Leopard Shark
Sand$: 78.98
Phyrre56 wrote:I meant no offense re: the rules, circumstances, gender, etc. I really do hope the owner returns, and not from a crisis. Thanks Pat for clarifying the rules in this situation for me. Only reason I did not give benefit of the doubt is that the same player timed out on 5 picks last year in Whale. Rules are rules though.

Here is a draft comment from last year... Duece had good intentions.

Anarchist Duece

Forsett, Justin SEA RB

Pick made based on Pre-Draft List Hand cuff...I never usually do this...Pre draft sucks. Never missing draft start again!!
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,154.00
My apologies for the delay guys. I did the same as I did in the Whale league last year, I completely spaced on the draft time start (thinking 8pm not 8am start). I will now suffer with being on auto draft again.
And not that it should matter one way or another, but I am of the male persuasion, at least I was the last time I checked.
Good luck to everyone, I'm off to work on pre-drafting.

A Saints fan, since the days of Tulane Stadium and little old blue haired ladies screaming, "RUN Archie, RUN!"
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,271.98
That was weird, I was drafting Brady, and it gave me Fitz???

2018 - Mako Shark 4 Champ
2011 - Whale Shark 2 - Champ
2010 - Hammerhead Shark 4 - Points Champ
2009 - Mako Shark 7 - Champ
2008 - Tiger Shark 5 - Points Champ
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
Crap, saw this too late to help, as whole round has gone by. I can fix stuff like this if I find out soon enough.

Of course, Fitz at 2.07 is rock solid too. :)

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
Mako Shark
Didn't think there wold be much you can do since the next guy had already picked, otherwise i would have PM'd you. No biggy, not the first time my draft doesn't go as planned :D

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,529.92
That explains your comment which didn't make sense at first.

What exactly happened? Were you going back and forth between them and misclicked?

I don't know if Tony & team still have sway at MFL but one suggestion would be a system where you highlight guy --> click arrow to move him into the DRAFT box --> then submit. It's a double check system that doesn't make things any more complicated really.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League Participant
Mako Shark
The only explanation I have is that earlier I was playing around with pre-drafting and maybe I left him in there... but if that was the case, i would not be able to manually enter my pick, it would have gone right away. I must not have double clicked properly or something.

For future, I wish there was a "are you sure you want to draft..." pop up or something. One extra click could save a lot of headache.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,325.80
I feel for you Just In. I got B. Jacobs instead of Bradshaw - NYG RBs - by mistake one year too. I think I scrolled my mouse right before hitting "pick". Do'oh! #-o

I am happy to get Brady though. I was hoping for a top QB in the 2nd round. I was surprised 3 of top 5 still left there. I would have gotten Newton and Tony probably Stafford. The Draft Coach got the nice deal from your oops. Although, Fitz is a solid pick @ 2.07, being only the 2nd WR taken. I like your J. Jones pick too. I was debating between him or Cruz.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Whale Sharks #1- LoT Greeks
Mako Shark
Re my J. Jones pick. I have a great feeling about him this year, I have been a Roddy White owner in my dynasty league for years and love the potential of this offense. I think the torch will be passed to Jones this year.

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 27,735.48
This Just In wrote:Re my J. Jones pick. I have a great feeling about him this year, I have been a Roddy White owner in my dynasty league for years and love the potential of this offense. I think the torch will be passed to Jones this year.

Considered Julio at pick 2.02
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 27,735.48
So I got to come home for lunch. I've predrafted only 2 players for my 4th round pick. If Pat takes them both (which is a little unlikely), then I will have to re-evaluate.
HammerHead Shark
Through 5 rounds:

QB: 7
RB: 24
WR: 24
TE: 5

I'm surprised how many WRs were taken, including 3 teams that went with 3 WRs in their first 5 picks. I don't believe I've ever seen such emphasis on the position before.

Megalodon
Sand$: 16,476.42
Phyrre56 wrote:Through 5 rounds:

QB: 7
RB: 24
WR: 24

I'm surprised how many WRs were taken, including 3 teams that went with 3 WRs in their first 5 picks. I don't believe I've ever seen such emphasis on the position before.

I believe it is a function of the RBs are all mostly same and/or guessing the mind of head coach below a certain point.

Either that or I am clueless :lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,325.80
For Rounds 6-9 (waiting for pick 9.12):
QB: 8
RB: 22
WR: 11

Big jump in RBs taken in these rounds. 2:1 vs WRs.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.
Whale Sharks #1- LoT Greeks
HammerHead Shark
Everyone at this level knows the basic Shark League strategy. Since there's no trading, you want to fill your starting roles (excl. K & Def) early. That was reflected in the early rounds. Teams finished their main 6 roster (QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE) in the following rounds:

6th: 4
7th: 3
8th: 3
9th+: 2

It would make sense that from round 7 or 8 on, more RBs would be taken. It's the position with the most injuries, and where an injury can open a door and turn a bench guy into a meaningful starter. RB lottery tickets just make more sense.

This is exactly what I would expect from a showcase league. No one's going to try a completely off the wall strategy.