New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 41,461.87
true
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,680.66
Don't you think that the reasons why Lawrence would choose to stay in school have everything to do with coaching staff, and maybe management, and nothing to do with the rest of the roster or team?

Coaching staff should be different. Management could be different.

Ownership will be the same though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,860.58
endzoneview wrote:Jags have the tiebreaker, so all it takes is one Jets win to take them out of the running.

My bad, right, SOS works the opposite way.

Jets have the tougher schedule, so them sucking is to be expected.

Jags having an easy schedule yet still sucking means they need more help.

Jets could possibly beat the Chargers, but I doubt it. The biggest risk is NE starting Stidham week 17 when they get knocked out to see what they have and him tossing 4 picks.

On the flip-side the Jaguars potentially have winning scenarios against the Bears and maybe the Colts.

There's also the risk of NE beating all 3 of MIA, LAR, and BAL and week 17 becoming a don't-care game and Billy lets the team take the day off. Heck, maybe he sends a forfeit letter to the NFL as a screw you to the Jets. Jets win by forfeit.
Elmagister wrote:
ubertaco wrote:Don't you think that the reasons why Lawrence would choose to stay in school have everything to do with coaching staff, and maybe management, and nothing to do with the rest of the roster or team?

Coaching staff should be different. Management could be different.

Ownership will be the same though.

They will change this off season. They are very unlikely to change again the next off season.

Coaching staff will be new

The GM has only been here 1-1/2 years and didn't pick Gase or draft Darnold so it's like he got a red shirt head start with his draft class last year. This is the only bright spot I can muster at this point.
jnadke wrote:There's also the risk of NE beating all 3 of MIA, LAR, and BAL and week 17 becoming a don't-care game and Billy lets the team take the day off. Heck, maybe he sends a forfeit letter to the NFL as a screw you to the Jets. Jets win by forfeit.

I mean, I guess. I don't think NE can/will beat all three but I suppose we can revisit if they do and week 17 means nothing to them. Jags will be in the same boat playing the Colts week 17.
The Johnsons could just saddle the GM with some a head coach he doesn't want and torpedo everything Douglas wants to build. This has been the Jets MO since Rex/Tanny. My expectations are firmly low until they actually hire someone with direct ties to Douglas. Very early buzz indicates Doug Pederson will be atop the list if he's cut loose in Philly. Who knows. Plenty of time to throw names out.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
Just saw on the NFL Memes page that Cowher might be interested in the Jets job.

Lol wut?

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
We can probably just mention all the dumb/never going to happen“candidates” now and get it out of our system

Cowher
Harbaugh
Holmgren
Saban
Urban Meyer
Supreme Megalodon
Harbaugh I could actually see happening. As asinine as the notion of that guy getting another shot in the NFL is, I think the Jets could be the ones that do it.

:lol:

probably
Supreme Megalodon
Cowher should just try to be like Jimmy Johnson and chill on TV forever. Keep the mystique of being a winner rather than pissing it away on something that isn’t for sure.

Cowher just seems like a guy that wants people to talk about him. Nothing more than Boomer Esiason trying to get people to write articles about him.

Not worried about Cowher. I am worried about Harbaugh. That would be a Woody move. If they go for an upstart OC/DC, then that tells me Douglas has been given full control.

So it will probably be Harbaugh.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
The Jets kept Gase... but fired their DC after last week's blitz call?

:lol: you can't make this shoot up.. Pretty sure Gase has final say in every play call.. and that would've been the perfect time to say.. "I don't think that's a good idea".

Scapegoating 101

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
When you are 0-12, there is no such thing as scapegoating.

Everyone is going to be fired after this. It doesn't matter the order. Gregg had to go after that because the players were calling me out. Not only the players, but the defensive captain.

Gase also said he should have called a timeout when he heard the play call. Ya think.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 17,122.60
Elmagister wrote:
endzoneview wrote:When you are 0-12, there is no such thing as scapegoating.

Everyone is going to be fired after this. It doesn't matter the order. Gregg had to go after that because the players were calling me out. Not only the players, but the defensive captain.

Gase also said he should have called a timeout when he heard the play call. Ya think.

Are...are you Gregg?

:lol:

I was thinkin.....naaaa