Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 32,235.28
Griffimo wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Griffimo wrote:Do players get tested while they are suspended?

Yep.

Curious if that gets leaked (haha!) with a failed test or if it gets brought up at the reinstatement hearing:

Gordon: Yes, Mr NFL, I'd like to play football this year.

Mr NFL: Well, Josh, that is going to be a problem. You failed 3 drug tests while you were suspended and also tried to sell my son a bag of, ahem, in your words "100% pure Colombian flake".

Yeah, they'll for sure know if he's failed more tests.
Sand$: 43,802.95
Josh Gordon isn't going to fail any tests

Billy Gordon on the other hand might
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Josh Gordon isn't going to fail any tests

:lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,476.12
What are you going to get for him given the risk...a Rd 2 doubtful... probably a 3?

Analytics my arse....if he can play ball, you keep him.

http://factoryofsadness.co/2016/01/07/analytics-approach-suggests-josh-gordon-wont-be-a-cleveland-brown-in-2016/
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,522.02
endzoneview wrote:Josh Gordon isn't going to fail any tests

:lol:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,118.92
He played like crap the few games he got to play last year. And he will likely get suspended again. I wouldn't take him as anything more than a wr4, probably wr5
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,108.66
in other words, you won't be taking him.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
getdownmmmkay wrote:in other words, you won't be taking him.

Yeah, I won't be willing to spend high enough.

I'll take him high in one draft only though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,046.74
Griffimo wrote:If he is in reinstated for this season, what round are you taking him?

Or are you avoiding him unless he falls?

Or avoiding him altogether?

Kenny Britt 2.0
Megalodon
Sand$: 61,821.40
OarChambo wrote:He's still got 6+ months to get pinched. Reinstatement is one hurdle, but he also needs to avoid going dumbass between then and camp too.

Agreed. And I don't think he makes it the 6 months. But even if he does, I'm not sure i'd consider drafting him until I had at least my 1st 2 WR's already secured.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,684.56
Gordon is still pretty young and he has done it before. I think he will have a good year. The thing about Gordon is a lot of the guys taken around this point in the draft have never posted 1,600 yards in one year and never will.

I would venture to say that healthy Gordon is probably better than Dez Bryant this year. I think Dez has lost a step and I'm not sure he can return to form.

Part of the reason I don't like Bryant any more is because of the Dallas defense, they don't give up many passing yards leading to a lot of points. Its not the same Dallas defense it was a few years ago where every other game was like a 50 points shoot out. Then you have to worry about Romo staying healthy who seems like he is injury prone. I'm skeptical as long as Claimore stays on the team and Dallas continues to hold a great running Oline.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,486.78
Fantasy 247 wrote:Gordon is still pretty young and he has done it before. I think he will have a good year. The thing about Gordon is a lot of the guys taken around this point in the draft have never posted 1,600 yards in one year and never will.

I would venture to say that healthy Gordon is probably better than Dez Bryant this year. I think Dez has lost a step and I'm not sure he can return to form.

Part of the reason I don't like Bryant any more is because of the Dallas defense, they don't give up many passing yards leading to a lot of points. Its not the same Dallas defense it was a few years ago where every other game was like a 50 points shoot out. Then you have to worry about Romo staying healthy who seems like he is injury prone. I'm skeptical as long as Claimore stays on the team and Dallas continues to hold a great running Oline.

Dez Bryant certainly has not lost a step. He got injured. It happens. He's 27 years old. Players that "lose a step" are typically older players that have a year or two left in their careers.

Deep Crimson
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,118.92
Nicks and Austin lost a step pretty young in their career
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,476.12
Nicks and Austin lost a step pretty young in their career

If memory serves, both of them were always nicked up even early in their career with hamstrings.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
Josh Gordon applies for reinstatement to NFL
LINK-->NFL.com
By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Jan. 20, 2016 at 09:08 a.m.

Josh Gordon has taken a step towards a potential return to the football field.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Cleveland Browns' receiver officially applied for reinstatement, per a source informed of his situation.

ESPN's Tony Grossi first reported the news.

The application is merely a formality. Gordon was suspended on Feb. 3, 2015 for violating the league's policy on substances of abuse. The terms of the suspension allow the wideout to apply for reinstatement as early as 60 days prior to the one-year anniversary of the date of his ban.

The NFL has 60 days to act on the application.

Gordon was given an indefinite suspension after his third volition. He failed a test for alcohol following the 2014 season, after serving a 10-game ban for a DWI arrest.

If reinstated, the 24-year-old receiver would be under contract with the Browns for the 2016 season.

"To be reinstated, a player must demonstrate sustained abstinence," an NFL spokesman told Rapoport in a statement. "In support of their applications, players generally put forward verifiable testing records and/or submit to periodic NFL testing during the banishment period."

Below is Appendix B of the substance abuse policy:

Procedures for Reinstatement Following Stage Three Banishment

Any Player who has been banished under Stage Three may apply formally in writing for reinstatement no sooner than 60 days before the one-year anniversary date of the letter so banishing him.

The application should include all pertinent information about the Player's:
(a) Treatment;
(b) Abstinence from Substances of Abuse throughout the entire period of his banishment;
(c) Involvement with any Substances of Abuse related incidents; and
(d) Arrests and/or convictions for any criminal activity, including Substances of Abuse-related offenses.

Set forth below are the procedures to be used when an application is received by the Commissioner.

1. Within 45 days of receipt of the application, the Player will be interviewed by the Medical Director and the Medical Advisor, after which a recommendation will be made to the Commissioner with regard to the Player's request for reinstatement.

2. The Player will execute appropriate medical release forms that will enable the Commissioner's staff and NFLPA Executive Director's staff to review the Player's substance abuse history, including but not limited to attendance at counseling sessions (individual, group and family); attendance at 12-step and other self-help group meetings; periodic progress reports; and all diagnostic findings and treatment recommendations.

3. The Player will submit to urine testing by an NFL representative at a frequency determined by the Medical Advisor.

4. The Player will agree in a meeting with the Commissioner or his representative(s) to comply with the conditions imposed by the Commissioner for his reinstatement to the status of an active Player.

5. All individuals involved in the process will take steps to enable the Commissioner to render a decision within 60 days of the receipt of the application.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield