Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,147.54
tsbgrayghost wrote:
mattbbpl wrote:
bunnywafer wrote: Also I love a good underdog, and you can't get much more underdoggy than the Browns.

Pretty much. Every season I have a team or two as a league underdog to root for, just because it's fun to watch a team build up from rock bottom.

The Browns have been one of those teams for... quite a while.

I used to feel that way about the Patriots. I miss those days.

In my time watching football (going back to the late '70s), the only team I have NOT seen have to really "rebuild" are the Steelers. That was because Noll had already started his rebuild 5 or so years earlier. All 32 teams have had warts, just pass the compund W instead of acting like you never have
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,999.98
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,431.04
I'm trying real hard to be rational about Mayfield this season.

How much FAAB % are you guys dropping on him in 2 QB leagues? Starters aren't amazing, but they're good enough for first place so far. I'll definitely be starting him at some point if I land him.

Thinking 20% to make sure I get em, do you guys think that crazy high?

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
I don't.

Who do you have though?
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:I don't.

Who do you have though?

Bortles, Flacco, and Mariota

Supreme Megalodon
Yeah, he'll upgrade Mariota.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
Mayfield Over Mariota?

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Mayfield Over Mariota?

I do not agree with that either, but I can see why people who don't pay much Attention to TEN would think that.

Mariota is a huge buy low target right now (If you don't need to start him).

Megalodon
Buy low? Hes probably on the verge of being dropped in every league if he isnt already...(even from people who pay attention to TEN)

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 60,988.98
I know I'd take a turd for Corey Davis right now.
Megalodon
Youd win that deal

Great White Shark
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Buy low? Hes probably on the verge of being dropped in every league if he isnt already...(even from people who pay attention to TEN)

2QB/superflex

Nah, I'm telling you right now this offense is going to take off in the 2nd half of the season (or whenever Mariota is healthy-- and he looked very good in the short/intermediate pass last week going 12-18 with 2 drops).

LaFleur is legit, and the receivers are teetering on breaking out. Conklin is also very close to coming back.

edit: should probably get back to Baker in this thread haha make another if you feel like talking about this more

Megalodon
Sand$: 60,988.98
So I'm debating starting him in 2 different leagues this week. He has a decent match up against Oakland who is ranked 19th against the pass.

Do I start him over Fitzmagic who is on the road at Chicago who is ranked 11th against the pass?

Do I start him over Eli who is home against the 30th ranked N.O. pass defense in a 2 QB league with Stafford at the other QB spot?
Megalodon
Start him vs oak...warm sunny day in california. Medicore defense. Mayfield should be able to put up points.

Great White Shark
bigredmachineffl wrote:So I'm debating starting him in 2 different leagues this week. He has a decent match up against Oakland who is ranked 19th against the pass.

Do I start him over Fitzmagic who is on the road at Chicago who is ranked 11th against the pass?

Do I start him over Eli who is home against the 30th ranked N.O. pass defense in a 2 QB league with Stafford at the other QB spot?

I'm starting him simply to make watching the game more enjoyable. All 3 of those are good options though...and if we're talking straight fantasy football I'd probably go Eli.

Mayfield could easily turn in another fantastic game, though.