Who signs Bell?

Poll ended at Fri 03.22.2019, 16:43

New York Jets
15
36%
Oakland Raiders
6
14%
Philadelphia Eagles
0
No votes
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2
5%
Baltimore Ravens
2
5%
Indianapolis Colts
6
14%
San Francisco 49ers
2
5%
Houston Texans
3
7%
Miami Dolphins
2
5%
Other
4
10%
 
Total votes : 42
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52339
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,262.65
Someone got the topic rolling in the free agency thread but I’d figure I’d better get its own topic going as it will be a hit topic this offseason.

I’m hoping Jets but I’m thinking he ends up in Tampa or Indy.

I’ll add a poll once we get some other options tossed into the mix
Leopard Shark
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014
Sand$: 213.70
Yes, bring me Todd Haley as OC and Bell to Tampa.
_______________________________________

16 team league: PPR: Qb/rb/wr1/wr2/wr3/te/flex1/flex2
QB: Eli Manning, Glennon
RB: Forte, CJ1ks, Andre Wills, Mckinnon, Hillman
WR: Marshall, Cruz, Wayne, Nelson
TE: Jimmy Graham, Ebron, Chase Ford
KICK: McManus
DEF: HOU, TB
User avatar
Honorary Mod (powerless)
Posts: 31946
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$: 2,001.72
Don't know, but i am 90% sure he wont be the player he was in PIT. I think that line and that offense had a lot to do with his success.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
Buccs4life wrote:Yes, bring me Todd Haley as OC and Bell to Tampa.



Nope, the Bucs need a reboot, adding 27 y/o rb at 15 million a year is a bad idea.

Projected to be very close to the cap next year, sure they can create space, but the team is a mess.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52339
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,262.65
He’s 27 that just took a year off to rest and reset his body. During the season I doubted he’d get the money he wants but the more I think about it, he’s way more attractive now having sat a year than he would have been coming off yet another high usage season. His age is not a deterrent , at all.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
endzoneview wrote:He’s 27 that just took a year off to rest and reset his body. During the season I doubted he’d get the money he wants but the more I think about it, he’s way more attractive now having sat a year than he would have been coming off yet another high usage season. His age is not a deterrent , at all.



I think it is for a team like the Bucs. There going the opposite direction than team like kc, jets, or Indy.


Also sure about how motivated he is about football.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7743
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,096.54
oakland raiders will sign leve bell to a todd gurley sized contract 4 yrs 60 with 45 guaranteed
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
First off their the Las Vegas raiders, 2nd they won’t pay him, 3rd I doubt he wants to play there.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12791
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,951.88
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:He’s 27 that just took a year off to rest and reset his body. During the season I doubted he’d get the money he wants but the more I think about it, he’s way more attractive now having sat a year than he would have been coming off yet another high usage season. His age is not a deterrent , at all.



I think it is for a team like the Bucs. There going the opposite direction than team like kc, jets, or Indy.


Also sure about how motivated he is about football.


Because getting 5-8 years of a QB wouldn't be enough?

How more motivated do you need him to be considering the injury, recuperation, re-building, signing and being traded between teams.

Bucs have a WR core that is ready now. O-line seems alright too. Its probably not that hard to make a running game work. DEF should have been a lot better than it is but is at least capable.

I don't see how this is a reset for youth.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12791
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 39,951.88
Wait, what am I talking about. I thought I was in a Teddy Bridgewater thread for some reason.
_______________________________________

Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
Bucs need a new coach, new gm, they have absentee owners who more worried about their soccer team. Oline sucks, fitz is gone, who know is winston is there next year. Defense is up and down. Need lbs safeties. Currently listed at 2 million above the cap next year.


Signing a 27y/o rb for 15+ million is bad for both sides.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7743
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,096.54
rugger48 wrote:First off their the Las Vegas raiders, 2nd they won’t pay him, 3rd I doubt he wants to play there.


1.not in las vegas yet (2020)
2.raiders will have over 100 million in cap space and need to replace marshawn lynch
3.lev bell wants money,so highest bidder will get him
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
Where are they playing next year then? I think they want out of Oakland fast, and I don’t think bell wants to play for gruden. They wont pay mack, but will pay more than anybody else for bell? Might want to rethink that.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 52339
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 40,262.65
I don’t think they know where they are playing. Maybe London. Maybe PNC Park. Maybe they get relegated and the University of Alabama joins the AFC West.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29458
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 80,331.36
I’ve read Sam Boyd is a real possibility