Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,039.64
endzoneview wrote:Raiders to play Trent Brown at RT

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden said on Friday that the team will play Brown at right tackle during the 2019 season. Oakland will keep 2018 first-round pick Kolton Miller at left tackle after he started there during his rookie season.

Given the price they paid to get Brown, that move may raise some eyebrows. via PFT

:F

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,588.04
With the pass rush today RT and LT are pretty damned close to being equally important.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,368.72
Agree with JC. If the DC is any good, he will target the weakest link in the OL anyways.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,059.30
R2000 wrote:Agree with JC. If the DC is any good, he will target the weakest link in the OL anyways.

The best OL goes on the side of the line the QB has less of a field of vision of to help him avoid pressure/ sacks.

Thats the left for RH QBs.

Because theyre feet plant facing ahead/ to the right ... and the torque for the throw comes from R to L/ Anti clockwise. Obviously if theyre throwing to the Left? Thats mitigated slightly, but over the middle and to the right (especially) its more of a problem.

So, unless Carr is a Lefty, its still not something that makes much sense.

Any DC if theyre any good will attack the weakest player? Sure.

But giving him the weakest player and on the QBs weakest side for seeing/ feeling pressure? Yeah, thats not a great plan.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,664.26
jamcutpost wrote:
R2000 wrote:Agree with JC. If the DC is any good, he will target the weakest link in the OL anyways.

The best OL goes on the side of the line the QB has less of a field of vision of to help him avoid pressure/ sacks.

Because theyre feet plant facing ahead/ to the right ... and the torque for the throw comes from R to L/ Anti clockwise. Obviously if theyre throwing to the Left? Thats mitigated slightly, but over the middle and to the right (especially) its more of a problem.

But giving him the weakest player and on the QBs weakest side for seeing/ feeling pressure? Yeah, thats not a great plan.

Relax.

Word has it that Gruden is going to convert Carr to throw southpaw to accommodate Brown.

Problem solved.
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:But giving him the weakest player and on the QBs weakest side for seeing/ feeling pressure? Yeah, thats not a great plan.

Valid point. Only counter I can think of is continuity for KMiller at LT can only help his progression. Or it could be Cable/Gruden ego at play, to validate the selection at 1.15.
Supreme Megalodon
R2000 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:But giving him the weakest player and on the QBs weakest side for seeing/ feeling pressure? Yeah, thats not a great plan.

Valid point. Only counter I can think of is continuity for KMiller at LT can only help his progression. Or it could be Cable/Gruden ego at play, to validate the selection at 1.15.

Or to help the #4 pick look like better than advertised in OTA.

Who knows? I sure dont :thumbright:

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:

t:

:rofl:, I know now who to contact to get a unique/interesting perspective. :thumbright:

I know a lot of post-draft articles are fluff pieces, but while #4 does not have the highest ceiling of this years rookie DE class, the combination of floor, character, ethic caused Mayock to rank Ferrell right behind/along with Bosa. I may be guesstimating but it seemed like a lot of the high picks were based on best player available at position of need, and potentially based on a specific order (1.DE, 2.RB, 3.S and CB)
Supreme Megalodon
R2000 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

t:

:rofl:, I know now who to contact to get a unique/interesting perspective. :thumbright:

I know a lot of post-draft articles are fluff pieces, but while #4 does not have the highest ceiling of this years rookie DE class, the combination of floor, character, ethic caused Mayock to rank Ferrell right behind/along with Bosa. I may be guesstimating but it seemed like a lot of the high picks were based on best player available at position of need, and potentially based on a specific order (1.DE, 2.RB, 3.S and CB)

Yeah, i think theyre happy with the floor - and thats fine.

I dont necessarily agree with it, but that means jack - ask my wife.

Its a plan, theyre executing it & there are worse ways to rebuild. So heres to em :)

QU: Is it right that all of their picks were players theyd coached in the Senior Bowl?

Caught a photo that had some sort of tagline, but i was skipping through a bunch of stuff - so might have that way wrong.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,664.26
I like Ferrell.
They could likely have gotten him later.
But he shd be productive.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 1,613.60
jamcutpost wrote:

shoot just move a te over

all x's block o's on the board

that means it should happen in real life no
Supreme Megalodon
Vision wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

You can put a compact in the way of a Mack (no pun) and yeah, it will slow it down. A tiny bit. Two? Yeah a bit more.

Basic physics.

But the end result is predictable & the results far from optimal.

I know it sounds crazy, but there is a reason LTs get paid well vs blocking TEs and FBs and why OCs prefer not to handicap themselves by giving the DC a numbers advantage by surrendering 2 vs 1, when 1 vs 1 can do it.

I remember a lot of ppl defending the contract and citing Browns last 4 games in NEP.

At LT.

Can only hope this is some bizarre way to ease Brown in and it will change over OTAs - despite the fact hes been playign LT for at least a aseason & been in the league 5yrs.

More reps at the correct position (the one hes being paid for) would be a far more beneficial way of "easing him in" than flip flopping sides back-n-forth. His hands and feet need to get used to using one side mroe than the other, this wont help if the logn term plan is move him back across. Same for Miller if hes to be the eventual RT.

I might differ on the draft logic of a cpl picks - but i can udnerstand the logic, see a plan there.

Here? Nah, not really.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,908.32
Vision wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

The offense is already short a man because of the QB. Just move shorten it one more man, nbd.
Sand$: 40,418.51
well then, have you considered just leaving the running back in the backfield to block? Easy peasy.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 34,908.32
Just don't pass.