Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,325.80
Ok I'll start it. I see that the Fighting Sioux started the thread last year - and he ended up in last place. I'm hoping its not a Madden curse thing?

Link to the league:
http://www15.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/22108

Draft order:
1. RatSlinger
2. Anarchist Duece
3. FantasySharks Draft Coach
4. Tony Holm
5. Krazy Kraut
6. this just in
7. OilersNut
8. Bambimaster
9. Phyrre56
10. Budman
11. Impalers
12. Pat_Smith

Pat Smith won it last year (again. . .) and is rewarded with the last pick this year by chance. I'm not thrilled about the 5 spot but I am excited to be this league - even though I'm stuck drafting next to "the Tony Holm".

Looking forward to the season. Good luck to all! 8)

If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Whale Sharks #1- LoT Greeks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
Yeah, when I hit that randomizer that was a kick in the teeth. Oh well, time to start mocking from the 12 spot!

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,529.92
Hey guys, glad to be back drafting with you for what feels like the 100th time! 8)

One potential problem-o. I've been tapped for jury duty on Wednesday August 15 -- inconveniently right in the thick of our draft. I'm allowed to bring a laptop and will presumably have internet access, but who knows. I'm guessing the courts frown on making fantasy football picks during a trial, if I get picked. I'm just warning you that I may disappear that day, and I'm asking that in the worst case scenario that my pick comes up the minute I lose connectivity, that you'll offer some leniency. After all, I'm doing public service! (And yea I'll try to pre-draft but that will probably be middle rounds, when pre-drafting becomes a tangled mess of what-ifs.)

Best of luck to all. May your first rounder not get injured in the agonizing month between Round 1 and Week 1.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League Participant
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,476.42
Phyrre56 wrote:Hey guys, glad to be back drafting with you for what feels like the 100th time! 8)

One potential problem-o. I've been tapped for jury duty on Wednesday August 15 -- inconveniently right in the thick of our draft. I'm allowed to bring a laptop and will presumably have internet access, but who knows. I'm guessing the courts frown on making fantasy football picks during a trial, if I get picked. I'm just warning you that I may disappear that day, and I'm asking that in the worst case scenario that my pick comes up the minute I lose connectivity, that you'll offer some leniency. After all, I'm doing public service! (And yea I'll try to pre-draft but that will probably be middle rounds, when pre-drafting becomes a tangled mess of what-ifs.)

Best of luck to all. May your first rounder not get injured in the agonizing month between Round 1 and Week 1.

If same as was in San Diego, laptop is usable down in waiting area, but not usable in courtroom.

As long as not in active deliberations, should have nice break for lunch where presumably can find connection also.

May your case be more exciting than my last one on, wait for it, weed abatement :lol:
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 27,735.48
Hello all, happy to be able to compete with you this season. I, unfortunately, do not have a phone with internet access, nor do I have access from work. I work weekdays 7am-3pm EST, so if my pick is up it will be made between 3 and 4. My team is the Impalers. Just wanted to let you know so you're not checking in constantly. Sorry about that, and goodluck drafting.
HammerHead Shark
At the current pace of picks, we'll be done by about Week 4.

Megalodon
Phyrre56 wrote:At the current pace of picks, we'll be done by about Week 4.

Nah - once the pick times out, the picks for Anarchist will take no time unless Anarchist convinces Pat it won't happen again...
HammerHead Shark
The drafts have been open for almost 8 hours now, and what's weird is that in GWS and both Whales, there has only been 1 real pick made in each. (In the others there were a couple of predrafts queued up.)

In previous years we've done 2 rounds during the day, and I've left work wondering about what I'd do for Round 3 before the night was out!

I'm gonna need more :popcorn:

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,271.98
Hi all, just checking in, looking forward to this year.

Pat: 12th spot is not that bad, i won from there last year :)

2018 - Mako Shark 4 Champ
2011 - Whale Shark 2 - Champ
2010 - Hammerhead Shark 4 - Points Champ
2009 - Mako Shark 7 - Champ
2008 - Tiger Shark 5 - Points Champ
Megalodon
Not looking good for anarchist.

Praticing anarchy in FF [-X

:wink:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,650.59
Tony, Pat,
In the future I suggest the clock be changed to 6 hrs for the Great white league. The rest of us are really interested in what players this group picks (might even sway our own decisions). Getting those player analysis quick is also a must for this league. As I recall the Great white used to start before the other leagues? As the Premier version of the Shark leagues I would think that all of you could handle 6hr timers?

Good luck those of you actually picking.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,271.98
I wouldn't mind a six hour clock, as long as it stopped overnight...

2018 - Mako Shark 4 Champ
2011 - Whale Shark 2 - Champ
2010 - Hammerhead Shark 4 - Points Champ
2009 - Mako Shark 7 - Champ
2008 - Tiger Shark 5 - Points Champ
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
Won't happen. People work, and live all over. We have had Aussies in this league. We started early when we were smaller too. Drafting all at once is easier to monitor for me as well.

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
Megalodon
Sand$: 32,553.14
Pat_Smith wrote:Won't happen. People work, and live all over. We have had Aussies in this league. We started early when we were smaller too. Drafting all at once is easier to monitor for me as well.

It's all about you?!?!? :shock:

Just kidding. Don't hurt me. :eusa_pray:

Please donate as I prepare to ride in Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads 2019
https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/si ... D=11767274
HammerHead Shark
If there are extenuating circumstances for Anarchist about why he missed his first pick, then I'll retract this suggestion. But if he hasn't logged in or contacted anyone by the time his next pick comes up, I suggest we replace him. This is GWS -- none of us wants an auto-draft team in the mix.

Whale already started so we can't really promote at this point. How about a forum wide vote for some of the MVPs of the community? I think it might be fun to stick another "fan favorite" into GWS!