New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,788.02
Mono.....Really Darnold! Mono.....

Bell wont practice and is going for an MRI...yikes!

Trevor Siemien....Double yikes!
Sand$: 40,438.45
Whale Shark
Ahhhh....to be a bachelor in NY....LOL :lol:
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,780.88

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
I'm not even going to learn how to spell the backup's name. I don't know where to put the a or the i or the e and I don't care.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 47,780.88
it's spelled "startthebrownsdstonmondaynight"

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,999.74
I speculatively picked up Ty Montgomery in my 2 leagues. I wonder what the deal is there... anxiously awaiting updates.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,821.90
Are the JETS quietly the most dysfunctional team in the NFL?

Teams like the Raiders may get the headlines, and the Dolphins are just not even really pretending to try.

But the JETS?
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
ubertaco wrote:Are the JETS quietly the most dysfunctional team in the NFL?

Teams like the Raiders may get the headlines, and the Dolphins are just not even really pretending to try.

But the JETS?

Their coach is garbage but I don't know about them being the most dysfunctional. Redskins and Texans (and Raiders) have them beat easily
Whale Shark
getdownmmmkay wrote:it's spelled "startthebrownsdstonmondaynight"

I ran and picked them up as fast as I could :twisted:
Great White Shark
Markulous wrote:
ubertaco wrote:Are the JETS quietly the most dysfunctional team in the NFL?

But the JETS?

Their coach is garbage but I don't know about them being the most dysfunctional. Redskins and Texans (and Raiders) have them beat easily

I guess it depends a bit on how you want to use dysfunctional.

The Texans may have issues, but they win games and go to the playoffs. It's hard for me to put them in the same category as that group of teams which (outside of a fluke year here or there) are perpetually winning less than 8 games and seem to have no real direction while also having amazingly dumb things happen to them repeatedly.

Redskins probably belongs, and Lions also probably belong. Browns might sink back into that conversation as well...
They have made the dumbest decisions at coach and GM since Rex and Tanny let success go to their head. It's been over a decade.

I think they finally have a decent GM in place (TBD) and I really believe that Darnold could get them to that Super Bowl level. But there is so much work to be done it's silly. It's going to take them another 2-3 years and another coaching change to clean up the previous mess. I talked myself into this being a playoff team this year but nope. The pre-season was just lipstick on a pig.

edit - you know what, who cares
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,743.86
Texans only win because of Hopkins and Watson(mainly him). Despite their management's best efforts, they have a competitive team. They have no GM and a terrible coach making dumb decisions
Great White Shark
Markulous wrote:Texans only win because of Hopkins and Watson(mainly him). Despite their management's best efforts, they have a competitive team. They have no GM and a terrible coach making dumb decisions

That doesn't make that ultimately that different from other teams who have bad coach/GM and make dumb decisions.

The Texans though, do win 9+ games a year and go to the playoffs.

I'm looking at teams that perpetually make the wrong decision and wind up torpedoing not just their seasons, but also their ability to begin a rebuild.

If your claim is that the Texans are solely bailed out because of Watson and Hopkins I'd point you to the years before they had Watson. I think you are being far too harsh on the rest of their roster. Though I completely agree that decisions coming out of management are often dubious. But, they are not 'more' dubious than what we see the Raiders doing, or the Lions for that matter. And those teams, outside of a couple fluke years, are just terrible year in and year out.
Whale Shark
I tried to warn against Gase!

Monday morning my friends were I can't believe NY gave up a 16 point lead....I told them I can, Adam Gase!

I mean Buffalo tried so hard to give the Jets this game.