Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,095.40
it is not khalil mack vs the traded picks,you have to add in the money 144 million into the equation as well,bears were not able to add certain asset via draft or free agency due to that huge contract leaving them thin on both sides and the raiders were able to add players and get better via draft picks and free agency for 2 yrs now
Sand$: 40,260.77
good point

I mean, the Raiders could have paid Mack.

Instead they paid **checks notes** Tyrell Williams and Lamarcus Joyner the same money
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,060.14
Well duh, obviously the money they didn’t give to the superstar went to multiple crappier players. Thank you for that deep insight lol.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,311.18
SJSwarm wrote:Well duh, obviously the money they didn’t give to the superstar went to multiple crappier players. Thank you for that deep insight lol.

At least they made a difference. :thumbright:
Sand$: 40,260.77
SJSwarm wrote:Well duh, obviously the money they didn’t give to the superstar went to multiple crappier players. Thank you for that deep insight lol.

my response wasn't for you, get

:D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,111.02
mstrbass2000 wrote:it is not khalil mack vs the traded picks,you have to add in the money 144 million into the equation as well,bears were not able to add certain asset via draft or free agency due to that huge contract leaving them thin on both sides and the raiders were able to add players and get better via draft picks and free agency for 2 yrs now

The Bears had plenty of room to work with after the deal. The problem is everything they have done since (and of course, Trubisky).

*re-signed RT Bobby Massie for $32m - okay
*signed Buster Skrine for $16.5m - blegh
*signed Cordarelle Pattterson for $10m - blegh
*traded Jordan Howard for scraps - fine, but...
*...they then traded up in the 3rd round for David Montgomery, including a 2020 #4 in the deal - not fine. Why are you trading draft picks for a position lacking value when you don't have any picks.
*picked an indistinguishable WR with their only other meaningful 2019 pick.
*signed Jimmy Graham for $16m , because their previous investments suck.
*signed Robert Quinn for $70m - WAT.
*traded a 4th round pick for...Nick freakin' Foles? Because their previous investment sucks.
*then drafted another (mediocre) TE round 2 to pair with the corpse of Jimmy G, because their previous investments suck.

And ^^^that is the problem. This group's investments suck - previous and current. They had the ability to retain anyone they lost. The only contract > $10m that left was Nick Kwiatkowski. They've been active in free agency and on the trade market. The problem wasn't their available spend post trade. The problem is what they have done with their available capital - before and after. They suck.
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:

my response wasn't for you, get

:D

I know, it was for the Raiders fan who makes no damn sense, but I had to chime in. Lol

Great White Shark
Sand$: 44,747.16
what ends first this thread or Frank Gore's career?
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:

You could give us Mack, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in their primes and Jesus Christ (complete with magic powers) as the head coach and I’m not sure Carr could even win one playoff game.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,311.18
SJSwarm wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

You could give us Mack, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed in their primes and Jesus Christ (complete with magic powers) as the head coach and I’m not sure Carr could even win one playoff game.

Throw in Moses and you're good though.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:Throw in Moses and you're good though.

Can I have the Legion of Doom instead? I’m pretty sure Hawk and Animal could take out Mahomes for us.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,728.16
SJSwarm wrote:

Can I have the Legion of Doom instead? I’m pretty sure Hawk and Animal could take out Mahomes for us.

Sure. If you had Precious Paul Ellering as D Coordinator.
Supreme Megalodon
hawkdogger wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

Sure. If you had Precious Paul Ellering as D Coordinator.

Lmao yaaasssssss

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,095.40
endzoneview wrote:good point

Instead they paid **checks notes** Tyrell Williams and Lamarcus Joyner the same money

2019 twill,joyner,josh jacobs

2020 khalil mack salary this yr 26.6 million plus cole kmet (2nd rd from raiders)=raiders 1 rd pick (arnette) 3rd pick (edwards) and nick kwiakowski,cory littleton,maliek collins,demarius randal
Last edited by mstrbass2000 on Tue 07.07.2020, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,858.86
endzoneview wrote:good point

That's one way of looking at it.

Another is the Raiders used the same money to purchase the best offensive line that money can buy.

I'm inclined to believe that story since the Bears failed only a little more successfully with their pass catching roster while still fielding a bottom barrel Oline.

Edit: for clarity
Last edited by jnadke on Fri 06.12.2020, 11:08, edited 4 times in total.