Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Jacobs should get a decent amount of carries regardless. The two biggest concerns for Jacobs is A. His O-line was bad last year, how much has it really improved? B. Raiders had a good defensive draft, but a bunch of rookies isn't going to make your defense good THIS year, so I expect them to be behind a little bit and having to stop running the ball.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,368.72
Elmagister wrote:
R2000 wrote:I am guessing Raiders sign another back to replace Crowell, would wait to see before bumping up Jacobs.

Why? Who are they going to sign that they'll play over their 1st round back?

No one, was just saying that I expect them to sign an RB to replace Crowell's role after draft (supplemental or backup RB on first 2 downs), and dont anticipate Jacobs getting any significant bump in touches qith Crowells injury

Raiders dont have a backup RB who can consistently run inside unless you are counting on Warren. Richards is decent but more of a 3rd down/receiving back.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
Markulous wrote:Jacobs should get a decent amount of carries regardless. The two biggest concerns for Jacobs is A. His O-line was bad last year, how much has it really improved? B. Raiders had a good defensive draft, but a bunch of rookies isn't going to make your defense good THIS year, so I expect them to be behind a little bit and having to stop running the ball.

OL wasn't bad in the run game at all, we just didn't have a quality RB to do anything with what Hudson and Jackson were opening up.

The latter point I agree with. Kind of why I thought we should go defense X 3 in R1, why take Jacobs now when you can get the D to a point where you can actually use one of the superior 2020 RB's and not constantly be in a position where you have to abandon the run. I think Conley and Mullen are going to be one of the best CB duos in the league eventually, but it won't be in 2019. LB's are trash, and the DL is coming along but not there yet.

If I ran that draft I would have taken White at 4 and traded ahead of Carolina to get Clelin.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
Markulous wrote:Jacobs should get a decent amount of carries regardless. The two biggest concerns for Jacobs is A. His O-line was bad last year, how much has it really improved? B. Raiders had a good defensive draft, but a bunch of rookies isn't going to make your defense good THIS year, so I expect them to be behind a little bit and having to stop running the ball.

OL wasn't bad in the run game at all, we just didn't have a quality RB to do anything with what Hudson and Jackson were opening up.

The latter point I agree with. Kind of why I thought we should go defense X 3 in R1, why take Jacobs now when you can get the D to a point where you can actually use one of the superior 2020 RB's and not constantly be in a position where you have to abandon the run. I think Conley and Mullen are going to be one of the best CB duos in the league eventually, but it won't be in 2019. LB's are trash, and the DL is coming along but not there yet.

If I ran that draft I would have taken White at 4 and traded ahead of Carolina to get Clelin.

IIRC, your tackles were the biggest issue, especially in pass pro. If they aren't able to protect Carr, then they aren't going to move the ball much. I don't know where Jacobs is going in redrafts, but probably in my league in California with 50% Raiders fans, he's probably going to go too early for me.

I agree that your DBs look promising and DL has gotten better from where it was post-Mack trade. If they address your LBs next year, then you guys should be a lot better on defense. I'd expect teams to run quite a bit on them now though.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
Well hopefully all the money we threw at Brown helps our tackle problem.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,045.96
R2000 wrote:I am guessing Raiders sign another back to replace Crowell, would wait to see before bumping up Jacobs.

i'd bring back doug martin whom played well for us last yr after marshawn was injured (vet min)
Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:Well hopefully all the money we threw at Brown helps our tackle problem.

Yeah, maybe. Should in theory help at least.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,368.72
Markulous wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:Well hopefully all the money we threw at Brown helps our tackle problem.

Yeah, maybe. Should in theory help at least.

The two moving parts to our OL last year.

Replace Brandon Parker with Trent Brown -> upgrade
Replace Osemele with Denzell Good -> downgrade/even, depending on your opinion of Osemele's performance.

Unchanged: big elephant in the room is the coaching of Tom Cable (not confident his coaching will improve the OL play in the 2nd year) and Kolton Miller's improvement from year 1 to year 2.

Curios to see how the OL plays as well in 2019. I know the OL play drives the rest of the offense, but hopefully improvements at skill positions can have a slightly beneficial effect on the OL play.
Sand$: 40,418.51
endzoneview wrote:They’ll sign a vet. I’m thinking Blount maybe. I think May 7th is when all these vets can get signed and not count toward the comp formula so we’ll see if the Raiders can line someone up before then

Welp, they went with Doug Martin again. I would have gone with Blount.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,045.96
endzoneview wrote:
endzoneview wrote:They’ll sign a vet. I’m thinking Blount maybe. I think May 7th is when all these vets can get signed and not count toward the comp formula so we’ll see if the Raiders can line someone up before then

Welp, they went with Doug Martin again. I would have gone with Blount.

doug martin is better then blount currently and already knows the system
yeah, I didn't realize how bad Blount was until I looked at the numbers. Blech.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,200.82
I’m beginning to see the raiders bash side of this argument.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,488.14
rugger48 wrote:I’m beginning to see the raiders bash side of this argument.

Join the crowd. Its a huge hate group that's need more, Thank you, Much needed. :thumbright:

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Raiders to play Trent Brown at RT

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said on Friday that the team will play Brown at right tackle during the 2019 season. Oakland will keep 2018 first-round pick Kolton Miller at left tackle after he started there during his rookie season.

Given the price they paid to get Brown, that move may raise some eyebrows. via PFT
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,845.46
Par for this course.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour