Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,523.46
Oh, right, and Calvin Johnson. That's a plus.

Also :lol:

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,398.48
I don't think Stafford is all that great of a QB either. He's an average starter maybe, so you could do much worse, but they should still be trying to develop QBs behind him.
Sand$: 112,079.58
Markulous wrote:I don't think Stafford is all that great of a QB either. He's an average starter maybe, so you could do much worse, but they should still be trying to develop QBs behind him.

This isn't really all that feasible under this cba. Backups get less reps than they used to up until September, when they start to get no reps. Plus coaches don't care about developing players that could help in future years. They need to win now or they lose their job. Maximize what you have around your starter and you improve your chances. The NFL isn't a structure that breeds development.
Supreme Megalodon
I agree with that. Which more or less means the Lions are stuck in QB purgatory until Staffird retires.

Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:I don't think Stafford is all that great of a QB either. He's an average starter maybe, so you could do much worse, but they should still be trying to develop QBs behind him.

This isn't really all that feasible under this cba. Backups get less reps than they used to up until September, when they start to get no reps. Plus coaches don't care about developing players that could help in future years. They need to win now or they lose their job. Maximize what you have around your starter and you improve your chances. The NFL isn't a structure that breeds development.

It's unfortunate. I think if there were forward thinking coaches/GMs, it could be feasible, but I think you hit the nail on the head about them being in a win now mode. If you have an owner like Khan that clearly is way too tolerant, they'd be given time to do that.
Supreme Megalodon
Although the Pats have made a profitable practice of drafting/developing QBs behind Brady. But he’s underpaid and Belichick is more secure than any coach ever, so I’m not sure that’s a scalable model.

Megalodon
vonbearsalot wrote:Although the Pats have made a profitable practice of drafting/developing QBs behind Brady. But he’s underpaid and Belichick is more secure than any coach ever, so I’m not sure that’s a scalable model.

It's a scalable model if owners all realized that developing future talent would be a great long term solution and they'd be more successful overall, but unfortunately a lot of people aren't forward thinking. And not to get political, but I think Americans tend to be big offenders of this due to how a lot of problems we have are addressed after the fact and reactionary, rather than precautionary.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,698.92
Trans should draft more Rutgers players.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 991.18
Elmagister wrote:Trans should draft more Rutgers players.

Yes.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,698.92
Damn this phone.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,399.74

You can always tell them by their adam's apples.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 991.18
hawkdogger wrote:

You can always tell them by their adam's apples.

you gotta keep up, doctors shave those off now a days

now if you're talking about someone who enjoys crossdressing but isn't actually trans, then yes, the adam's apple is something to look for
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 28,773.08

I knew what he meant.

It had nothing to do with drag racing, Farrah Moan, Queen or Ray Rice.
Sand$: 112,079.58
Markulous wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:Although the Pats have made a profitable practice of drafting/developing QBs behind Brady. But he’s underpaid and Belichick is more secure than any coach ever, so I’m not sure that’s a scalable model.

It's a scalable model if owners all realized that developing future talent would be a great long term solution and they'd be more successful overall, but unfortunately a lot of people aren't forward thinking. And not to get political, but I think Americans tend to be big offenders of this due to how a lot of problems we have are addressed after the fact and reactionary, rather than precautionary.

There are reasons bad teams stay bad.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
Markulous wrote:

There are reasons bad teams stay bad.

:( I know, it sucks.