Antonio Brown Dumpster Fire Thread

Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,365.36
8)

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,701.12
Right now, in March, I don't see myself taking either one of them.
I'm not convinced JuJu sees a whole lot more than he saw last year and he'll be facing tougher coverage.
AB goes to a weaker team both Off/Def at least on paper. I have doubts that he'll keep his head on straight if that team is getting stomped every week. He'll still be seeing the best coverage, and reduced to 2nd half catch up mode/garbage time stats. Agreed, they'll likely both get theirs, at least in attempts, but I not convinced that that will be as much as some will think. They'll both be going too early for me.
Megalodon
Sand$: 82,947.40
bluemist wrote:
jesteva wrote:I see every PIT game so I'm not taking some pundit or posters commentary on this.

AB was doubled a LOT freeing up JuJu to at least work single coverage. The amount of times Roethlisbergers forced the ball into 2x coverage on AB is a stat I'll try to find but it feels like a lot.

Not to mention that AB always saw the opposing team's #1 CB. Ju Ju is very good, but it will be interesting to see how he handles the increased attention.

Juju has played 3 games without Brown and scored a TD in all 3.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,214.46
How many WRs who play 2nd fiddle to another wr seeing double coverage go off for 111 1400+. 7. Tds?

I mean I get “ AB took the attention away” stuff , but that done great production regardless.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.98
Anti-climactic end to the Antonio Brown saga, IMO.
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,319.34
Almost every great receiver was a #2 at some point. It's pretty rare for someone to come in and step into the shoes of the #1 right off the bat. I can't think of many.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,214.46
und2006 wrote:Almost every great receiver was a #2 at some point. It's pretty rare for someone to come in and step into the shoes of the #1 right off the bat. I can't think of many.

Sure, but run those numbers up against WRs who were in a similiar situation , how many put up this type of stats in the same situation. Ju ju also puts a lot work during the off-season.

Really can’t ask for a better situation for him right now to step into a #1 wr role.
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,319.34
rugger48 wrote:
und2006 wrote:Almost every great receiver was a #2 at some point. It's pretty rare for someone to come in and step into the shoes of the #1 right off the bat. I can't think of many.

Sure, but run those numbers up against WRs who were in a similiar situation , how many put up this type of stats in the same situation. Ju ju also puts a lot work during the off-season.

Really can’t ask for a better situation for him right now to step into a #1 wr role.

I don't think we disagree, I was saying that it's rare for someone to be the #1 from the day they are drafted. People are acting like no #2 has ever stepped into a #1 role before, but I'm saying it happens all the time so there is no reason to think Juju can't do it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,934.68
DELTA6TWO wrote:Anti-climactic end to the Antonio Brown saga, IMO.

Oh, this reality show has just begun. So if you're into that sorta thing don't change the channel yet. But if you care more about actual football and not about the real housewives of Chucky and Thumb Face continue to mostly ignore but occasionally chuckle from afar.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,026.56
endzoneview wrote:The Raiders got better
The Raiders got a hell of a deal
Yeah, they had to make him the highest paid WR but guess what, he’s the best WR in the game
The contract is only for 3 years which takes him through his prime
This reminds me of TO post-Niners. He did ok in Philly and Dallas, right?

With that said, I’m glad he isn’t in New York.

Good luck Raiders fans. It’s going to be a wild ride.

Great summary. If you're the Raiders, this is a great deal.
If you're AB, good to get the money.

SJSwarm wrote:
canadianraiderfan wrote:So basically we gave Amari Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio Brown and a 1st... I take that deal 7 days a week.

But remember, Gruden doesn’t know what he’s doing! Lol

They lucked into this trade though with AB going off the deep end. WR's are generally divas, but this isn't something you can bank on.

AB said he wanted to go somewhere to win... so he went with the Raiders? Perhaps that was his best option I suppose. Much better than the Bills, lol. That was pretty funny, gotta feel bad for the Bills and Bills fans.

For the Steelers and FF, no worries for me about JuJu, he looks like a talented WR and should be fine. He's done fine previously when Brown has been out.

The Steelers got completely screwed on this one, taking huge cap hits and losing a top-end WR for a 3rd and 5th round pick. Just brutal.

Will he dye his mustache silver now?
Last edited by Jcb890 on Mon 03.11.2019, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 118,934.68
AB says lots of things, but his actions say the only thing that drove this decision was money - not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm curious how much of this money is actually deferred until 2020, when he won't be taxed nearly as much.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 909.98
AB won this, through and through. The Raiders may be better off than they were, but Carr is the big question. Can he utilize Brown's talents? It sure seems like Brown has seen the last of any real winning, other than financially.

It also feels like the Steelers let their collective ego bamboozle them here.
Sand$: 40,444.99
From a fantasy prospective-

JuJu is going to be fine
AB is going to get his
Someone else (Washington?) will emerge on the fantasy radar in Pitt
Someone else (TBD) will emerge on the fantasy radar in Oak thanks to the attention AB will draw
Ben will be fine
Carr is now rosterable
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
endzoneview wrote:From a fantasy prospective-

JuJu is going to be fine
AB is going to get his
Someone else (Washington?) will emerge on the fantasy radar in Pitt
Someone else (TBD) will emerge on the fantasy radar in Oak thanks to the attention AB will draw
Ben will be fine
Carr is now rosterable

I would agree with that. I still probably will let someone else draft Brown because I don't trust Oakland, but in theory he should be a safe pick.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,541.70

Article sums up my thoughts, dude (JuJu)is ready to be a #1

No argument w the "ready".... AB already is a #1

We're splitting hairs a bit and both very easily could finish as top 5 WRs this year.