New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 41,829.69
We didn't learn our lesson during free agency in regards to trusting betting lines to tell us what's going to happen?

Obviously the line is moving because that's where all the money is going. Not an indication of anything else.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,756.88
endzoneview wrote:We didn't learn our lesson during free agency in regards to trusting betting lines to tell us what's going to happen?

Obviously the line is moving because that's where all the money is going. Not an indication of anything else.

Carson Wentz went to -4000 to the Colts the day before the trade.

While theyre not 100% accurate they do have access to info the average fan doesn’t.

Hell, even the Russell Wilson trade talks were done in person and Carroll had to fly out to slam the trade talks shut.

Very possible Russ was going to be traded and then someone with a lot of pull in that organization had to stop the stupidity

Some zig when others zag. I zug.

The draft can't get here soon enough

4 more weeks of this
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,474.54
endzoneview wrote:

The draft can't get here soon enough

4 more weeks of this

What's today... believe nothing, trust no one

These next two drafts are everything if this dumb franchise to going to escape dysfunction
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,952.62
Love what the Jets are doing.
Would love it even more if they picked Fields

I'm a dude.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,946.82
endzoneview wrote:

These next two drafts are everything if this dumb franchise to going to escape dysfunction

I assume they try to trade some of the 2021 picks out into 2022 picks on draft day, and then do the same next year.

Don't want all those RFAs due for new contracts all at the same time.
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

I assume they try to trade some of the 2021 picks out into 2022 picks on draft day, and then do the same next year.

Don't want all those RFAs due for new contracts all at the same time.

This roster is barren so it would be ideal to trade down from any of those picks in the next two years and pick up future picks but if they don't, having too many RFA's that played well enough to get new contracts is a problem I can't wait to have.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,946.82
Speaking Tuesday, Jets GM Joe Douglas said it was a "fair assessment" that the team will select a quarterback at No. 2 overall.

Joe Douglas calling out stupid
Blue Shark
Sand$: 415.78
Zach Wilson = Jimmy Clausen, Rick Mirer

Jets will be cursed again drafting this guy who had his greatest season in the Covid era of a weak schedule and panzy competition. Strong arm, questionable Leadership skills, entitled background and will not excel at the NFL level.

Jets will be light years better off going with Fields or Trey lance. 2 guys who will playing 15 years from today.

Blue Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:Love what the Jets are doing.
Would love it even more if they picked Fields

100% correct

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,774.56
PigskinPete22 wrote:Zach Wilson = Jimmy Clausen, Rick Mirer

Jets will be cursed again drafting this guy who had his greatest season in the Covid era of a weak schedule and panzy competition. Strong arm, questionable Leadership skills, entitled background and will not excel at the NFL level.

Jets will be light years better off going with Fields or Trey lance. 2 guys who will playing 15 years from today.

Wilson has a huge arm, Clausen and Mirer were noodle armed.

You might not like Wilson, but that is one of the absolute worst player comps I have ever seen on this site.

#FIREGRUDEN
I'm not a Zach Wilson fan but agree, this is probably the worst comps I've read this off-season
Blue Shark
SJSwarm wrote:
PigskinPete22 wrote:Zach Wilson = Jimmy Clausen, Rick Mirer

Wilson has a huge arm, Clausen and Mirer were noodle armed.

You might not like Wilson, but that is one of the absolute worst player comps I have ever seen on this site.

Wilson does have a far quicker release and stronger arm. Im concerned with his mental aspect of his game compared to those two. Mirer wasnt Clausen mentally but he withered under duress, as will Wilson imo. He looks comparable a mix of those two.

If im a Jets fan, im soiling the sheets worried we will looking for another Qb in 3-4 years..

Blue Shark
endzoneview wrote:I'm not a Zach Wilson fan but agree, this is probably the worst comps I've read this off-season

It is if you look strictly at skill set throwing the ball, granted.