Chum
Sand$: 147.00
Interesting pick, Bukowski, taking Dwyer! I just read that at this point, no telling how long Bell will be out and Dwyer should get the main load until he's back....
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
I think the reason Coach is often in the hunt is because "he" drafts without any consideration to risk. Coach sees players as data points, not people with histories and personalities and biases attached to them. He also doesn't have a memory of seasons where his top RBs got hurt and he went 1-12...so he doesn't prioritize RB depth...or seasons that were really fun because he snagged the breakout rookie of the year in the 8th round...so he doesn't overvalue "high upside" picks.

The weakness of this strategy is that when Coach does encounter a high number of injuries, he's completely dead in the water.

He has the advantage of not being at risk of demotion from GWS, so unlike most of us, he's fine with taking the high risk high reward approach. The rest of us have secondary priorities:

Priority 1: Win the league
Priority 2: Don't get demoted

Coach doesn't have to worry about Priority 2, and he can take load up his roster with talent at underdrafted positions and a team that only works if his top 2 RBs stay healthy.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,854.42
Bambimaster wrote:Interesting pick, Bukowski, taking Dwyer! I just read that at this point, no telling how long Bell will be out and Dwyer should get the main load until he's back....

Urg. With Bell out, this could be a long season for me. I'm forced to bet on Chris Ivory staying healthy and productive in the Jets offense. Vegas odds on that particular exacta are not good.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,092.86
I got Manninged...
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
und2006 wrote:I got Manninged...

You almost came back. If not for Victor Cruz I would have lost. Bad sign for my team...

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,092.86
My Calvin/AJ decision is starting to pay off.

Hope I can salvage a RB corp the rest of the way to compensate.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,854.42
Drat. Nice win, Bukowski. I thought I had you there, but no soap. Good luck in the semi!
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,792.12
Lab wrote:Drat. Nice win, Bukowski. I thought I had you there, but no soap. Good luck in the semi!

Thanks, Lab. I thought I was done, also. Congrats on a great season.