Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.98
vonbearsalot wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:Just don't root for the Packers or their family will disown you.

Wait, that's just their QB.

I hope the Bears one day find an actual NFL QB, so that I can make fun of him too :cry: .

I think we’ll find out this year if we have one or not.

If the defense is as good this year as it was last year, then I don't know if anyone can really evaluate him properly. They put the offense in amazing field position time after time. I want to see how he does when the defense isn't trying to emulate the '85 team.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,240.46
Lack of homefield advantage didn't really slow down the Rams or Chargers though did it...

It's an interesting question to me, how much of HFA is just due to not having to travel vs. actually having rowdy fans cheering you on.

Patriots (though they probably shouldn't count for other reasons) and Rams also won road games in the championship games. Chargers and Eagles also won road games in the wildcard round. Not that a couple wins by a couple teams really means anything, HFA is a real thing statistically.

On the other hand, playing home games without a home crowd maybe makes your team better in actual road games? At some point you're just used to never having anyone cheer for you I guess.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,132.02
R2000 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
They got given $8billion for team costs (2017 figure, 2018 wouldve been more)

According to financial information released by the Packers on Monday, the NFL distributed more than $8 billion in national revenue that was split among the league's 32 teams. The $8.1 billion in revenue meant that each team received roughly $255 million from the league

Dont think the NFL is that rich just yet. Your questions are still valid.

At this point, I am just thinking they did not want to pay so much guarantees for a single player or did not want to keep Mack for whatever reasons.

In order: Yes. Yes. Yes & Yes.

I can - to a point - easily believe Davis is cash strapped. Why not?

Just not to the point that he cant retain the face of a franchise - a bill that was long known to be due. Esp now not with the outlay theres been elsewhere (Grudens contract, trent Brown, Antonio Brown)

This seems like cashing in a blue chip to rebuild in the image the way the new de facto GM & HC wants. Which is as legitimate a reason as any.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,377.98
jamcutpost wrote:
This seems like cashing in a blue chip to rebuild in the image the way the new de facto GM & HC wants. Which is as legitimate a reason as any.

Sure, seems as good a reason as any.

Between Cooper and AB transactions, it looks like a ST win if Carr gets enough protection and can feed AB.
Mack trade looks like a big loss, could be salvaged it Raiders can find a quality pass rusher in the draft and he develops quickly, and Mayock can find quality talent with the other early draft picks.

But, too many ifs and more than enough negatives to not feel optimistic.
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:There’s a screenshot from twitter that someone else posted yesterday about the Raiders not having enough to sign bell. Look it up yourself.

No money for Bell

But money for record breaking LT contract, AB, pint size 30 year old safety, etc etc etc

Pretty much.

1) Nope. If someone is pointing to something as evidence that supports THEIR point, its kinda not on the other person to find it, right?
2) Not signing Bell after blowing out on Trent Brown & Joyner ... ill ignore AB - offset w/Penn/ Osemele) im w/the others.

Noone disputes Davis isnt rich.

But the evidence that he couldnt afford to re-sign Mack is fairly weak.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,312.20
Imagine being so smarmy while also being so wrong. Swarmy?
Supreme Megalodon
R2000 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

Between Cooper and AB transactions, it looks like a ST win if Carr gets enough protection and can feed AB.
Mack trade looks like a big loss, could be salvaged it Raiders can find a quality pass rusher in the draft and he develops quickly, and Mayock can find quality talent with the other early draft picks.

Thats the big one for me.

I can see some appeal in Brown (Trent), hes a big ole unit and isnt awful - but hes got a bit to go before hes paying back that contract.

Being in BUF tho i can relate, sometimes you have to pay extra.

This draft isnt long on DE depth - DT sure, DE not so much - but as long as they can get the OL fixed so AB can run his route, i think
"AB-DC" should work.

Moving on from Kelechi & Donald is addition by subtraction, but obviously they still need to be replaced. On plus side would be hard to draft anyone as bad (bit like us w/ a cpl guys on ours), so that doesnt hurt.

There are a cpl good OTs, but i think we'll see most kick inside as we move past rnd 2.

Not sure this is the year to get your DE. Might have to roll w/Key some more - but it could be the year to get your LBs finally set tho.

If can fix OL & LB, id say Mack trade worth it.

Just not sure Gruden & Cable will do the right/ sensible thing w/all those picks.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,331.36
Swarmy Shawarmas.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,858.86
jamcutpost wrote:

Curious if this is to work a deal with Eric Berry after GB stole their safety.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,728.16
jnadke wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

Curious if this is to work a deal with Eric Berry after GB stole their safety.

Please please please
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,060.14
jamcutpost wrote:
R2000 wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

Thats the big one for me.

I can see some appeal in Brown (Trent), hes a big ole unit and isnt awful - but hes got a bit to go before hes paying back that contract.

Being in BUF tho i can relate, sometimes you have to pay extra.

This draft isnt long on DE depth - DT sure, DE not so much - but as long as they can get the OL fixed so AB can run his route, i think
"AB-DC" should work.

Moving on from Kelechi & Donald is addition by subtraction, but obviously they still need to be replaced. On plus side would be hard to draft anyone as bad (bit like us w/ a cpl guys on ours), so that doesnt hurt.

There are a cpl good OTs, but i think we'll see most kick inside as we move past rnd 2.

Not sure this is the year to get your DE. Might have to roll w/Key some more - but it could be the year to get your LBs finally set tho.

If can fix OL & LB, id say Mack trade worth it.

Just not sure Gruden & Cable will do the right/ sensible thing w/all those picks.

Penn was a big loss last year. It's irrelevant now because he is done and can't play anymore. And I would't be shocked after his poor combine if Cody Ford fell to us in the 2nd, he and Gabe Jackson and Rodney Hudson would be a mean interior OL. If Brown can just replicate his pass protection performance from last year, we will be fine on the OL. Miller belongs at RT and always has, which is one of the many reasons that pick was so terrible last year. If we don't go Ford in round 2, Good is serviceable and Osemele didn't play up to his contract last year anyways.

If Murray goes 1, I think it is a 100% lock that we are getting Williams or Allen in the draft. Who knows what we will do with the 2 later picks, but based on all of the mocks I have seen, we have a really good shot at getting a quality LB and a quality corner to play opposite Conley. Safety is no longer a need. Joyner isn't the second coming of Ed Reed, but he's a hell of a lot better than what we had at FS, and his range/speed fits Guenther's scheme like a young Reggie Nelson, not the bones of Reggie Nelson that we had out there last year. And considering some of the safety contracts we have seen so far, the Raiders did not overpay for Joyner. Anyone who thinks Landon Collins is worth 6-8 mil a year more than Joyner needs a cork for their fork.

The only way I see us getting stupid is if Allen, Bosa, and Williams are all off the board. Praying we don't draft Gary or Sweat in that scenario, barring a trade down.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,377.98
I would do cartwheels if Bosa or Williams fall to #4. Not a fan of Allen. Draft Devin White or trade down if above 3 are taken 1-2-3.

I think we need to draft a couple of pass rushers with 2 of our 1st 4 picks (if value lasts) and pick up a vet DE. Would go linebacker and TE/WR with the remaining pick.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,060.14
I'd be fine with Devin White at 4. He's already better than Roquan and he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. But I don't see it happening.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,331.36
if raiders dont take white, Im pretty sure the Bucs will. depends on what the raider want to do.