Kyler Murray - Arizona Cardinal

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 79,246.90
Markulous wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Now that I’m looking at it, this isn’t good for nfl teams. How do nfl teams try to approach this?

Well tomorrow is the deadline to declare. If he does declare, I would think there would be enough time between now and then to sort it all out. If he isn't going to spring training with the A's then it's a good sign he isn't going to play baseball

Ok, but if a Nfl team drafts him in the 1st, what’s to stop him from changing his mind if the athletics decide to offer him a contract post nfl draft?
Megalodon
Sand$: 75,386.76
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:Are salaries in baseball lower than football?

Different is the word I would use, also mostly guarenteed. I would say on average, mlb salaries are higher.

Thanks. Was wondering if he was just trying to balance out any difference.

Also most draftees start in the minors.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Megalodon
Sand$: 75,386.76
rugger48 wrote:
Markulous wrote:
rugger48 wrote:Now that I’m looking at it, this isn’t good for nfl teams. How do nfl teams try to approach this?

Well tomorrow is the deadline to declare. If he does declare, I would think there would be enough time between now and then to sort it all out. If he isn't going to spring training with the A's then it's a good sign he isn't going to play baseball

Ok, but if a Nfl team drafts him in the 1st, what’s to stop him from changing his mind if the athletics decide to offer him a contract post nfl draft?

Nothing, if he gets drafted and doesn't sign a NFL contract he's eligible to be drafted again in a future NFL draft. Bo Jackson got drafted but never signed then got drafted again the next year.

Go with your gut and good luck!
Sand$: 41,275.13
Sounds like to me he’s saying if they don’t give him his money he’s going to commit to the NFL. I wouldn’t see it affecting his draft stock if he publicly did that.
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:Sounds like to me he’s saying if they don’t give him his money he’s going to commit to the NFL. I wouldn’t see it affecting his draft stock if he publicly did that.

Right, but the athletics could see where he’s drafted at and offer similar money. I’m not saying he will do it, but how many draftees have this option. I mean let’s say a team like the jags want to draft him, they have to consider the possibility of him still going to baseball. Who’s to say he won’t do it to football, when he is already doing it now to baseball.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,875.70
His Dad did almost the same thing. Got drafted by the Brewers, signed and got some money, then found out he couldn't hit a major league curve, and quit to play QB at Texas A&M. The Brewers sued him, and it got ugly iirc.
Sand$: 41,275.13
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Sounds like to me he’s saying if they don’t give him his money he’s going to commit to the NFL. I wouldn’t see it affecting his draft stock if he publicly did that.

Right, but the athletics could see where he’s drafted at and offer similar money. I’m not saying he will do it, but how many draftees have this option. I mean let’s say a team like the jags want to draft him, they have to consider the possibility of him still going to baseball. Who’s to say he won’t do it to football, when he is already doing it now to baseball.

He’s telling baseball it’s now or never and if they don’t pay him he’s going to the NFL.

He’s making the deadline tonight according to the original report
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

He’s telling baseball it’s now or never and if they don’t pay him he’s going to the NFL.

He’s making the deadline tonight according to the original report

I’m not disagreeing with you on that, he could change his mind. What I’m saying is he gets drafted 4th overall, he slated for certain contract, a’s call next day and say we will give you the same or slightly more to comeback. He basically going back on what he said earlier when he was finished with college football. He’s making the deadline because he has to declare Monday. What I’m saying is there ias a real possibility he could go back to baseball if offered more money down the road before he signs his contract for football, my thinking is because he’s doing it now to baseball.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,515.56
So, he's going to screw over the football team that drafts him because he is screwing over the baseball team that drafted him?
Supreme Megalodon
Cadence calls wrote:So, he's going to screw over the football team that drafts him because he is screwing over the baseball team that drafted him?

For money, why not?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 25,797.80
He's not screwing anyone over.
Supreme Megalodon
But he’s doing it now if he enters the draft, athletics drafted him 9th. Hes been saying up til now he was going to honor his contract
Supreme Megalodon
Just want to be clear, I have no problem with it. I’m just wondering does this come when thinking about drafting this guy top 10.
Supreme Megalodon
Oh no!

It's leverage.
Supreme Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:Just want to be clear, I have no problem with it. I’m just wondering does this come when thinking about drafting this guy top 10.

Oh, sure.