Mike McCarthy fired

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 22,061.42
Well, Jam, in his defense he thought Manning sucked too. And Suh. Khalil Mack sucks. Russell Wilson sucks. Rodgers has been holding the Packers back. It's all so clear, but he can't make you drink of his wisdom.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,543.12
Elmagister wrote:Well, Jam, in his defense he thought Manning sucked too. And Suh. Khalil Mack sucks. Russell Wilson sucks. Rodgers has been holding the Packers back. It's all so clear, but he can't make you drink of his wisdom.

Also Cooper Kupp<Treadwell :D
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,200.24
Not going to get into anything adversarial :thumbright:

I dont feel that way about it -S'christmas innit.

Looking fwds to: egg nog, die hard (again), family, whisky, ale, loved ones, more egg nog, playing with the dog, presents, more whiskey etc etc :D

Everyone can say i like player X more than Y. I can differ, but i cant say youre wrong. Not how opinions work, right?

But if someone says I like X more than Y because of dot dot dot? Yeah, i can chime in then.

Ultimately? Its neither here nor there - and yes i finished work on Friday for the year.Early fro the first time in forever.

If Rugger was here i might even give him a big man hug

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
In other news:

Classy move MM =D>

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,025.62
birddog wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:Like I told my 9yr old niece last night as I helped her with her math homework.

Its not my homework. I'll help you, but I'm not going to do it for you.. and show your work.

;)

That was my point :thumbright:

It was HER homework.

Maybe i misread it, but it looked like YOU are the one saying that divisions make a difference?

... But - again unless ive read it wrong - youre asking OTHERS to do the working out for you and refusing point blank to do it yourself.

I made my point(s) clearly w/in the og NO/GB comparison.. someone else tossed out the AFC East team.. then I helped 'em a bit.

Its pretty clear.

you made your point, but then und proved it to be completely wrong. then you came back with a list of individual players that youd rather have from one division over the other like it somehow proves your point to be right.

youre trying to say that one division has been more competitive than the other and therefore diminish what Rodgers has done even though those 2 divisions have almost identical records outside of their division.

Megalodon

Daboll? Nah, I mean howd that even work :F

BD: A-a-ron, this is the Bama playbook. Have a read over January, itll help bring you up to speed with the O when we go for installations next year
    AR: Hey, Brian ... Its 400 pages long
    BD: Yeah. That a problem?
    AR: Nope, well i mean yeah. Yeah its a problem - Theres only 10 passes in it. Ten.
    BD: Yep. It works. Defense + Run game. Aww now, hey... Dont cry, big guy ... We got a few designed runs in there for you.

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,508.48
birddog wrote:
und2006 wrote:Further North vs South analysis.

Out of division games since 2009:

North is 215-200-0
South is 217-200-1

Practically identical in out of division games. The idea that the South has been so much better than the North so you cant compare Brees and Rodgers is complete bunk.

Soo hypothetically... essentially you'd prefer the Packers had Ponder/Adrian -or- Cutler/?.. Alshon? over Cam/Smitty/Olsen/Dwill or Ryan/White/Julio/Gonzo/Turner ...

Re: more competitive/desireable

What are you selling again, und?.. 'cause I'm not buying that schit.

You're being intentionally obtuse at this point.

I made my point and you have completely and utterly failed to make yours as literally everyone has pointed out.
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,025.62
yeah, so far the argument is:
"but, the NFC South is better than the NFC North. thats why Rodgers/McCarthy's win % is so good".

"well, actually that is not factually correct. here let me show you why".

"yeah, well would you rather have Ponder or Matt Ryan? Case closed".

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,768.32
It was time to move on from Mike. I say thank you and good riddance.

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
Sand$: 41,574.13
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is not expected to return in 2019.
McKenzie has taken a clear backseat since Jon Gruden's arrival and looks like a goner at the end of the year. Per La Canfora, Gruden has "total control" of the organization and plans to overhaul the team's front office and scouting departments. The Raiders are in the early stages of a lengthy rebuild and that process figures to continue upon the team's move to Las Vegas in 2020. At least the Raiders have plenty of draft capital after acquiring first-round picks for Amari Cooper and Khalil Mack.

#asexpected

Is McKenzie/McCarthy a package option?
Not sure what kind of relationship they had though. Thoughts?

#NewJackCity
”I want players who hate losing more than they love winning”
Megalodon

- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,543.12
Yeah, he doesn't seem like a big improvement, both him and McCarthy seem to be mediocre coaches.
Megalodon
In his defense, the 1st challenge I can't see how it was upheld. I legitimately do no understand... no one offered any explanation, Blandino disagreed, ect.

The 2nd one... ooooof...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,526.26
https://sports.yahoo.com/former-packers ... 19966.html

Moss sat down with the Fox “NFL Kickoff” personalities on Sunday morning and hit on a few topics. Several of his answers indicated that Rodgers has too much power within the franchise.

“It didn’t work out this year,” Moss said when asked why McCarthy and Rodgers’ relationship didn’t work. “But you go back through the course of when Aaron Rodgers got his shot starting in 2008, they have grown exponentially together. They have created one of the most dynamic duos in the National Football League.

“Aaron Rodgers is going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Mike McCarthy’s résumé speaks for itself.”

But Moss let other feelings about Rodgers show when he was asked who he believes would be the best coach for Rodgers.

“Aaron Rodgers has been the head coach for the last nine years,” Moss said, theatrically looking to his left then up to the ceiling for several seconds. “Just joking, just joking.”

But he clearly wasn’t. The Packers’ braintrust said last week that Rodgers won’t help determine who the team hires as its next head coach. Moss was asked if he believed that.

“Yeah,” he said with an exaggerated wink. “I believe that.”

Moss followed, “They should listen to his input, but the final decision should rest on who the decision-makers would like to choose to lead this organization moving forward.”

Wow the more this guy talks the more you realize he's a piece of hot garbage.

He's a mini Hue Jackson. Head of the LB corps and he blames rookies and injuries for 12 years of mediocre line-backing.

Yeah, Rodgers does call the shots, I believe that. He's the guy extending plays on the field and making it up when plays break down.

But Rodgers is not responsible for missed challenges, calling plays based on situational probabilities, or poor clock management.
Megalodon
jnadke wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/former-packers-coach-winston-moss-aaron-rodgers-coach-nine-years-163519966.html

Moss sat down with the Fox “NFL Kickoff” personalities on Sunday morning and hit on a few topics. Several of his answers indicated that Rodgers has too much power within the franchise.

“It didn’t work out this year,” Moss said when asked why McCarthy and Rodgers’ relationship didn’t work. “But you go back through the course of when Aaron Rodgers got his shot starting in 2008, they have grown exponentially together. They have created one of the most dynamic duos in the National Football League.

“Aaron Rodgers is going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. Mike McCarthy’s résumé speaks for itself.”

But Moss let other feelings about Rodgers show when he was asked who he believes would be the best coach for Rodgers.

“Aaron Rodgers has been the head coach for the last nine years,” Moss said, theatrically looking to his left then up to the ceiling for several seconds. “Just joking, just joking.”

But he clearly wasn’t. The Packers’ braintrust said last week that Rodgers won’t help determine who the team hires as its next head coach. Moss was asked if he believed that.

“Yeah,” he said with an exaggerated wink. “I believe that.”

Moss followed, “They should listen to his input, but the final decision should rest on who the decision-makers would like to choose to lead this organization moving forward.”

Wow the more this guy talks the more you realize he's a piece of hot garbage.

He's a mini Hue Jackson. Head of the LB corps and he blames rookies and injuries for 12 years of mediocre line-backing.

Yeah, Rodgers does call the shots, I believe that. He's the guy extending plays on the field and making it up when plays break down.

But Rodgers is not responsible for missed challenges, calling plays based on situational probabilities, or poor clock management.

Wow... this is how to not get another job 101.

Is he gonna be Greg Jennings 2.0?