User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5946
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014
Sand$: 37,771.10
_______________________________________

where's my $2,000.
Megalodon
Posts: 20477
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009
Sand$: 22,743.86
I kinda figured teams would be wary and try him at OC first, which even then I wouldn't be super pumped about if it was my team
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12911
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 38,621.48
Huh.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12911
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 38,621.48
Well, we know where CJ Anderson is playing next year.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12911
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 38,621.48
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7618
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 27,242.90
Elmagister wrote:

Getting the band back together!


WTH?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37331
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 162,568.48
Well he has a qb now...
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55122
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,283.39
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55122
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,283.39
alot of Jets beat writers and fans really wanted McCarthy so.....

I'm ok with Gase. Seems like the best of both worlds - young offensive mind/head coach experience

Time will tell
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59631
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 121,969.40
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:alot of Jets beat writers and fans really wanted McCarthy so.....

I'm ok with Gase. Seems like the best of both worlds - young offensive mind/head coach experience

Time will tell

I'd rather have him than McCarthy.

I think he could be a good HC someday, but I really think he needed time to reflect and make changes in himself. He alienates some players. Gets cute w/playcalls--or doesn't get cute at all and calls for a draw play on third and long with a game on the line.

Not having control of the roster is a step in the right direction.

Reminds me a bit of the Browns and Mangini.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 12911
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 38,621.48
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:alot of Jets beat writers and fans really wanted McCarthy so.....

I'm ok with Gase. Seems like the best of both worlds - young offensive mind/head coach experience

Time will tell

I'd rather have him than McCarthy.

I think he could be a good HC someday, but I really think he needed time to reflect and make changes in himself. He alienates some players. Gets cute w/playcalls--or doesn't get cute at all and calls for a draw play on third and long with a game on the line.

Not having control of the roster is a step in the right direction.


You are being too kind. The guy thinks he is right all the time and is stubborn as a mule. He is no judge of player talent and falls back on archetypes he thinks knows will work in his system. Appears to have little man management skills and has no idea how to put a good set of staff together.

However, yes, I do have that feeling like an ex is going out with a workmate and I am thinking about it all the time wondering if he is going to get the best of her and it is going to be right in front of me all the time as I spiral into oblivion.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55122
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,283.39
Elmagister wrote:

Littlegirlsmilingoverhershoulderinfrontofahousefire.jpeg


Obviously not a fan but the guy gets results

I’ll be waiting by Jamal Adams twitter to see his reaction
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55122
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,283.39
You guys know I’m not listening to anything you are typing, right? :lol:
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 55122
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 41,283.39
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59631
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 121,969.40
endzoneview wrote:You guys know I’m not listening to anything you are typing, right? :lol:

I didn't pay enough attention to Gase's toxicity in Miami, but everything I've gleaned is too similar to Mangini's exit from the Jets. Then they had no time off from those teams to cool off and re-think their approach before going to another volatile situation.

I get the rose colored glasses approach, but...