Antonio Brown Dumpster Fire Thread

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,762.46
Read the parenthetical...
Blue Shark
Sand$: 360.82
If I were the GM of the Steelers, what would I do in this situation?

1.) I need to find a way to rid myself of the drama. I already let Bell walk to UFA, giving me a compensatory pick next year, which for me, is a win, as I already have a RB that is able to fill in (Connor). I then have a chance to get rid of a diva WR for possibly a 1st round pick or a player and a 2nd round pick.

2.) If I get a 1st round pick out of this, which could be possible, because I believe I could get Gruden to bite on Brown for one of their 3 1st round picks. I would try and get the best possible ILB in this draft, even if it means trading up into the Top 5 to get that player. Right now, I should be thinking that Shazier will never be able to play in the NFL again, and Bostic was a major failure for me. All the other LBs on my roster are more pass rushers than jack-of-all-trades.

3.) If I get the 'player and a 2nd round pick' option, I need a WR to fill the void. After Juju, there's not much the depth chart that I can rely on for every down. However, I need to get a young WR because Ben probably only has 2 more years left, and the next QB will need to have reliable targets when he steps in.

You're allowed to sweat, bleed, cry, and even loose bodily functions...but you are NEVER ALLOWED TO QUIT!
Sand$: 112,813.84
You already have the wr.
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,629.72
Do people think a team is going to give up a 1st for Brown? I'm not sure, but I've been thinking he wouldn't bring a 1, maybe a 2.
Jcb890 wrote:Do people think a team is going to give up a 1st for Brown? I'm not sure, but I've been thinking he wouldn't bring a 1, maybe a 2.

As the Cooper trade showed all it takes is one.

Also, as the Cooper trade showed they may end up being proven right.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,560.02
I'd guess it wouldn't be a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a late first round pick used to trade for Brown.
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,629.72
OarChambo wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Do people think a team is going to give up a 1st for Brown? I'm not sure, but I've been thinking he wouldn't bring a 1, maybe a 2.

As the Cooper trade showed all it takes is one.

Also, as the Cooper trade showed they may end up being proven right.

True, but Cooper is also quite a bit younger.

Markulous wrote:I'd guess it wouldn't be a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a late first round pick used to trade for Brown.

Would you say, maybe... #32? :D

I guess I wouldn't be upset if the Patriots gave up their 1st for Brown. He wants a contract too, which makes things more difficult and makes teams less inclined to offer that much, IMO. But, I think he would be worth it for the years he has left and the Patriots have proven time and time again they can't draft a WR.

Not sure there's many teams who would want to or could spend that draft capital on a veteran who wants a big contract also though. The team has to basically be 1 piece away from being a contender or a favorite and have a solid roster other than WR for it to make sense. Maybe similar to signing Lev Bell actually. I'm really interested to see where both wind up.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,871.96
People seem to be forgetting cooper is 6 years younger and not throwing furniture out a window.
Supreme Megalodon
On the other end of the spectrum , people seem to be forgetting that the pick most likly won’t be in this years draft.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,295.26
i can see a team offering up a mid 2nd or early 3rd plus a pick next yr for him,baggage plus age plus taking on his 13.5 million avg pay going forward or having to give him a new deal,steelers will not get value for getting rid of ab
rugger48 wrote:People seem to be forgetting cooper is 6 years younger and not throwing furniture out a window.

And you seem to be forgetting how Cooper was valued a few months ago. I don't think anyone's offering a 1 for AB but I'm not gonna be blown away if the Steelers get a few 2 (plus?) offers, stand their ground, then someone blinks and offers the 1. Kinda like what (probably) happened with Cooper.
Sand$: 41,616.09
The Steelers HAVE to trade him now so their only hope to somehow get a first rounder is to get a bidding war.

I think he ends up getting traded for a 2020 2nd and a 2021 4th

As Oar said it only takes one team but I’ll go one step further and say it only takes one dumb team to outbid themselves

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Sand$: 41,616.09

Ha! Too late

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
rugger48 wrote:People seem to be forgetting cooper is 6 years younger and not throwing furniture out a window.

And you seem to be forgetting how Cooper was valued a few months ago. I don't think anyone's offering a 1 for AB but I'm not gonna be blown away if the Steelers get a few 2 (plus?) offers, stand their ground, then someone blinks and offers the 1. Kinda like what (probably) happened with Cooper.

Still not 6 years younger and throwing funiture our a window.
Supreme Megalodon
His value goes down post draft, goes back up after the start of the regular season.
Last edited by rugger48 on Wed 02.27.2019, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.