Playoffs

Administrator
Sand$: 10,519.44
Congrats Phyyre56, I figured it was going to be close after I spotted you an 8 point lead but I had Kurt Warner going and you the Cardinals D. Given the choice, I would have taken Kurt Warner and the 8 points .. as it turns out, Warner couldn't even muster up the 8 points to close the gap! Sigh.. oh well, it was a pleasure playing in this league with you guys, I enjoyed the competition. Good luck all the rest of the way.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
Thanks Tony, I wasn't really expecting to win either. I was glad to see at least all the playoff teams put up 100+. No one had a truly awful week.

Pat -- Why is the winner of the 3/6 game matched up against the #1 seed? Shouldn't it be the other way around, so that assuming the favorites win, it's 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3? Now we have 1 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 4.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
We just follow the mfl settings after we seed them 1-6. There is no assumption that the higher seed will win. The bracket with the lowest seed participating in it is lined up to play the first seed. We used to re-seed round 2, but with a division winner getting the #3 regardless of record compared to the wildcards, the seedings just don't seem to matter, and are not worth the labor-intensive work or re-seeding, so we just do what is easier. GWS is a good example, Maki and Onut both outscored you this year. Who then is the true better team? They all seem pretty good to me. So the seedings 3-6 more often than not are random, and work out.

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
HammerHead Shark
That's cool, thanks for the explanation. I'm not suggesting that I "deserve" a favorable match-up. I just don't understand why MFL does it this way. Using a traditional tournament setup without reseeding, you'd have:

Winner of 3/6 vs. 2
Winner of 4/5 vs. 1

That's all I was commenting on. Thanks again for the reply (and, ya know, all the work you do!)

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 74.00
Lets get it on Phyrre56.....

Good Luck to ya :wink:

Another fun season!!!!!

Is The Juice Worth The Squeeze
HammerHead Shark
Congrats Nicos! Looks like you'll take it, unless Adrian Peterson...forgets to play tonight.

Administrator
Sand$: 10,519.44
Congrats nicos28!! To phyrre56 too, your abilities to put yourself in a position to consistently win this thing is a testament to both of you.