New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 40,451.73
The Jets are going to cruise into the bye at 0-9

It's really going to test their "we don't fire coaches mid-season" stance

My guess, they axe both Gase and Gregg Williams over the bye, make the ST Coach HC - Brant Boyer, elevate Jim Bob Cooter to OC, Frank Bush to DC.

The only problem doing that, is with some competent coaching, they might win a game or two. If they keep Gase, they are virtually guaranteeing themselves the 1st pick.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 310.76
sctroyfan wrote:of the two I'm assuming he might be helping, rather than running, for a while

I'd probably take Bama and the points honestly. At least Saban wouldn't call runs up the gut on 2 & 25
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
GranolaJoe wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:of the two I'm assuming he might be helping, rather than running, for a while

I'd probably take Bama and the points honestly. At least Saban wouldn't call runs up the gut on 2 & 25

Because you and your money are soon parted.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 310.76
On a serious note, why is everyone all excited for the Jets to get Lawrence?

What have any of you seen, based on organizational track record, that they'd get it right?

Because franchise history dictates that at best, they'd go 7-9 or 8-8 one year with Lawrence, then his entire career would go south because of organizational blunders. I mean, they hired Gase literally because Peyton Manning said so.

It's a serious valid question
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,433.02
endzoneview wrote:yeah, I thought I did too until I saw Joe Flacco in one

Will you please nuke every post in this thread after this one? I promise not to tell anyone.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,541.50
GranolaJoe wrote:

Umm.... this is just getting stupid.

It doesn't matter what Alabama does to the Jets offense if Alabama can't score points.

And on the opposite side the whole Jets have 52 players of college top performers thing the Jets will just target the worst player on the 'Bama defense and have a field day on offense.

The 49ers OLine is generally regard to be average to above average this year in the NFL, and the Jets DLine still did this to them:

That's what Alabama vs Jets would look like, every play of the game.
GranolaJoe wrote:On a serious note, why is everyone all excited for the Jets to get Lawrence?

What have any of you seen, based on organizational track record, that they'd get it right?

Because franchise history dictates that at best, they'd go 7-9 or 8-8 one year with Lawrence, then his entire career would go south because of organizational blunders. I mean, they hired Gase literally because Peyton Manning said so.

It's a serious valid question

no one is excited for the Jets to get Lawrence.

But it's all Jets fans have.

I wouldn't blame him if he decided to return to school or force a trade. In fact, he should.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,139.36
ya, hope is not a plan but it sure can make a fan feel better

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:no one is excited for the Jets to get Lawrence.

I wouldn't blame him if he decided to return to school or force a trade. In fact, he should.

I think every team can be turned around. KC was bad for a decade+ until Reid and Mahomes went there.

The big thing is the culture. Getting Gase out will be healthy of course.

But the question is whether Joe Douglas is garbage or dealt a bad hand. You can't ship off most of the star players on your defense without repercussions.

Joe is building a future with the picks he's accumulated and doing well in getting the Jets young, but he has to hit on those picks or he's out in 3 years.
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:no one is excited for the Jets to get Lawrence.

I think every team can be turned around. KC was bad for a decade+ until Reid and Mahomes went there.

The big thing is the culture. Getting Gase out will be healthy of course.

But the question is whether Joe Douglas is garbage or dealt a bad hand. You can't ship off most of the star players on your defense without repercussions.

Joe is building a future with the picks he's accumulated and doing well in getting the Jets young, but he has to hit on those picks or he's out in 3 years.

Yes
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,613.70

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
Griffimo wrote:

This guy went on to say that Alabama could beat the Jets.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 42,613.70
Elmagister wrote:This guy went on to say that Alabama could beat the Jets.

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,967.76
While watching the Bama/Georgia game Saturday their was a discussion of whether you could field an NFL team with the talent from the 2 team's rosters. Take all the players from the squads and give them 4 years and see how many superstars, All-Pros, starters and backups you would have.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.