7%
Miami Dolphins
5%
Other
10%

Total votes : 42
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,999.74
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Steelers might still get the last laugh out of both Bell and Brown sagas.

They really showed Brown... letting one of the best WRs in the NFL go for a 3rd and 5th round pick, while taking a $21M cap hit and then he got the highest WR contract in the NFL with a bunch of guaranteed money.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,200.82
Jcb890 wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Steelers might still get the last laugh out of both Bell and Brown sagas.

They really showed Brown... letting one of the best WRs in the NFL go for a 3rd and 5th round pick, while taking a $21M cap hit and then he got the highest WR contract in the NFL with a bunch of guaranteed money.

Look I’m not going to lie , raider made a great move, but the Steelers were limited because of brown’s antics. By the from what brown said, I think Tomlin might be sharing some of the blame even more.

I don’t think tomlin wanted him there after reading some stuff.

If it was me I hold him til after tge draft and wait. I think the Steelers get better picks for 2020.

Then again I’m sitting behind a mobile phone typing this getting ready to make my son a snack.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,807.36
To be fair to the Steelers, its not like they really had any leverage whatsoever with either Brown or Bell. Well the leverage they had with Bell they already used and he was willing to sit out a season.

If players are willing to just tell their teams to GFY not really sure what the teams are supposed to do that could be considered a 'win'. They can hardball like they did with Bell, but that didn't help either side.

With Brown? He was blatantly tanking his trade value, he had no interest in doing the Steelers any favors. All they could do was not trade him and suspend him or fine him or whatever, but that still means they eat his cap number (they are anyway) and deal with the headache of him all season anyway.

They were just screwed no matter what. It will be interesting now to see how many other players (probably only stars will get away with it) take the routes Brown and Bell took. Next CBA is going to be very interesting if the owners want to try to take the power back.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,368.72
Take it for what it's worth, but this guy (Pittsburgh bookie) apparently was accurate on the AB signing (could be a dead clock accurate twice a day).

Megalodon
Sand$: 39,947.86
Jcb890 wrote:

The last laugh, not the first one.

Sand$: 40,414.11

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 129,488.14
Good deal for the Jets, but he is going to make less per year than what he walked away from in Pittsburgh. Must not have been much interest. At least not as much as Bell expected to get.

And not getting the 14.5 million he walked away from.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,368.72
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,532.24
Guarantees are why he walked away. Details of the contract will be important.

If he plays for 14.5 and has a career ending injury, he gets nothing 2019 and beyond. So yeah he left money on the table, but he also didn’t put his body in harm’s way for a year.

On the other hand, I feel pretty confident that he’s not going to fall back on a rap career. Te mumble rap album is generic as it gets.

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Sand$: 40,414.11
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,105.00
Bell is gonna be fine in NY. It’s gonna be fun come game day.
Megalodon
Could Bell have handled this any worse? He signed for less than he was offered last year.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,532.24
Jcb890 wrote:Could Bell have handled this any worse? He signed for less than he was offered last year.

No he didn’t. Last year he was offered te same deal but with rolling guarantees, which are functionally roster bonuses and not actual guarantees.

The Steelers offer had only 10 mil guaranteed. Bell saved himself a year of injury risk and got 35 mil guaranteed.

In theory if he’d played last year at 14.5 and then signed this year, sure, he’s better off. But for he had a Shazier type injury last year he doesn’t get a new contract, and he’s 20.5 mil behind.

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Megalodon
Saved himself a year of injury risk... but also didn't get paid and sat out of football for a year getting older at a position that almost never has a shelf life beyond age 30... at least for real money.

Steelers deal he also would have been out of sooner, possibly allowing another contract and guaranteed money before his career is over. Won't he be 31 when done with this NYJ deal?
Megalodon
Sand$: 41,278.08
vonbearsalot wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:Could Bell have handled this any worse? He signed for less than he was offered last year.

No he didn’t. Last year he was offered te same deal but with rolling guarantees, which are functionally roster bonuses and not actual guarantees.

The Steelers offer had only 10 mil guaranteed. Bell saved himself a year of injury risk and got 35 mil guaranteed.

In theory if he’d played last year at 14.5 and then signed this year, sure, he’s better off. But for he had a Shazier type injury last year he doesn’t get a new contract, and he’s 20.5 mil behind.

Citation needed.

Reports were that the Steelers offer had 33 mil guaranteed.