Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,747.76
Cyguy84 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Patriots sure have egg on their face now. But at least they didn't experience the embarrassment of defending his actions. That would be really embarrassing.

I have never defended what he did as not being morally wrong. He's clearly an idiot and made poor life decisions for most of the past decade.

I stand by the fact that the group text did not violate the personal conduct policy, and if he gets suspended for the group text message alone, the NFL is being arbitrary and should suspend a lot more players under the same policy.

We will see what happens. My stance does not change now that he is no longer on the Patriots, just like my stance did not change when he was signed by the Patriots.

My assumption is that more information will leak out that incriminates him in the sexual assault stuff, which if proven true is a no brainer suspension.

I know what you said. That's what's so embarrassing.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 66,017.80
I'm very skeptical that you understood it, based on your continued posts. Let's let it rest, AB is gone, move on and find someone else to harass. You do have a tendency to just pick at the same person over and over, why is that?
Supreme Megalodon
I understood Cy. You're not so hard to understand.

You telling someone to let something go and move on is pretty funny. Cheers.

Also, you're one of a number of people who accuse me of picking on just them.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:I understood Cy. You're not so hard to understand.

You telling someone to let something go and move on is pretty funny. Cheers.

Also, you're one of a number of people who accuse me of picking on just them.

Once again, your comprehension was limited. I didn't suggest that you were picking on just me.

I was stating that you ride one person until you can ride someone else and continually pick pick pick pick pick. You probably have a half dozen favorite targets to ride, and you let yourself go. Let's not get this thread locked like the one you got locked this morning, shall we?

Have a wonderful weekend.
Supreme Megalodon
That's by definition not one person, Mr. Comprehension.

Likewise.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 16,667.09
Every board has to have one or two BA's ( board antagonists). Just gotta have fun with it... Let 'em know it doesn't bother ya
Megalodon
Sand$: 1,103.84
Elmagister wrote:That's by definition not one person, Mr. Comprehension.

Likewise.

come at me bro. pick me next. :Drink) :party-smiley-050:

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,636.32
The best thing for him and every one who justified his actions is to say....I was wrong.

He won't do it and unfortunately, the folks who defended or justified his actions won't either.

If you criticized him and said that NEP should never have signed him...be satisfied with the fact you were right and that no NEP fan is going to agree with you.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,242.12
Another great thread.
It's good to know I'm not the only one.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Megalodon
My take, the Pats knew when he was signed, but didn't think EVERYTHING was going to come out. I heard AB was accused by someone else of even worse charges that may result in criminal charges? I haven't seen that yet but heard about it on the local radio.
They knew, didn't think that any more than the federal law suit would come to light, and took a gamble that it was worth the risk. They know more is coming.
Also, I heard that he was due his $5m signing bonus on 9/23. Releasing him now, unless AB files a grievance, they may not have to pay him a dime (haven't verified that myself at all yet).
They knew and BB decided he was no longer worth the gamble and headaches.

AB seems like a POS. The group text may or may not have been enough by the letter of the rule to suspend him, I havent looked at the CBA wording enough to know, but it was a dumb move, and very likely may have played a part in the decision today.

Brady, BB, and Kraft all have egg on their face from this. Not that any of them care. They will just make breakfast out of it and move on.

From a fantasy perspective, move White, Edleman, Dorsett, and Gordon all up slightly.

Megalodon
jesteva wrote:The best thing for him and every one who justified his actions is to say....I was wrong.

He won't do it and unfortunately, the folks who defended or justified his actions won't either.

If you criticized him and said that NEP should never have signed him...be satisfied with the fact you were right and that no NEP fan is going to agree with you.

I dont believe I ever justified his actions, I dont think I even ever defended him here.
My take from the start was hoping it was all a he said, she said situation, and maybe he didnt do anything. Im willing to admit that is unlikely now, and he was/is a POS.

If I did defend him here, I dont remember it, but admit freely I was wrong.

*by the way, I know you werent calling me out here Jest. Just quoting you as it seems like the right quote to be honest from. I agree, none of Brady, Kraft, or BB will admit to being wrong about this.

Sand$: 40,099.51
prplhz14 wrote:Brady, BB, and Kraft all have egg on their face from this. Not that any of them care. They will just make breakfast out of it and move on.

Not much else has to be said. This sums it up perfectly
Sand$: 40,099.51
Question - does AB get a Super Bowl ring for that one game?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,313.36
Green eggs and Jets. Nomnomnomnom.

I'll see myself out.
Supreme Megalodon
It is interesting to consider the possibility that, had he paid the $2M for a settlement with full confidentiality agreement, none of this would have been made public.

Without the sexual assault allegations going public, the other stuff wouldn't have leaked and Brown may still be employed in the NFL.