Sand$: 111,244.30
hendu99 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I would assume there is more to this story, doesn’t bill basically bench players. for this type of thing?

I'm concerned with the floor here. Only need 13 pts from him and white so might look at Benjamin instead. Thoughts?

If you find yourself asking this question then you cannot own Josh Gordon.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,759.34
OarChambo wrote:
hendu99 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I would assume there is more to this story, doesn’t bill basically bench players. for this type of thing?

I'm concerned with the floor here. Only need 13 pts from him and white so might look at Benjamin instead. Thoughts?

If you find yourself asking this question then you cannot own Josh Gordon.

For real, the floor with Gordon is always 0 -- suspended indefinitely :F
Megalodon
Sand$: 59,124.80
So that article I posted said that he would not play for "approximately" the 1st quarter.

But he was out there on the Pats 1st offensive series. Maybe this BS that was floated by someone in Foxboro and somebody picked it up and ran with it. Tough to say.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,891.58
It seems the biggest problem was his inability to dominate in one on one coverage verse White last night.

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
Megalodon
Sand$: 49,935.48
bigredmachineffl wrote:So that article I posted said that he would not play for "approximately" the 1st quarter.

But he was out there on the Pats 1st offensive series. Maybe this BS that was floated by someone in Foxboro and somebody picked it up and ran with it. Tough to say.

I think BB also shot it down afterwards when questioned by reporters... not like he'd ever do anything else though.
Whale Shark
Jcb890 wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:So that article I posted said that he would not play for "approximately" the 1st quarter.

I think BB also shot it down afterwards when questioned by reporters... not like he'd ever do anything else though.

Seems like dis-information (who knows where the leak came from) but gave Bills something to think about. But again, it seems like White mostly shuts down whomever lines up in front of him, so really didn't give an advantage to the Pats. I'd be more worried as to why Josh Gordon couldn't make any big plays in one on one coverage?

Whale Shark
Does Gordon line-up against rookie Jaire Alexander this week? And if so does he have another unproductive day in one-on-one coverage? The rookie was a force verse the Rams.

Whale Shark
peacefulwarrior wrote:Does Gordon line-up against rookie Jaire Alexander this week? And if so does he have another unproductive day in one-on-one coverage? The rookie was a force verse the Rams.

If Gordon can't produce in a prospective shootout verse Pack, he may be fools gold this year..

Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,510.32
I felt that Gordons body language was kind of weird in the Buffalo game. He seemed sort of 'out of it', but I haven't really watched him that much so maybe he's always kind of like that.

I'm not saying I think that means anything, but the Patriots just felt like they were kind of sleep walking in that game anyway. The defense played with some intensity I guess, but the offense just looked flat throughout.
Whale Shark
ubertaco wrote:I felt that Gordons body language was kind of weird in the Buffalo game. He seemed sort of 'out of it', but I haven't really watched him that much so maybe he's always kind of like that.

I'm not saying I think that means anything, but the Patriots just felt like they were kind of sleep walking in that game anyway. The defense played with some intensity I guess, but the offense just looked flat throughout.

Can anyone provide analysis to figure Gordon out... Is his lack of domination in one-on-one more associated with an adjustment period with Brady or is he becoming ordinary? There doesn't seem to be the explosion except on an occasional slant and he is not winning single coverage (very often).

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 495.14
Can anyone predict how a Patriot player is going to play this year besides maybe Edelman and White? You want to figure Gordon out? Is he becoming ordinary? Ask yourself why are you putting this player on a pedestal and when was the last time he was productive. He will have his games but good luck counting on this guy any given Sunday.
Whale Shark
rwbrockett wrote:Can anyone predict how a Patriot player is going to play this year besides maybe Edelman and White? You want to figure Gordon out? Is he becoming ordinary? Ask yourself why are you putting this player on a pedestal and when was the last time he was productive. He will have his games but good luck counting on this guy any given Sunday.

More surprised than I am revering him as a receiving god. The dilemma is the cause... and I have not been able ascertain if its a learning process with Brady, loss of some skills or both? He has been usable but not dominating (to this point), maybe that's what he is now, a match-up based starter.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,759.34
peacefulwarrior wrote:
rwbrockett wrote:Can anyone predict how a Patriot player is going to play this year besides maybe Edelman and White? You want to figure Gordon out? Is he becoming ordinary? Ask yourself why are you putting this player on a pedestal and when was the last time he was productive. He will have his games but good luck counting on this guy any given Sunday.

More surprised than I am revering him as a receiving god. The dilemma is the cause... and I have not been able ascertain if its a learning process with Brady, loss of some skills or both? He has been usable but not dominating (to this point), maybe that's what he is now, a match-up based starter.

Adoree Jackson locked Josh Gordon down all night, and for the most part in single man coverage.

I'm not sure how much Gordon's hand is bothering him, but it's possible he's just not "Flash Gordon" right now, or anymore.
Whale Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:
peacefulwarrior wrote:

Adoree Jackson locked Josh Gordon down all night, and for the most part in single man coverage.

I'm not sure how much Gordon's hand is bothering him, but it's possible he's just not "Flash Gordon" right now, or anymore.

Yep good point! I will be anxiously awaiting to see how they execute after the bye week :-k

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,354.02
love me some flash. He's my everlasting lotto ticket. Can't trade him, can't trade for him.