Megalodon
Sand$: 52,857.52

Agree, MD did not have to do this.
Megalodon
Griffimo wrote:Just sin, baby?

=D>

Nice one Griff.

This is not your fathers Raiders or the Raiders from before 2010. After McKenzie became GM, they have focused a lot on character, and the teams leaders are more religious, motivated to improve, let it all on the field kind. Look no further than Carr.

That said, it's definitely going to be harder to keep squeaky clean in Vegas than elsewhere, though theoretically it should not make a difference if you have your values well grounded.
Last edited by R2000 on Mon 03.27.2017, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Derek Carr is the next stud QB in terms of play and especially character the league needs:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-with-us/

Appealing to fans in two different cities is a delicate balance following a franchise relocation, particularly when that franchise will remain its current city for at least two seasons before migrating to its new one.

Derek Carr released a statement minutes after the Raiders’ relocation vote.

So far, so good.

The Raiders quarterback struck the right chord in his message, which he released on social media. This came after NFL owners voted 31-1 to approve the club’s relocation from Oakland to Las Vegas. It is the NFL’s third franchise relocation in 15 months and second in 75 days.

Carr wrote the Raiders will be “bringing a piece of Oakland with us” to Sin City.

Here is his statement in its entirety:

“As I sit here and see a vote that takes the Raiders to Las Vegas, I am overwhelmed with emotion,” Carr wrote. “I don’t know how we should feel. I feel the pain of our fans in Oakland. I also see the joy on the faces of our new fans in Las Vegas. As players, we will show up and give everything we have. We will compete and we will do our best to bring a championship to the entire Raider Nation.

“While I am from California and would have loved playing in Oakland my whole career, I understand the business side of the NFL. It affects us all. Oakland, our team loves you, and my family and I love you. WE will be resilient and WE will stay together because that’s what true Raiders do. WE are loyal, even when it’s hard. WE stick together, especially when it’s tough.

“So Las Vegas, you can count on us bringing a piece of Oakland with us and you are getting a tough, loyal, and competitive fan base and team. When the time comes, I hope you are ready. For now, it’s about 2017 and our diehards in Oakland. God bless & Go Raiders!”
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,191.90
R2000 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:Just sin, baby?

=D>

Nice one Griff.

This is not your fathers Raiders or the Raiders from before 2010. After McKenzie became GM, they have focused a lot on character, and the teams leaders are more religious, motivated to improve, let it all on the field kind. Look no further than David Carr.

That said, it's definitely going to be harder to keep squeaky clean in Vegas than elsewhere, though theoretically it should not make a difference if you have your values well grounded.

I hope Pete Prisco doesnt know where you live, Griff ;)

On a side note:

Yeah, Ross. 31-1, why?

I know he wont be popular in Oakland, perhaps forever more, who knows, but i give props to Davis for owning this, going front and center saying "dont blame the coaches, the owners, the players, Blame me".

Doubt anyone was going to do any different, but its refreshing to see in this Trump-ian era.

Also glad to see one of the first things he said was that anyone whod paid for a season ticket in advance will be refunded.

Thats 7 ppl who will sleep easier tonight. Kudos =D>
Last edited by jamcutpost on Mon 03.27.2017, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,191.90
Griffimo wrote:Prisco stole that from me. We were drinking in a bar in Bodega Bay a few weekends ago.

How is Manziel btw? :)

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Sand$: 42,440.87
If this team sucked, they would be losing every fan in Oakland.

But this team is on the verge of doing something big so I would expect they would retain a large amount of their Northern California fan base + expand their LA fan base because they are more likely to go to a game now + gain a huge following in Vegas.

This is a perfect time to make this move.

With that being said, it would be awesome if the Raiders could win a Super Bowl in the next two years as the "Oakland Raiders" although if they follow the cruel irony already set forth by the precedence of the Rams and Ravens, they won't win a Super Bowl until they are in their next location.

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
jnadke wrote:
R2000 wrote:

Of all the guys to be opposed, Stephen Ross?

And holy shoot, Mike Brown didn't vote something down that didn't net him money?

What's the relocation fee?

Davis will also have to pay a relocation fee, but if it's like the Chargers and Rams, he can spread his payment out over time. The expansion fee to Vegas is expected to be less than $400 million compared to $650 million for the Chargers and the Rams. All in, from the three moves, each NFL owner (aside from Rams, Chargers and Raiders, who won't get a piece of their own payment) will have made more than $53 million when the payments are complete.

What has to be resolved?

They don't have any land purchased in Las Vegas and haven't publicly announced a venue plan for the next two seasons as the stadium gets built. It is likely they will continue to play at Oakland Coliseum. The Raiders have two years left on their lease in Oakland.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 127,895.08
R2000 wrote:

Agree, MD did not have to do this.

Class move, no doubt.

Going to be strange not playing in Oakland, but there wasn't a viable option there..... and they had plenty of time to figure something out.Never happened.
Last edited by SnakeStabler on Mon 03.27.2017, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:Yeah, Ross. 31-1, why?

One new theory from Colin Cowherd: Las Vegas would throw another new stadium into the regular SB rotation, and thus adversely impact each participating team's chances/revenue from hosting a SB. Any potential OAK stadium was always going to be hosting 55K or less, and thus ineligible to participate in said rotation.
Supreme Megalodon
Like I posted yesterday before this proposal was approved today, I would really love to see us win a Championship for Oakland before we make the move. The team is certainly in place.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,894.00
Griffimo wrote:The reasoning I've been reading on Twitter is that Ross is a proponent of teams staying in their home markets if at all possible.

But the Super Bowl thing makes a lot more sense.

But he's put his money on the line in that regard too.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:The reasoning I've been reading on Twitter is that Ross is a proponent of teams staying in their home markets if at all possible.

But the Super Bowl thing makes a lot more sense.

But he's put his money on the line in that regard too.

I do admire Ross's willingness and morals to use his own money instead of public's. Just passing along what I read of the Cowherd call.
Megalodon

Except that I would think Ross is aware of the Oakland imbroglio. Raiders definitely put in more of an effort to stay in OAK than the Rams. Wonder if he approved of the Rams/Chargers move as well.
Supreme Megalodon
Derek Carr posted on Twitter:

"As I sit here and see a vote that takes the Raiders to Las Vegas, I am overwhelmed with emotion," Carr wrote. "I don't know how we should feel. I feel the pain of our fans in Oakland. I also see the joy on the faces of our new fans in Las Vegas.

"As players, we will show up and give everything we have. We will compete and we will do our best to bring a championship to the entire Raider Nation. While I am from California and would have loved playing in Oakland my whole career, I understand the business side of the NFL. It affects us all."

Carr, who later was echoed by teammate Khalil Mack, closed his statement with a passionate plea for Raiders fans -- no matter where they call home -- to remain unified.

"Oakland, our team loves you, and my family and I love you! WE will be resilient and WE will stay together because that's what true Raiders do. WE are loyal, even when it's hard. WE stick together, especially when it's tough," Carr wrote. "So Las Vegas, you can count on us bringing a piece of Oakland with us and you are getting a tough, loyal, and competitive fan base and team. When the time comes, I hope you are ready. For now, it's about 2017 and our diehards in Oakland. God bless & Go Raiders!"