New York Jets Perpetual Rebuild Thread

Sand$: 41,441.87
obviously you guys need to keep your expectations in check but this is obviously good news. Up to Gase to stick with it though.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,304.26
expectations are tempered but if I have to start him for any reason it's more positive now than before this news.. hopefully

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Sam Darnold has 3 passing TD's this season

There have been 62 games where QB's have thrown for 3 or more TD's in one game this season

Only four starting QB's haven't thrown for 3 or more TD's in one game - Daniel Jones, Wentz, Cam Newton and Bridgewater.

Sam Darnold doesn't even lead his team with passing TD's - that's Joe Flacco

This is my favorite week of the season, the bye week.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,938.08
endzoneview wrote:Sam Darnold has 3 passing TD's this season

There have been 62 games where QB's have thrown for 3 or more TD's in one game this season

Only four starting QB's haven't thrown for 3 or more TD's in one game - Daniel Jones, Wentz, Cam Newton and Bridgewater.

That's a feelsbad for anyone who believes Darnold isn't part of the problem. #-o

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,704.46
Is this THE buy low opportunity?
Or can we get lower?

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark

I guess maybe ( most likely ) I was wrong about Darnold coming out of SC.. I watched most of his college games and while he was a bit frenetic at times he got control pretty quick and was effective. I figured he'd sort that out but alas, maybe he was just a good college QB and unable to take the next step..

Or maybe he just needs a different situation. But it's gotten to the point where I can't really defend him any longer even though it's the Jets with myriad of issues.

William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
sctroyfan wrote:

I guess maybe ( most likely ) I was wrong about Darnold coming out of SC.. I watched most of his college games and while he was a bit frenetic at times he got control pretty quick and was effective. I figured he'd sort that out but alas, maybe he was just a good college QB and unable to take the next step..

Or maybe he just needs a different situation. But it's gotten to the point where I can't really defend him any longer even though it's the Jets with myriad of issues.

He needs an entire new team around him. Which he’s gonna get after the jets take Trevor

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,998.00
sctroyfan wrote:

Development matters.
Darnold had a higher starting point than a lot of rookie QBs but the lack of development made Darnold regress exponentially

Does he have the natural talent to have it unlocked by a competent coaching staff on a new team so he can have a Tannehill-esque rebirth? I believe so.
Damn, that Jags/Packers game hurt

Current Draft Order - 7 weeks to go

Pick Team Record Win% GB SOS Streak
1 NY Jets next week @ SD 0-9 .000 -- .586 Lost 9
2 Jacksonville next week vPITT 1-8 .111 1.0 .553 Lost 8
3 Dallas next week @Minn 2-7 .222 2.0 .472 Lost 4
4 Washington next week vCIN 2-7 .222 2.0 .473 Lost 2
5 LA Chargers next week vNYJ 2-7 .222 2.0 .503 Lost 3
6 HoustonMIA next week vNEP 2-7 .222 2.0 .564 Lost 1
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:Darnold had a higher starting point than a lot of rookie QBs but the lack of development made Darnold regress exponentially

Does he have the natural talent to have it unlocked by a competent coaching staff on a new team so he can have a Tannehill-esque rebirth? I believe so.

Not comparing their skillsets but I felt like, considering the teams, that Darnold would at least be able to have a few Burrow type games.. Understand that's also coaching though.

For Flacco to be ahead of Darnold in PTD's is convicting. I also agree with your Tanny example.

William G. McAdoo
sctroyfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Darnold had a higher starting point than a lot of rookie QBs but the lack of development made Darnold regress exponentially

Not comparing their skillsets but I felt like, considering the teams, that Darnold would at least be able to have a few Burrow type games.. Understand that's also coaching though.

For Flacco to be ahead of Darnold in PTD's is convicting. I also agree with your Tanny example.

YES

But when you watch the games I don't know if it's Darnold not taking shots or the coaches game plan that neuters Darnold's thinking. Probably a little of both. It feels like the coaches don't trust him and vice versa. I wouldn't blame Darnold for not trusting Gase.
Great White Shark
I probably shoulda specified "good" Burrow games but figured it would be implied. Here however...? Could have thrown this entirely off the rails trying to explain what I meant there

William G. McAdoo
Jets are sitting Darnold this week with a sprained AC joint. I'm skeptical of how hurt he is.

They are fooling themselves if they think they are going to get another performance from Flacco like he had last game but I think they want to roll with a vet in a "winnable" game to at least get one win on the season. That's the feeling I'm getting. Good luck with that.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 317,110.47
They don’t know what they are doing

Image Image