Megalodon
Sand$: 30,809.70
I will be leaving, shortly, for a 72 mile bike ride. Too far away from my next pick to pre-draft. I would expect to be back online no later than 2 pm EDT.

Please donate as I prepare to ride in Bike MS: Colonial Crossroads 2020
https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/si ... XY_TYPE=20
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,806.36
Well that was an interesting and challenging draft! Best of luck to all in the upcoming season.

Whale Sharks 1 League 2019 - Fear The Spear
League of Titans 2019 Norse League - Nole Man
NFL Challenge 2019 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,231.64
link?

Deep Crimson
Megalodon

SandShark
Sand$: 145.00
This was by far my best draft ever as a learning experience. Different strategies at play with so many highly skilled people. Sometimes a player that I wanted would get taken before I expected. Also, my laptop with my research data and plans had crashed while I was on vacation. So, my first two days of the draft where spent researching and drafting on my IPad while my wife drove us home. I liked having to adjust my strategy during the draft. Little value to be found in the 9th seat. I was excited to get Reed in the 4th round, but later I realized I needed a second TE because of his injury risk. My preference was to take just one TE in this draft. I kind of regret that I did pick just one quarterback late in the draft and then play quarterback by waiver wire for the season. Maybe next time. Happy with my team, but I will need to keep on top of player news and act quickly to make some adjustments. So many good teams this year. Hope I don't lose my top WR like last year. Good luck you all.

2018 Champion Great White Shark
2017 Most Points Great White Shark
2016 2nd Place Great White Shark
2015 Most Points Whale Shark 1
2014 Champion Hammerhead Shark 1
2013 Champion Mako Shark 2
2012 Most Points Blue Shark 4
2010 Champion Tiger Shark 12
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,531.46
The strategies in this draft surprised me a little. I felt like WRs were taken too aggressively. 21 WRs taken before RB #13. That's unprecedented especially in this format which gives points for carries to balance out the PPR.

Personally I like to zig when everyone zags so I went heavy RB. We'll see if it pans out.

2003 & 2006 Shark League Site Champion
14-time Great White Shark League
2-time Whale Shark League
SandShark
Sand$: 145.00
I like your team. Should be an interesting match in week 2. Good luck.

2018 Champion Great White Shark
2017 Most Points Great White Shark
2016 2nd Place Great White Shark
2015 Most Points Whale Shark 1
2014 Champion Hammerhead Shark 1
2013 Champion Mako Shark 2
2012 Most Points Blue Shark 4
2010 Champion Tiger Shark 12
Megalodon
Phyrre56 wrote:The strategies in this draft surprised me a little. I felt like WRs were taken too aggressively. 21 WRs taken before RB #13. That's unprecedented especially in this format which gives points for carries to balance out the PPR.

Personally I like to zig when everyone zags so I went heavy RB. We'll see if it pans out.

I was zigging right with you.

Great White Shark
dmcduke wrote:
Phyrre56 wrote:The strategies in this draft surprised me a little. I felt like WRs were taken too aggressively. 21 WRs taken before RB #13. That's unprecedented especially in this format which gives points for carries to balance out the PPR.

I was zigging right with you.

I wanted to Zig, but didn't feel like the appropriate players were there. Starting in 8th is a tough slot and I just wasn't sold on Miller. Coulda gone Green, but think Hopkins has more upside. Next, could not refuse Allen, but thought about Ingram there, and then again there was Landry, a PPR monster, sitting there in the 3rd. So 3 WRs to start with. Voila! Shepard and Funchess could really exceed their ADPs this year, but we'll see.

Have some "upside RBs" and QBs are weak, but if Stafford plays out like he's supposed to, with his schedule, should be fine there for now. Thomas should be a top 5 TE hopefully.

So, seems to be very strong at the TE/WR/Flex positions and middling at RB, weak at QB. FBG says this team has an 80% chance of making the playoffs, which is all I want this year to start with.

Great White Shark
Congratulations to Flying Hogs on the first victory of the year! =D>

Great White Shark
Sand$: 15,838.92
So I went with a high-risk-high-reward approach at the top of the draft:

Gronk (TE-first is scary, but his expected points over other TEs is huge)
Bell (suspended 4 games, but expected to shine on his return)
Edelman (injured at the time, and no Brady, but a PPR monster when healthy)
Aaron Rodgers (coming off a down year, but getting Jordy back)
Jordan Matthews (injured at the time, and shaky situation, but a clear-cut #1 WR)

I ended up really unhappy with my draft, swearing never to do that again, and expecting to be demoted. Bell didn't get his suspension reversed (which was my secret hope). Also, the Eagles shipped Sam Bradford to Minnesota, which did not bode well for Matthews. Things got worse when Gronk went out week 1 (and I had no backup TE because "Hey, I got Gronk, so I'm "too smart" to draft a second TE to ride the bench! #-o "). I assumed I'd lose the first 3 games, and then hope for a comeback season.

But surprisingly, things have gone OK. I've lucked into two victories I really did not deserve. My points-for and points-against numbers are frighteningly bad, and I'm due for a fall in week 3. But if I can reach week 4 with a 2-1 record, and Gronk-Bell come back into form, I might hold on by the skin of my teeth. Still not expecting great things though, and still regretting my high-risk draft approach though.

I need to come back to read this post again before next year's draft, so I can remember to avoid the risk rather than embrace it.

Good luck to all this season!
Great White Shark
Congratulations Lab! Even without Gronk you pulled it out Monday night.

Good lord the injury bug is going around. Hitting a lot of teams. On top of losing Allen, lost 2 RBs this weekend, so that's 4/5 injured. Guess I'm going Zero RB whether I want to or not. :roll:

Great White Shark
NoleMan wrote:Congratulations Lab! Even without Gronk you pulled it out Monday night.

Good lord the injury bug is going around. Hitting a lot of teams. On top of losing Allen, lost 2 RBs this weekend, so that's 4/5 injured. Guess I'm going Zero RB whether I want to or not. :roll:

Thx Nole. I consider it a lucky gift I didn't really deserve.
Sending good karma your way so maybe you'll catch it back some other week.
Great White Shark
*sigh* This league will be the first ... and last ... time I ever own Gronk in FF. Driving me bonkers, he is.
Great White Shark
Lab wrote:*sigh* This league will be the first ... and last ... time I ever own Gronk in FF. Driving me bonkers, he is.

Naturally, Gronk lets me down again. I'd swear I'll never start him again, but Brady's coming back, so of course I'll cave. Can't quit you, Gronk. Never drafting you again.