New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 40,922.15
bluemist wrote:On a brighter note, once they fire Gase then every offensive player should improve next year, right?

Hell, Sam may be headed to the Pro Bowl in 2021.

Looking ahead to next year -

QB - very doubtful they continue to roll with Darnold as a starter. They won't be lucky enough to get the 1st overall pick so Trevor Lawrence is a pipe dream. They'll probably go shopping for a vet but who that will depend on who they trick into being the next coach. Free agent QB's are thin, probably led by Andy Dalton. I doubt the Pats let Cam walk. Same with the Cowboys and Dak.

RB - Bell will be gone, no more guaranteed money. Gore and Ballage will be gone. Perrine will be in his second year but he's not a starter. Not worried about RB though, they can find something above average in free agency.

WR - Crowder, no gtd money. Everyone else on this roster are just one year fillers besides Mims who will also be in his second year.

TE - Herndon will be in the last year of his deal. A second contract doesn't look likely at this point. Ryan Griffin is a warm body. Going to need to upgrade here.

O-line - they have one center piece for the future in Becton. Going to need 4 more. McGovern is the only one that has a GTD money left for next year and he has been the worst rated center so far this year.

Free agency in general - unless you get a coach people want to play for, this team isn't attracting any real talent unless they do what they've done and overpay which obviously always comes back and bites you in the butt.

Improvement next year? Don't count on it.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,029.30
endzoneview wrote:
bluemist wrote:On a brighter note, once they fire Gase then every offensive player should improve next year, right?

Looking ahead to next year -

QB - very doubtful they continue to roll with Darnold as a starter. They won't be lucky enough to get the 1st overall pick so Trevor Lawrence is a pipe dream. They'll probably go shopping for a vet but who that will depend on who they trick into being the next coach. Free agent QB's are thin, probably led by Andy Dalton. I doubt the Pats let Cam walk. Same with the Cowboys and Dak.

RB - Bell will be gone, no more guaranteed money. Gore and Ballage will be gone. Perrine will be in his second year but he's not a starter. Not worried about RB though, they can find something above average in free agency.

WR - Crowder, no gtd money. Everyone else on this roster are just one year fillers besides Mims who will also be in his second year.

TE - Herndon will be in the last year of his deal. A second contract doesn't look likely at this point. Ryan Griffin is a warm body. Going to need to upgrade here.

O-line - they have one center piece for the future in Becton. Going to need 4 more. McGovern is the only one that has a GTD money left for next year and he has been the worst rated center so far this year.

Free agency in general - unless you get a coach people want to play for, this team isn't attracting any real talent unless they do what they've done and overpay which obviously always comes back and bites you in the butt.

Improvement next year? Don't count on it.

QB - Trubisky should be available. The Bears will even throw in some draft picks with him, too, because that's what they do.

RB - There are some good names who will need new teams next year - Aaron Jones and Chris Carson are probably sick of team success and are looking for more money, attention, and the chance to play with a top 5 2022 draft pick.

WR - Chris Godwin and JuJu top the list of FA receivers, but Sammy Watkins seems like the kind of guy the Jets will aggressively go after as their top target, get 1 really good game from him, and then lose him to injury and apathy the rest of the season (as is the custom shared by the Jets and Watkins)

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,751.12

I fear Sam may be irrevocably broken. Maybe he turns into Tannehill, but I think we're several years away from that, his development has been too stunted.

Now other players.... one reason I wasn't overly scared about taking Mims in a dyno was the dream that Gase will be gone after this year... so yes, I do think other players will be looking up. But I mean.... there's no where else to go, right?

I'm a dudette. Image

Oy ve
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,884.06
Why do people insist on picking final scores like 23-22?

How many times in history has a team not just finished with 22 points but ever actually had 22 points (baring waiting on a PAT) at any point in any game?

I realize this is a kind of stupid pet peeve to have, but I have it none the less.

The most common score for an NFL game is actually 20-17, though I'm not sure if that should be adjusted for the last 10 years or if that one is all time. Interestingly the most common point total for an NFL game is 41, 2nd place is 44.
I posted more due to the Gen Stat on how open the WR's have been but yeah, I guess that's a weird score. I never pay attention to pundits predicting exact scores though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,884.06
Yeah, I got your point, interesting point, highlighting Darnolds inaccuracy or inability to go through progressions or something.

Sorry I hijacked you with my stupid pet peeve :D
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 37,028.92
I fear Sam may be irrevocably broken.

NFL Network radio guys including Charlie Weiss have alluded to as much.

Jets definitely in line for 1.01 and Trevor Lawrence next year.
jesteva wrote:

if they lose tonight

Someone said this was the Trevor Tiebreaker game.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,485.50
hands off future Lake Superior Football Club's quarterback.

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,994.28
jesteva wrote:

Fat Charlie couldn't find his own dick if he lifted his gut and was handed a flashlight.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 26,994.28
endzoneview wrote:
jesteva wrote:

if they lose tonight

Someone said this was the Trevor Tiebreaker game.

Must see TV
Appointment viewing
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 37,028.92
hawkdogger wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Fat Charlie couldn't find his own dick if he lifted his gut and was handed a flashlight.

A broke clock is right twice a day.

If it was only him, I get your point. It's not just him saying his confidence is practically zero right now and his sideline body language speaks volumes to that. That's from 2 former NFL QBs Brady Quinn and Jim Miller.

No one is saying that Darnold is the biggest reason that the Jets look so bad.
Chum
Sand$: 67.14
anybody think Kalen Ballage has sneaky potential down the line... due to the chaos or whatevs
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,029.30
Fat.Surfer wrote:anybody think Kalen Ballage has sneaky potential down the line... due to the chaos or whatevs

Clearly the Jets do, which should strongly suggest that the answer is "No, it's fine to completely ignore him."

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders