Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - 6
Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR - 5
Moss, Santana WAS WR - 4
Stovall, Maurice TBB WR - 10
Davis, Vernon SFO TE - 6
Kaeding, Nate SDC PK - 7
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def - 5
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 4

Just as I do every year, I LOVE my team! Solid 1-2 punch at RB, potentially the best QB not named Manning, plently of home run hitters at WR, the game's most up-and-coming TE, a top 5 Def and perhaps the league's best kicker, who quietly put up a league second 136 points! My starting 8, as my teenager says, Rocks Out Loud!

Depth at RB is weak, but not horribly so, I like Morency and Booker, just not every week. But unlike the rest of you not named Tony or Coach, I can afford to play to win, not place or show, as I am going nowhere if decimated by injury. I get to stay - perks of the job man.

I like everyone though, really, this is a good year to be drafting, lots of talent out there. These teams are going to be competitive all year!

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,279.52
Player YTD Pts Bye
Romo, Tony DAL QB - 8
Smith, Alex SFO QB - 6
Henry, Travis DEN RB - 6
Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 4
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB - 7
Dayne, Ron HOU RB - 10
Morris, Sammy NEP RB - 10
Evans, Lee BUF WR - 6
Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 10
Jackson, Darrell SFO WR - 6
Curry, Ronald OAK WR - 5
Mason, Derrick BAL WR - 8
Shockey, Jeremy NYG TE - 9
Scaife, Bo TEN TE - 4
Rackers, Neil ARI PK - 8
Patriots, New England NEP Def - 10

Makes me nervous to be trusting Shanny to run the same RB out every week, and I definitely don't have a stud QB, but should have a good chance to win almost every week.

I'm so ready for the real games to start :D
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,281.60
Johnnyballgame's squad...picking from the 11 hole!!!!

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 7
Losman, J.P. BUF QB - 6
Betts, Ladell WAS RB - 4
Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 9
Bush, Michael OAK RB - 5
Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB - 6
Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 8
Rhodes, Dominic OAK RB - 5
Glenn, Terry DAL WR - 8
Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR - 7
Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 5
Walker, Javon DEN WR - 6
Heap, Todd BAL TE - 8
Olsen, Greg CHI TE - 9
Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 9
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def - 9

In the 7th round i was torn between taking Kitna (my #6 QB) or taking a top Tier TE...I deliberated for a while and ultimately thought I could grab a Favre/Rivers type the next round 22 picks later...so I went Tod Heap.....this backfired in my face as the next 2 rounds saw what felt like 8 QB's chosen...some as backups....so i took Delhomme in the 8th and quickly backed him up with Losman in the 9th....average numbers from these two are expected by me.

At RB, I had 10 guys pre-drafted hoping one guy would slip through the cracks in the 1st round.....none did....(oh yeah this is the Great White League)...so I was torn between Maroney, MJD, and Ronnie Brown.....I felt I needed to see another good year out of Maroney and MJD before making them 1st round picks...settled for Brown, with Cam Cameron as his new HC I liked the pick.......then I watched the 1st pre-season game....not liking the pick!!!!
Lynch will be okay as a rookie, and the brass in Buffalo love this guy....Thurman Thomas comparisons have been made...I will hold out on that logic for now...but could be solid.
Norwood can be okay, but without Vick i am worried.......Betts could be my savior if Portis is more injured that Washington brass is letting on. Then I went with 2 Raiders RB's....Rhodes is out for the 1st 4 games and Bush is a rookie...we will see what happens there.

RB Grade: C

As for my WR's I love them Chad is a monster and I felt he was the best value at my slot in the 2nd....better than the remaining RB's at the time.
Javon Walker will be a solid WR2. Terry Glenn is a bye week replacement....still the 2nd weapon in Big D...and Dwayne Jarrett is hopefully gonna be the WR2 in Carolina.

WR Grade: B+

TE's I love Heap, he will get in the neighborhood of 75 catches for 750 yards and throw in 6 TD's....I will take that from the TE position.....then I grabbed Greg Olsen as a back-up...i like how the Bears utilize their TE's!!!!

TE Grade: B, could be higher if things pan out.

Defense.......Miami, why not?

Kicker...last years #1 point scorer....will probably be in the Top 5 again this year....so why not.

Overall, i like my team...I will struggle at times as I have to face Tony and Phyree twice....but if things fall the right way who knows I may be around for another year....My 1st round selection will determine how my year unfolds.

by 2GZ.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 285,998.66
picking from the 10 spot:

Young, Vince TEN QB
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB
Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB
Morency, Vernand GBP RB
Brown, Chris TEN RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR
Johnson, Andre HOU WR
Galloway, Joey TBB WR
Marshall, Brandon DEN WR
Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
springles wrote:picking from the 10 spot:

Young, Vince TEN QB
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB
Morency, Vernand GBP RB
Brown, Chris TEN RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR
Johnson, Andre HOU WR
Galloway, Joey TBB WR
Marshall, Brandon DEN WR
Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

Hey, you're not even in the GWS league! ;)

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,279.52

Young, Vince TEN QB
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB
Morency, Vernand GBP RB
Brown, Chris TEN RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR
Johnson, Andre HOU WR
Galloway, Joey TBB WR
Marshall, Brandon DEN WR
Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

I could have sworn I was the 10 spot :lol:
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
Oh geez...this draft did not go very well.

QB: Jon Kitna / Philip Rivers

I really can't complain about my QBs. I was targeting Kitna from the start, I love QBs on bad teams with good WRs. Sure the team might lose every game 35-28 but he'll score a ton of points. Rivers was not in my plans, but he fell so far I had to take him.

RB: Joseph Addai / Thomas Jones / Deuce McAllister / Warrick Dunn / Michael Pittman

Other than Addai, this is an old backfield. Already, Thomas Jones has hurt his calf since the draft. Deuce and Dunn both have young competition to deal with, but I think they've got some gas left in the tank. If Addai or Jones is seriously injured though, I'm in BIG trouble. Like...pack my bags and send me to the Whale Shark league trouble.

BTW, Has anyone else noticed that you can't handcuff in GWS anymore? I remember in the early drafts, you could always get your starting RB's backup. Now the backups are all drafted really early. Leon Washington in the 10th, and Dede Dorsey in the 14th...no way I was wasting those picks on handcuffs. I did grab Pittman though, in place of Dorsey, because 4 RBs is just too few.

My point is...the sophistication of this league continues to improve every year.

WR: Larry Fitzgerald / Hines Ward / Chris Chambers / Kevin Curtis / Drew Carter

Fitz is a superstar on the rise. I was really glad that Ward fell to me in the 5th round. I took him at 2.12 last year! I'll gladly take a chance with Chris Chambers as my #3. That guy has killed a lot of fantasy teams...but only when he's drafted to be a full time starter. Kevin Curtis should develop into a solid backup; I could see him unseating Chambers by midseason. Drew Carter is a speculative pick...someone has to pick up Keyshawn's possession yards. Carter could easily be dropped early in the season.

TE: Owen Daniels / Eric Johnson

Oh lord...this is where my draft totally backfired.

Round 6 did me in. 5 consecutive TEs. Totally dried up the value at the position. Then I waited. And waited. And ended up with two backups. But the value just wasn't there, so I don't regret my picks.

One of these guys has to elevate his game. My hope is on Eric Johnson. The guy has an 82 reception season on his resume, making him far more qualified than any of the other trash available to me at the end of the draft.

I also got a decent defense and kicker to help out.

So yea, my team needs two things to succeed:

1) Addai and Jones stay healthy. Already off to a bad start.
2) Daniels and/or Johnson elevates to become a legitimate fantasy TE.

If those things fall into place, then I can compete.

At the bottom of my Power Rankings...johnnyballgame's team logo! Come on, man, its screwing up the whole alignment of the home page! Think square...

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Great White Shark
Sand$: 285,998.66
OilersNut wrote:

Young, Vince TEN QB
Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Bush, Reggie NOS RB
Lewis, Jamal CLE RB
Morency, Vernand GBP RB
Brown, Chris TEN RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR
Johnson, Andre HOU WR
Galloway, Joey TBB WR
Marshall, Brandon DEN WR
Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE
Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK

I could have sworn I was the 10 spot :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I didnt even see what forum this was in. I just saw the thread title and thought it was a rate my team thing. I am sorry. :oops: :oops:
So do you guys think I could compete in the GWS? :wink:

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 334.32
My team drafted from 9th spot.

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

Bennett, Michael KCC RB
Dorsey, DeDe IND RB
Foster, De'shaun CAR RB
Jackson, Brandon GBP RB
Leonard, Brian STL RB
Maroney, Laurence NEP RB
Parker, Willie PIT RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR
Driver, Donald GBP WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR
Williamson, Troy MIN WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Brown, Josh SEA PK

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def

You cannot have enough RBs, especially with this scoring system and lineup requirements. Unfortunately, everyone in the sharks leagues knows that. I was unable to get a good 3rd RB, I had to settle with De'shaun Foster, Brandon Jackson, but they are both good value picks.

I am happy with what I got, I felt this team can stay competitive the whole season.
Administrator
Sand$: 10,519.44
And the defending GWS Total Points champ is back! :shock:

No really. :lol:

I'm happy with the way things shook out for me. I traditionally draft for depth but in this league decided to go all starting lineup first, worry about depth later and something I don't see a lot of people do - draft primarily from good teams. To a degree. I believe my starting lineup will be plenty good:

QB Marc Bulger, STL
RB Steven Jackson, STL
RB Marion Barber, DAL
WR Marvin Harrison, IND
WR Terrell Owens, DAL
TE Randy McMichael, STL
PK Jason Elam, DEN
TD Chicago Bears

Go Rams and Go 'Boys!! One thing I do in a draft is try to stay away from mediocre or poor offenses as you want your guys playing for the entire season and not giving up when they're 2-10. I worry about teams like the Vikings for example, so unless it's just plain silly where a guy like Adrian Peterson sits in a draft, I'll pass. That's no knock on whomever drafter Peterson by the way. I'd like to get all Colts but well, that's hard to do. I did round up the Rams, Broncos, Cowboys and a big piece of the Colts offense as my primary teams to draft from and I think that worked out pretty well. I think all will be competing through the end of the season for me.

QB
Bulger, Marc STL QB <-- Solid.
Cutler, Jay DEN QB <-- Has the potential to be my starting QB.

RB
Barber, Marion DAL RB <-- I just really like this guy and how he is used.
Bell, Mike DEN RB <-- Was that the sound of Travis Henry's knee shredding?
Henry, Chris TEN RB <-- Potential and I think the back to have from the 3. Late pick.
Jackson, Steven STL RB <-- You know.
Jones, Julius DAL RB <-- I actually liked this pick as I needed some insurance and he really doesn't suck as a 3rd RB. If one or the other goes down or Barber isn't used like I think he will be, I still made out.

WR
Harrison, Marvin IND WR <-- Uhh... yeah.
Kennison, Eddie KCC WR <-- Whatever, bye week filler.
Owens, Terrell DAL WR <-- Crazy but effective and locks up a solid starting pair.
Porter, Jerry OAK WR <-- I've always liked this guy. A perennial guy on my team.
Stallworth, Donte' NEP WR <-- Good offense, seemed worth the risk till we find out who Brady locks in on. Will have some monster games, if I get lucky and have him in the lineup well..

TE
McMichael, Randy STL TE <-- Undervalued I feel. Insurance for all of Steven Jackson's passes, this way I still get the ones that would have gone to him still!
Scheffler, Tony DEN TE <-- Just a hunch. Cutler seemed to have a lot of chemistry with him and I think the Broncos are going to be short 1 or more WR's this year and the TE's are going to see a ton of balls. And yes, just to be clear, I did just type that the Tight Ends are going to see a lot of balls. :lol:

K
Elam, Jason DEN PK <-- Always steady and always good.

D
Bears, Chicago <-- In my opinion, the #1 D on the board.