Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland

Megalodon
Sand$: 35,872.28
R2000 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:The reasoning I've been reading on Twitter is that Ross is a proponent of teams staying in their home markets if at all possible.

But the Super Bowl thing makes a lot more sense.

But he's put his money on the line in that regard too.

I do admire Ross's willingness and morals to use his own money instead of public's. Just passing along what I read of the Cowherd call.

I am pretty sure he did actually try to hit the public purse first and got refused, hence the self-funding.

Megalodon

Megalodon
Sand$: 11,614.57

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 24,712.82
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
I am pretty sure he did actually try to hit the public purse first and got refused, hence the self-funding.

He did, but that's just business.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 127,837.94
Robert Kraft talks about the Raiders move:

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/vide ... f12be84ce5

Class guy. :thumbright:

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:

He did, but that's just business.

Not knocking him, he is a good owner.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,378.18
I'm chiming in. Ive felt for a while that it would be better for the teams success, in Oakland, if Davis took on a loaded partner. The required capital has never been in the Davis family to build a new stadium in the East Bay, the city would never again pony up a sizable subsidy, and Mark could never entice an Oracle, Apple, etc. to play ball with him and the politicians. The solution to this conundrum is the 750 million worth of mana from heaven that Nevada popped.
I don't blame Mark, but I wish he would've swallowed some pride, takenone for the team, and brought in a legit partner by selling a portion of the Raiders a while ago.
I have no doubt that Davis will eventually partially default on his BofA loan and be forced to sell off part of the team anyway. Oh the irony.
It's a freaking tragedy. I may go to one game in Vegas....ever.
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,621.86
A rendering of a proposal for the LV stadium

YT link:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/juI-dr0GP6E[/youtube]
Megalodon
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Slighty different when you have a lease on the property for 2 more years, and you are the one that pays the lease.

The past GF is being witchy when she's the one who gets paid for the remaining two years and cannot find another occupant if she forces you to leave early, breaking legal terms in the process
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,881.18
Cadence calls wrote:I'm chiming in. Ive felt for a while that it would be better for the teams success, in Oakland, if Davis took on a loaded partner. The required capital has never been in the Davis family to build a new stadium in the East Bay, the city would never again pony up a sizable subsidy, and Mark could never entice an Oracle, Apple, etc. to play ball with him and the politicians. The solution to this conundrum is the 750 million worth of mana from heaven that Nevada popped.
I don't blame Mark, but I wish he would've swallowed some pride, takenone for the team, and brought in a legit partner by selling a portion of the Raiders a while ago.
I have no doubt that Davis will eventually partially default on his BofA loan and be forced to sell off part of the team anyway. Oh the irony.
It's a freaking tragedy. I may go to one game in Vegas....ever.
at least one raiders fan here wants them to stay in oak.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
I want the Raiders to stay in OAK too, but not at the cost of becoming irrelevant in the league, or playing in by far the worst professional sports stadium in America, or held hostage by incompetent politicians.

Libby Schaff came up with a last minute hail mary verbal I'll match it offer against confirmed contracts/projections offered by LV.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,013.02
the raiders, and the NFL, ought to make a bajillion dollars off this team being in vegas.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Any thoughts on the proposed stadium rendering?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,013.02
location relative to the airport and strip is phenomenal. not so sure how theoretical the rendering is. is that a "could be" rendering or a "will be" rendering?

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,925.94
R2000 wrote:Any thoughts on the proposed stadium rendering?

In the video above it is kind of boring looking, IMO. I figured there would be more flare of some kind with it being the Raiders and Las Vegas. The idea of the side of the stadium moving and allowing you to look in is kind of neat I guess... but who is going to be able to take advantage of that vantage point? Do they plan to erect scaffolding in the parking lot to look in through there?

The location looks awesome though!