Kyler Murray - Arizona Cardinal

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,617.88
It was just really warm there so of course the measurements were all high.
Sand$: 41,726.55

Guess I should start following Gil Brandt
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,099.06
endzoneview wrote:

Guess I should start following Gil Brandt

Honest question here, I've never seen video of someone being measured at the combine... is there a good way to see that. You can tell me you could honestly see it from any significant distance clearly enough to say that definitively to 1/8 of an inch.

Now if he said he was standing right by them when they measured, but in the room? I'm calling BS on it. He's also old AF... can't tell me he has 20/20 vision.

No one else in the room is disputing that measure.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 2,602.16
Disinformation is the rule before the draft.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,531.06
Just want to pop in here to admit I was wrong. I really thought this was a leverage play to get more money from the A's.

I don't understand choosing football over baseball. Sure, it's more fun to watch and probably more fun to play, but careers are so much shorter and so much more fraught with risk.

But maybe this is just Murray's first symptoms of CTA?

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Megalodon
Sand$: 44,099.06
Cadence calls wrote:Disinformation is the rule before the draft.

Who would the disinformation about Murray's height be pointed at? They measured in front of everyone.

Who would they be trying to fool? Simplest answer is usually correct. He's about an inch taller than we thought... still pretty short for a QB.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,617.88
vonbearsalot wrote:Just want to pop in here to admit I was wrong. I really thought this was a leverage play to get more money from the A's.

I don't understand choosing football over baseball. Sure, it's more fun to watch and probably more fun to play, but careers are so much shorter and so much more fraught with risk.

I read an article on Murray suggesting that his baseball pedigree is not nearly as advanced as his football pedigree, so the early money he will make in the NFL even if he doesn't pan out as a starter is going to dwarf what he would make in baseball if he doesn't pan out.

The article also suggested he was 50/50 to make it out of the minors in baseball. Now I have no idea how accurate that is, but if he struggles at all in the minors he's never getting a huge 2nd deal.

In the NFL? Rosterable QBs are getting 8 figures for holding clip boards.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,531.06
ubertaco wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:Just want to pop in here to admit I was wrong. I really thought this was a leverage play to get more money from the A's.

I read an article on Murray suggesting that his baseball pedigree is not nearly as advanced as his football pedigree, so the early money he will make in the NFL even if he doesn't pan out as a starter is going to dwarf what he would make in baseball if he doesn't pan out.

The article also suggested he was 50/50 to make it out of the minors in baseball. Now I have no idea how accurate that is, but if he struggles at all in the minors he's never getting a huge 2nd deal.

In the NFL? Rosterable QBs are getting 8 figures for holding clip boards.

And I guess he could always go the Tebow route and pursue baseball if football doesn't work out, so I suppose it's not like the door is forever closed.

I guess I'm just an old fashioned fool who puts a high premium on a functioning brain.

I advise you foe me so you don't have to read this crap.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,965.22
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,701.39

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,246.08
Markulous wrote:

Is Gruden lurking in the shrubs across the street?
Did the Giants send anyone?
Why does NFLN still trot out Casserly to yabber on about Kyler
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,713.32
I read somewhere that the Browns never sent anyone to Baker's Pro Day.

Yeah, I’m sure the Cards will still have a private workout so in the grand scheme this means little