Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,925.10
ubertaco wrote:https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/odell-beckham-jr/6942

How many of those injuries would have been prevented by whatever kind of training any of you think he should or shouldn't be doing?

In't anyway anybody can answer that question. If he he gets a soft tissue injury early in camp then the I-told-you-so's can correctly be rained down from above. Otherwise this is media driven bs to generate clicks at a time in which it's difficult to write stories that will accomplish that goal. Don't be the sucker falling for the bait.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,208.72
OarChambo wrote:

How many of those injuries would have been prevented by whatever kind of training any of you think he should or shouldn't be doing?

In't anyway anybody can answer that question. If he he gets a soft tissue injury early in camp then the I-told-you-so's can correctly be rained down from above. Otherwise this is media driven bs to generate clicks at a time in which it's difficult to write stories that will accomplish that goal. Don't be the sucker falling for the bait.

I agree.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,875.80
Well if people are calling him injury prone without actually looking at his injury history then they need to educate themselves.

Otherwise, that was my point. It's all just garbage.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,365.36
rugger48 wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I agree.

X3, with the caveat that in truth, even the hypothetical above would not prove an injury would not have happened in voluntary training.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,999.98
Supreme Megalodon
bluemist wrote:
X3, with the caveat that in truth, even the hypothetical above would not prove an injury would not have happened in voluntary training.

There was a reason I isolated soft tissue. That you can usually draw back to offseason training.

His injury rap sheet gets run because of how lengthy it is, but I think it actually shows how much better he takes care of his body now vs. prior. The hamstring problems his first two years were in all likelihood self inflicted, but are now a thing of the past. No one was escaping his preseason 2017 hit without an injury and it's highly likely his season ender 7 weeks later was because it never fully healed.

The only raised eyebrow I have is last year. I think it's entirely possible he shut himself down because of the organizational fractures and state of the team. He played hurt before, but not now - so, why? But it'd be naive of me to not consider other possible outcomes too. Which is why I think the beginning of camp is so important for him.
Sand$: 40,444.99
Freddie Kitchens on Gerald McCoy: “We want people that want to be here”

“We want people that want to be here. We want people that want to be here for the right reasons. Gerald made the best decision that he felt was best for him and his family. I wish Gerald nothing but the best. If there is any reservation at all, we do not want anybody to be here. We do not want any reservation about trying to convince someone to come here. What we are about to do, it is not for everybody. What we are going to attempt to do is not for everybody. It is going to take a lot of hard work and then we will see where we are at. That is all.”
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,947.86
Would have liked to have seen more tact from Baker re: Duke.

Unless there is something that we don't know about, its the team that first threw Duke's name around for trade offers. I don't see why Duke should feel he owes the team the respect of 'doing his job' if the team has shown that they don't want it.

As far as I know, Duke has been a pro about it and isn't letting team mates down. He just feels that if the team isn't into him then he should move on.

If there isn't something else going on I don't see why Baker should call him out.

From Fleaflicker:

Duke Johnson RB CLE
14 minutes ago
Johnson isn't backing down from his trade request, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon-Journal reports. "I only want to be somewhere I'm wanted," Johnson said Tuesday. "At the end of the day, that's all this is about, being somewhere you're wanted. In my case, the moment I'm not wanted anymore, I think it's best that we find a middle ground and we do what's best for the team."

EDGE Analysis
Johnson showed up for mandatory minicamp and avoided a fine, saying this desire for a trade won't prevent him from doing his job. He claims the Browns placed him on the trade block when they signed Kareem Hunt (suspension), then shifted course after the offers were disappointing. Johnson specified that the trade attempt bothers him more than his lack of role security, noting that he's never had any problem with being limited to part-time work. He's also worried about being dealt in October once Hunt is preparing to return from suspension, as it's difficult to learn a new offense in the middle of the season. Johnson seems to have put considerable thought into his argument, but he also insists he'll focus on his job with the Browns for as long as he stays with the team. Quarterback Baker Mayfield sounded annoyed with the situation, while coach Freddie Kitchens expressed confidence that Johnson won't let any frustration impact his performance in practices or games.

Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Would have liked to have seen more tact from Baker re: Duke.

In't gonna happen. Like it or hate it this is who he is, has been, and will be.
Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Unless there is something that we don't know about, its the team that first threw Duke's name around for trade offers. I don't see why Duke should feel he owes the team the respect of 'doing his job' if the team has shown that they don't want it.

I think it's more nuanced than that:

*The Browns signing Hunt was their indirect way of saying the writing's on the wall, Duke
*Duke lets team know he wants traded, which makes sense since he's due a relatively big raise in 2020 and can see he's (probably) not gonna be here to see it
*Team shops Duke and doesn't get what they believe is fair value in return - I'm guessing late day 3 pick or a player that had fallen out of another team's plans (i.e. Darron Lee)
*So now we're in a holding pattern until a team's depth chart (injury/ineffectiveness) makes trading for Duke reasonable - unless that injury happens here in the first place

But I think Duke only has himself to blame for this in the first place. Him signing for what he did when he did never really made much sense. It was an extremely team friendly deal in a situation in which he wouldn't be guaranteed much of anything. So I don't think where we are now is all that surprising.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,947.86
OarChambo wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Would have liked to have seen more tact from Baker re: Duke.

I think Baker has been a great leader so far but I feel that he should have been able to think ahead a little bit and understand players grievances regarding the 'business' that football is. Baker has done a lot of work garnering and gaining the support of the locker room but I suspect players will understand where Duke is coming from.

Baker and Kitchens sending out the 'unity' message is all great but I can't help but feel there is suspicion as to when Dorsey/Haslam will f it up so theres that.

I don't particularly blame Duke for signing a team friendly deal. I don't think that excuses the team presenting a message of unity while shopping him and probably doing so without his prior knowledge then just changing their mind and demanding that he be fully committed and happy to turn over his mind and body to the cause.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,339.22
OarChambo wrote:

Hes like that with Duke...bet he wouldnt act like that towards Odell.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,677.26
Yea.

Baker is easy to root against.
Supreme Megalodon
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I think Baker has been a great leader so far but I feel that he should have been able to think ahead a little bit and understand players grievances regarding the 'business' that football is. Baker has done a lot of work garnering and gaining the support of the locker room but I suspect players will understand where Duke is coming from.

Baker and Kitchens sending out the 'unity' message is all great but I can't help but feel there is suspicion as to when Dorsey/Haslam will f it up so theres that.

I don't necessarily think any of that is wrong. It just isn't who he is nor has been, so expecting it be who he will be would be kinda silly. He only cares about what is best for the Browns. He will only do and say things that he thinks is best for the Browns. And he doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. He thinks what Duke is doing is not good for the Browns. I get why someone would think that is in poor taste and if you feel that way then prepare for more of it.
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:I don't particularly blame Duke for signing a team friendly deal. I don't think that excuses the team presenting a message of unity while shopping him and probably doing so without his prior knowledge then just changing their mind and demanding that he be fully committed and happy to turn over his mind and body to the cause.

I think this is wrong though. Duke wanted traded. The team tried trading him. There was no market for him. I at least didn't expect one. Why trade for a veteran CoP due a pay raise next year when you can pick a younger, cost controlled option with a similar skill set. So the team had to decide to just cut the cord or continue on with the awkward relationship until there is a market. They chose the latter. And Duke isn't happy about that. No more complicated than that.
Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Hes like that with Duke...bet he wouldnt act like that towards Odell.

Of course not - special talent get special treatment. That isn't unique to the NFL; that's reality in all things. “You let a guy like that be him... You trust he’s going to be there when we need him.” That's about right.