Megalodon
Posts: 23864
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 19,230.50
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Posts: 13558
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 52,500.14
Raiders are firmly interested in signing Mack to an extension. Might not happen this year, but they have no interest in trade talks with another team at this point.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47320
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,627.65
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
<<<<<<<<hyperventilating>>>>>>>>
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Posts: 23864
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 19,230.50
endzoneview wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
<<<<<<<<hyperventilating>>>>>>>>
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG


Daks not the only "happy" guy, im guessing :)
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47320
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,627.65
Obvious long shot but I can dream
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Posts: 23864
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 19,230.50


Current cap: ~$11m
Cobb trade (post June 1st) cap relief: $6.4m

Could be more to do w/Rodgers contract? no idea.
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47320
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,627.65
Going to need just a smidge more than that :lol:
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon
Posts: 23864
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 19,230.50
endzoneview wrote:Going to need just a smidge more than that :lol:


Yeah, any team w/<$20m can forget about it.

Rappaport saying team not shopping, Lombardi says team is.
_______________________________________

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 47320
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,627.65
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Raiders haven’t slammed the door on the possibility of trading the 2016 defensive player of the year. That said, the Raiders are being coy with the teams that have inquired.

Recent reports have indicated as many as a dozen teams kicking tires on a possible trade. Four teams, we’re told, are exploring the possibility very seriously. via PFT


Breaking this out into its own thread to give me something to follow and look for clues all next week.
_______________________________________

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013
Sand$: 3,914.42
endzoneview wrote:Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Raiders haven’t slammed the door on the possibility of trading the 2016 defensive player of the year. That said, the Raiders are being coy with the teams that have inquired.

Recent reports have indicated as many as a dozen teams kicking tires on a possible trade. Four teams, we’re told, are exploring the possibility very seriously. via PFT


Breaking this out into its own thread to give me something to follow and look for clues all next week.


Much to my Chagrin :F it looks like the Raiders are too cash strapped to sign Mack for this kind of money and may look seriously at the Packers two 1st round picks and maybe a Clay Matthews, Cobb combination to get this off their plate.
_______________________________________

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28198
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,896.02
peacefulwarrior wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Raiders haven’t slammed the door on the possibility of trading the 2016 defensive player of the year. That said, the Raiders are being coy with the teams that have inquired.

Recent reports have indicated as many as a dozen teams kicking tires on a possible trade. Four teams, we’re told, are exploring the possibility very seriously. via PFT


Breaking this out into its own thread to give me something to follow and look for clues all next week.


Much to my Chagrin :F it looks like the Raiders are too cash strapped to sign Mack for this kind of money and may look seriously at the Packers two 1st round picks and maybe a Clay Matthews, Cobb combination to get this off their plate.


All while the pack is trying to make Rodgers the highest paid player in NFL?

Ya, that’s not happening.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013
Sand$: 3,914.42
rugger48 wrote:
peacefulwarrior wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Raiders haven’t slammed the door on the possibility of trading the 2016 defensive player of the year. That said, the Raiders are being coy with the teams that have inquired.

Recent reports have indicated as many as a dozen teams kicking tires on a possible trade. Four teams, we’re told, are exploring the possibility very seriously. via PFT


Breaking this out into its own thread to give me something to follow and look for clues all next week.


Much to my Chagrin :F it looks like the Raiders are too cash strapped to sign Mack for this kind of money and may look seriously at the Packers two 1st round picks and maybe a Clay Matthews, Cobb combination to get this off their plate.


All while the pack is trying to make Rodgers the highest paid player in NFL?

Ya, that’s not happening.


Pack has plenty of "future" cap room and Brian Gutekunst is aggresively looking for a speed rusher. (I hope Raiders sign him ASAP) but Mack is not coming to Oakland for $18 million this year. We'll see...
_______________________________________

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28198
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,896.02
He wants to get paid now. No way the packers are dropping over 30+ a year on Rodgers and sending 2 firsts + players and handing 20 million a year to Mack.



Nope
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013
Sand$: 3,914.42
Charles Robinson reports holdout DE Khalil Mack is "likely" to miss regular-season games.
IMO they can't have this guy sitting. Pay him or trade him, otherwise this becomes a negative vibe in the locker room.
_______________________________________

CHAMPIONS are not those that never fail, but those that never quit
Great White Shark
Posts: 7265
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 45,296.60
peacefulwarrior wrote:Charles Robinson reports holdout DE Khalil Mack is "likely" to miss regular-season games.
IMO they can't have this guy sitting. Pay him or trade him, otherwise this becomes a negative vibe in the locker room.


pay him or trade him ??? why the raiders own his rights for 3 yrs he is under contract this yr for almost 14 million and we can tag,tag him after that and let him walk at age 30,let him hold out and watch his salary go away in fines,already 3 million in fines have accrued and counting,mack can hold out til wk8 but he will forfeit over 8 million of his 14 million salary and he will come in like a dog and play at top level or lose value with bad play on the field,then the raiders can really damn him and tag him next yr,let him pout another yr and hold out til wk 8 and this time lose 10 million of his 17 salary,yr 3 do it all over again or mack can get his rump to camp and begin real negotiations

ps the steelers have shown the way with leveon bell