Las Vegas Raiders of Oakland

Post Reply  
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12605
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 35,872.28
R2000 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:The reasoning I've been reading on Twitter is that Ross is a proponent of teams staying in their home markets if at all possible.

But the Super Bowl thing makes a lot more sense.

But he's put his money on the line in that regard too.


I do admire Ross's willingness and morals to use his own money instead of public's. Just passing along what I read of the Cowherd call.


I am pretty sure he did actually try to hit the public purse first and got refused, hence the self-funding.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12605
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 35,872.28
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20142
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 11,614.57
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58874
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 24,712.82
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
I am pretty sure he did actually try to hit the public purse first and got refused, hence the self-funding.

He did, but that's just business.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 39211
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006
Sand$: 127,837.94
Robert Kraft talks about the Raiders move:

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/vide ... f12be84ce5

Class guy. :thumbright:
_______________________________________

Image
2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12605
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 35,872.28
Elmagister wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
I am pretty sure he did actually try to hit the public purse first and got refused, hence the self-funding.

He did, but that's just business.


Not knocking him, he is a good owner.
_______________________________________

Great White Shark
Posts: 2612
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014
Sand$: 2,378.18
I'm chiming in. Ive felt for a while that it would be better for the teams success, in Oakland, if Davis took on a loaded partner. The required capital has never been in the Davis family to build a new stadium in the East Bay, the city would never again pony up a sizable subsidy, and Mark could never entice an Oracle, Apple, etc. to play ball with him and the politicians. The solution to this conundrum is the 750 million worth of mana from heaven that Nevada popped.
I don't blame Mark, but I wish he would've swallowed some pride, takenone for the team, and brought in a legit partner by selling a portion of the Raiders a while ago.
I have no doubt that Davis will eventually partially default on his BofA loan and be forced to sell off part of the team anyway. Oh the irony.
It's a freaking tragedy. I may go to one game in Vegas....ever.
Megalodon
Posts: 13638
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 52,621.86
A rendering of a proposal for the LV stadium


YT link:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/juI-dr0GP6E[/youtube]
Megalodon
Posts: 13638
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 52,621.86
Kaleb.09 wrote:


Slighty different when you have a lease on the property for 2 more years, and you are the one that pays the lease.

The past GF is being witchy when she's the one who gets paid for the remaining two years and cannot find another occupant if she forces you to leave early, breaking legal terms in the process
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20194
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 22,881.18
Cadence calls wrote:I'm chiming in. Ive felt for a while that it would be better for the teams success, in Oakland, if Davis took on a loaded partner. The required capital has never been in the Davis family to build a new stadium in the East Bay, the city would never again pony up a sizable subsidy, and Mark could never entice an Oracle, Apple, etc. to play ball with him and the politicians. The solution to this conundrum is the 750 million worth of mana from heaven that Nevada popped.
I don't blame Mark, but I wish he would've swallowed some pride, takenone for the team, and brought in a legit partner by selling a portion of the Raiders a while ago.
I have no doubt that Davis will eventually partially default on his BofA loan and be forced to sell off part of the team anyway. Oh the irony.
It's a freaking tragedy. I may go to one game in Vegas....ever.
at least one raiders fan here wants them to stay in oak.
_______________________________________

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Posts: 13638
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 52,621.86
I want the Raiders to stay in OAK too, but not at the cost of becoming irrelevant in the league, or playing in by far the worst professional sports stadium in America, or held hostage by incompetent politicians.

Libby Schaff came up with a last minute hail mary verbal I'll match it offer against confirmed contracts/projections offered by LV.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35456
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 46,013.02
the raiders, and the NFL, ought to make a bajillion dollars off this team being in vegas.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Posts: 13638
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 52,621.86
Any thoughts on the proposed stadium rendering?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35456
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 46,013.02
location relative to the airport and strip is phenomenal. not so sure how theoretical the rendering is. is that a "could be" rendering or a "will be" rendering?
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21157
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,925.94
R2000 wrote:Any thoughts on the proposed stadium rendering?

In the video above it is kind of boring looking, IMO. I figured there would be more flare of some kind with it being the Raiders and Las Vegas. The idea of the side of the stadium moving and allowing you to look in is kind of neat I guess... but who is going to be able to take advantage of that vantage point? Do they plan to erect scaffolding in the parking lot to look in through there?

The location looks awesome though!