Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,358.94
stafford is the least of the loins problems.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
Elmagister wrote:Commodity

Did I use the wrong word, Elm?

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
getdownmmmkay wrote:stafford is the least of the loins problems.

Yup

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Sand$: 40,070.27
birddog wrote:
Elmagister wrote:Commodity

Did I use the wrong word, Elm?

:lol:
Lions hire OC Darrell Bevell: F Grade

Good lord, what are the Lions doing? Darrell Bevell has been one of the worst NFL coordinators, on either side of the ball, over the past 15 years. It was puzzling as to why the Lions would hire him, but apparently, he wasn't near the top of their wish list. Detroit tried to hire several people as offensive coordinator, but the candidates turned them down. Thus, they went with their fourth or fifth choice in Bevell.

Even still, this seems like a terrible move. I can't imagine that the Lions couldn't hire some desperate quarterbacks coach with some upside to take the job. Bevell offers no upside.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,097.60
Oof. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I think this tells me that Patricia wants little to do with the offense. He doesn't want to baby sit somebody but wants a scapegoat for next year.

Unfortunately he is his own scapegoat for next year which is why no decent OC wanted to go there

He’s atop the 2019 hot seat thread
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,007.21

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 48,358.94
endzoneview wrote:Unfortunately he is his own scapegoat for next year which is why no decent OC wanted to go there

Yes. He is. Deservedly so. What is somewhat sucky is that Quinn's fate is now tied to him and he's had a couple pretty good drafts of late

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
getdownmmmkay wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Unfortunately he is his own scapegoat for next year which is why no decent OC wanted to go there

Yes. He is. Deservedly so. What is somewhat sucky is that Quinn's fate is now tied to him and he's had a couple pretty good drafts of late

Maybe Quinn can get a re-do
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,781.50
endzoneview wrote:Lions hire OC Darrell Bevell: F Grade

Good lord, what are the Lions doing? Darrell Bevell has been one of the worst NFL coordinators, on either side of the ball, over the past 15 years. It was puzzling as to why the Lions would hire him, but apparently, he wasn't near the top of their wish list. Detroit tried to hire several people as offensive coordinator, but the candidates turned them down. Thus, they went with their fourth or fifth choice in Bevell.

Even still, this seems like a terrible move. I can't imagine that the Lions couldn't hire some desperate quarterbacks coach with some upside to take the job. Bevell offers no upside.

I actually think Bevell can help Stafford. Bevell is a run orientated guy. Stafford wont be asked to do too much.

Kerryon Johnson is going to beast this year too.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,097.60
Stafford is best when he can let loose. Not good when he is asked to game manage. That's was his problem this year, I think.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,781.50
Idk. Id rather have Stafford rely on the run and Kerryon Johnson. He will still pass but the run game should be the focal point imo

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,532.24
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Stafford is best when he can let loose. Not good when he is asked to game manage. That's was his problem this year, I think.

Is he though?

He had by far his most attempts in 2012 with 727 (10% higher than his next highest year, 12% above avg per 16 games) and he had a 20:17 TD:INT ratio. A 4-12 record, and actually (on paper) had decent protection with only 29 sacks (averages 37.3 per 16 games for his career). Incidentally, his 2018 yards per attempt were the same as 2012, he just didn't have 727 attempts to pad his stats. 2012 was also his worst full-season TD and INT rate of his career. (Only lower was his 10-game rookie season, which was...rough)

2017 and 2018 are his lowest attempt #s for a full season of his career, and they're his 2nd and 3rd best INT rates of his career. 2017 was also his best yard/attempt of his career.

His best INT rate was 2016, which was his 4th lowest attempts/season in his career (full season). His 2nd and 3rd best TD rates came in seasons he had less than 600 attempts (career average 651.3/`16 games). His best four seasons in completion % were all under 600 attempts. 3 of his top 4 season in QB rating were less than 600 attempts.

Basically Stafford had a really good (outlier) season in 2011 where he threw for over 5000 yards and 41 TDs and led a team that had always lost to a surprise 10-6 season in his first full season as a starter, and he's been coasting on that ever since. His TD rate that season was 41% above his career average, which is an insane outlier. (INT rate was right at career avg, FWIW.) It's also his only season over 600 attempts where he had higher than career-average completion percentage. His best statistical seasons, though, at least per-attempt (TD, INT, QB Rating, Completion %, Y/A, etc) are when he's been asked to do the least.

Well, his rushing yards were down in 2018. So there's that.

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Chiefs fired Bob Sutton