irony: I got them to waive the fee for having to submit it as a 911 address change when the project at my job that I've been working on for the past 2 years and probably the next 2 involves updating the master address list for the 911 system for my state. :F ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)



I once owned a house that was at 968 EAST Xxxxxxxx Lane.

somehow, on the mortgage paperwork, it ended up 968 NORTH Xxxxxxxx Lane.


That was a pain in the azz until I moved out.
_______________________________________

What about beans?
Great White Shark
Posts: 8115
Joined: Wed Sep 4, 2002
Sand$: 4,604.49
Currently happening to my coworker: Our company installed new HR software and screwed up his mailing address. He lives on a street named for a number. So instead of mailing him stuff to 123-5th Ave. it's mailing it to 1235 Th Ave. So far, I've heard him on the phone for at least 2 hours, and nobody is able to figure out how to fix the problem.

Difficulty: There is also a "Fifth St." (where the word is used instead of the number) in his town that gets his mail if he tries to spell the number out.

Combination city planning/HR/software patch peeve!
_______________________________________

Image


What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9087
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009
Sand$: 10,703.66
I'm resisting the urge to go on a rant about all the idiotic addressing schemes I've seen in play. It's impossible to build a universal address parser (god knows I've tried) because what is a rule in one town is violated in another.

i.e. 23 A J Slater Road. Is it (23 | A J Slater Road) or is it (23A | J Slater Road) or is it (23 Slater Road| Bldg A| Unit J)? Answer: In some towns it's one, in some towns it's the other, and in some towns it can be any combination thereof.

Disagreement in names between various sources always leaves somebody pissy.

(and +10 Intuition points to anybody who appreciates the name of the sample road)
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21776
Joined: Sat Jul 2, 2005
Sand$: 88,256.80
DropkickFluties wrote:I'm resisting the urge to go on a rant about all the idiotic addressing schemes I've seen in play. It's impossible to build a universal address parser (god knows I've tried) because what is a rule in one town is violated in another.

i.e. 23 A J Slater Road. Is it (23 | A J Slater Road) or is it (23A | J Slater Road) or is it (23 Slater Road| Bldg A| Unit J)? Answer: In some towns it's one, in some towns it's the other, and in some towns it can be any combination thereof.

Disagreement in names between various sources always leaves somebody pissy.

(and +10 Intuition points to anybody who appreciates the name of the sample road)


Saved by the Bell?

Do I get some sands?

I'm your Huckleberry
_______________________________________

Grid Guru....Man of the People!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17581
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009
Sand$: 41,722.78
What I hate is when a road name changes for no apparent reason. On one side of the intersection the road is called Pierce St and then you drive straight across Hot Lips Blvd and suddenly you are on Hawkeye Rd. There is one road in my hometown that has 3 different names in a 3 block span.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8115
Joined: Wed Sep 4, 2002
Sand$: 4,604.49
625james wrote:What I hate is when a road name changes for no apparent reason. On one side of the intersection the road is called Pierce St and then you drive straight across Hot Lips Blvd and suddenly you are on Hawkeye Rd. There is one road in my hometown that has 3 different names in a 3 block span.


We have one like that. It used to be Lumley Rd. all the was across, but they built a country club/subdivision on it so now you drive on Lumley until it crosses Alexander Dr., where it becomes Arnold Palmer Drive until it crosses Brier Creek Pkwy. where it becomes Lumley again.
_______________________________________

Image


What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46314
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,860.64
625james wrote:What I hate is when a road name changes for no apparent reason. On one side of the intersection the road is called Pierce St and then you drive straight across Hot Lips Blvd and suddenly you are on Hawkeye Rd. There is one road in my hometown that has 3 different names in a 3 block span.


Blame urban sprawl swallowing up small communities that already had roads. In Charlotte Mulberry Church Rd becomes Billy Graham becomes Woodlawn which becomes Runnymede which becomes Sharon Rd (which crosses Sharon Ave) which becomes Wendover which becomes Eastway.

I always find the intersection of Queens and Queens to be goofy but nothing tops the number of Peachtree roads, streets and avenues in dumbAsslanta.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1962
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002
Sand$: 960.04
f u hgtv.

I have a real job, and i don't make the kind of money to shop houses in italy, costa rica, and san francisco. I can't repaint, re-tile, and re-landscape every weekend. I don't have a cheap pile of junk to make artistic home decorations, or the time to shop all the pawn shops, thrift stores, and second hand shops to find "gems" that are just waiting for my super easy transformation into a huge profit.

I really don't want to remodel and/or flip houses "in my spare time". I freakin hate painting.

HGTV: Where fishing dreams go to die.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34704
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003
Sand$: 17,878.54
one show i applaud on there though is holmes on holmes. why? this guy makes even the simplest of projects seem like they'll take forever. Canada's residential building codes are so ridiculous that at the slightest hint of anything, he's like "we need to tear down this whole bathroom, rip up the sub floor, redo the plumbing and retile the bath." uh the guy said he had a toilet that won't stop running....

my wife thinks any project will take months now so no more, "hey this weekend cna you ______________"

god bless holmes on holmes
_______________________________________

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16221
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 8,030.89
i think its holmes on homes.

is giada on that channel? i love her enormous head and many teeth and her 2 boobs.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 46314
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,860.64
elven wrote:i think its holmes on homes.

is giada on that channel? i love her enormous head and many teeth and her 2 boobs.


Maybe he's watching a show about John Holmes not homes.

I pray that I'm right.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests