Coaching Hot Seats -Black Monday

Sand$: 42,796.63
Jets fired OC John Morton.
Morton lasted just one season in the Big Apple. According to ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini, Morton rubbed some players the wrong way and also had "philosophical differences" with head coach Todd Bowles. Morton's play-calling also came into question throughout the year. Todd Haley, who will not be retained by Pittsburgh, could be of interest to the Jets while QBs coach Jeremy Bates is the leading in-house candidate to replace Morton. The Raiders briefly pursued Morton for their offensive coordinator position but ultimately went with Rams QBs coach Greg Olson. The Jets' next offensive coordinator will be their sixth in the last eight seasons.

DeFilippo of the Eagles is also previously rumored to be on the Jets short list but he's interviewing for the HC gig in Zona as well.

But maybe Bruce Arians just wants to relax and be an OC for his buddy Bowles. :wink:
Watch out world!

But seriously, this is probably for the best. The players and coaches love Bates.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,253.20
What is the significance of abbreviating Cleveland as 155?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,178.62
So glad he's gone. Not sure Schotty will be a whole heap better, but I have to think so. Bevell really could hardly get points going early in games and not generally much without Wilson going off script.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,686.86
RotoMoto wrote:Not sure Schotty will be a whole heap better, but I have to think so. .

Rock bottom is coming
Todd Haley named Browns OC
Sand$: 115,851.12
Griffimo wrote:

I agree with the down side - it's nuclear.

But (shockingly) I don't agree with the upside. There's more talent on offense than Hue wants you to believe, but it's going to take time to blend the ingredients - time Hue doesn't have.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,867.24
OarChambo wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

But (shockingly) I don't agree with the upside. There's more talent on offense than Hue wants you to believe, but it's going to take time to blend the ingredients - time Hue doesn't have.

I was thinking one of the reasons Haley would go there was that he thinks he will be HC in a year. Has to oversee improvement without the team rocketing. Has to let hue b Hue while at the same time checking him. Tricky.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,178.62
hankrip wrote:
RotoMoto wrote:Not sure Schotty will be a whole heap better, but I have to think so. .

Rock bottom is coming

:lol:

Not ready to hear that. I do remember Marty Schottenheimer's playcalling and coaching style get pretty stale, but haven't followed his son's career that close. Seems he never had too much to work with at QB with Sanchez and oft injured Bradford being the best. Not excited, but I guess we'll see what he can do with Russ.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... -seahawks/

Looks like he hasn't had many great RBs either outside of a 31 year old LT2.

They really seem to be driving at reviving that run game, but at the same time the Legion of Boom are not quite the same. I have confidence in Pete and John Schneider to revamp them, but it will be difficult against the cap.
Last edited by RotoMoto on Wed 01.24.2018, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,809.86
OarChambo wrote:But (shockingly) I don't agree with the upside. There's more talent on offense than Hue wants you to believe, but it's going to take time to blend the ingredients - time Hue doesn't have.

i kind of hate to say it, but i hope they go 0-16 again. just to drive the point home that you can't go 0-16 and keep your job. you just can't. ESPECIALLY after you went 1-15 the year prior.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

I was thinking one of the reasons Haley would go there was that he thinks he will be HC in a year. Has to oversee improvement without the team rocketing. Has to let hue b Hue while at the same time checking him. Tricky.

Whether that's his motivation or not, Haley is not a head coach. Nothing he does between now and January 19 is going to change my mind either. Both him and Williams are hot heads that may be able to function within the right structure as coordinators, but they cannot run the operation. And I could make an argument Williams isn't even an effective coordinator.
getdownmmmkay wrote:
OarChambo wrote:But (shockingly) I don't agree with the upside. There's more talent on offense than Hue wants you to believe, but it's going to take time to blend the ingredients - time Hue doesn't have.

i kind of hate to say it, but i hope they go 0-16 again. just to drive the point home that you can't go 0-16 and keep your job. you just can't. ESPECIALLY after you went 1-15 the year prior.

I've already cleared off my calendar for next year's parade.
Griffimo wrote:

nothing made official as of yet
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,867.24
OarChambo wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
OarChambo wrote:I agree with the down side - it's nuclear.

Whether that's his motivation or not, Haley is not a head coach. Nothing he does between now and January 19 is going to change my mind either. Both him and Williams are hot heads that may be able to function within the right structure as coordinators, but they cannot run the operation. And I could make an argument Williams isn't even an effective coordinator.

Yeah, Williams is terrible. I dunno about Haley as HC. Just seems like a situation where he could be hopeful of moving up in a year, if thats his desire.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 46,809.86
Raiders hired Brian Callahan as QB coach. Good hire

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian