2019 Dynasty Trade Talk

Megalodon
Sand$: 40,097.60
Cadence calls wrote:Toss up,
But Penny might eventually have a huge ceiling.
Both guys are "eventually"

Fair trade but Penny has the great breakout potential for me.

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,470.18
I'll take Mike Williams easily in that one.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,140.10
TMaas wrote:I'll take Mike Williams easily in that one.

Most prob prefer MW. But I was loaded at WR and needed a RB bad. Have Nuk/Thomas/Tyreek/Hilton

Ingram/Drake/Breida/Rojo/Barber

Deep starting reqs. At this point I have MW worth a little more than Penny, but needed a RB so was comfortable doing the deal

Too Many League and not enough Whiskey
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,165.88
People thinking Penny is going to break out must not get how much Carroll likes Carson.

That trade is bye week filler for bye week filler as far as I am concerned, good luck predicting what weeks either of them do anything.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:People thinking Penny is going to break out must not get how much Carroll likes Carson.

That trade is bye week filler for bye week filler as far as I am concerned, good luck predicting what weeks either of them do anything.

If you are referring to me, I said he has breakout potential, not that he will break out. RBs get banged up and I don't think it is clear who is the better back. I don't care how much Carroll likes Carson right now, he will give the gig to who who thinks is the best option at any given moment. I think Penny has talent, but I get that it largely remains to be seen.

I am not a fan of Mike Williams in particular and think that if Tyrell couldn't get much work (aside from opps due to injuries) then I don't see why Mike Williams will. I think the only big game MW had last year was when Gordon, Keenan, and Tyrell were all out.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,165.88
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:People thinking Penny is going to break out must not get how much Carroll likes Carson.

If you are referring to me, I said he has breakout potential, not that he will break out. RBs get banged up and I don't think it is clear who is the better back. I don't care how much Carroll likes Carson right now, he will give the gig to who who thinks is the best option at any given moment. I think Penny has talent, but I get that it largely remains to be seen.

I am not a fan of Mike Williams in particular and think that if Tyrell couldn't get much work (aside from opps due to injuries) then I don't see why Mike Williams will. I think the only big game MW had last year was when Gordon, Keenan, and Tyrell were all out.

To have those feelings, you must have watched a lot of San Diego State games........what specifically do you like about Penny and his "talents"?

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:

To have those feelings, you must have watched a lot of San Diego State games........what specifically do you like about Penny and his "talents"?

I think he is a good runner with power, speed, and receiving skills. on other teams he would be coveted as at least a third down back, I think, with the upside to take over. At his weakest - running up the gut and getting yards after contact - I think he can improve coming in to year two with a little patience and experience helping his vision. He is a big guy so he should be able to learn how to utilise his physique to break tackles and gain tough yards.

I want to say at this point that I am not advocating a policy of targeting and paying up for Penny on the premise of him breaking out. I responded to a trade question between two particular players and my comment was in that context.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,314.52
It appeared to me Penny has more quickness, acceleration, and wiggle than Carson. He just needs to learn when NOT to wiggle and just take the 3 or 4 yards blocked for him.

I am a Chris Carson rookie-present owner.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,980.18
tsbgrayghost wrote:It appeared to me Penny has more quickness, acceleration, and wiggle than Carson. He just needs to learn when NOT to wiggle and just take the 3 or 4 yards blocked for him.

Carson is a quality violent runner.. the problem is that style of running gets you injured a lot, and has a short shelf life unless you're 240+ lbs.

Penny will succeed this backfield in time, Carson's health will decide when that time is.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 80,882.08
What’s wrong with posting in a dark bathroom? Works for me.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,470.18
I think the lesson is learned. Had you traded for a RB better than Penny, you'd be happier, we would have avoided this argument, and the tank would be happier. Next time trade for Derrius Guice.
Megalodon
Not one person has stood up for Mike Williams.........

Great White Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:
tsbgrayghost wrote:It appeared to me Penny has more quickness, acceleration, and wiggle than Carson. He just needs to learn when NOT to wiggle and just take the 3 or 4 yards blocked for him.

Carson is a quality violent runner.. the problem is that style of running gets you injured a lot, and has a short shelf life unless you're 240+ lbs.

Penny will succeed this backfield in time, Carson's health will decide when that time is.

These are my thoughts/hopes as well. See LF. Penny is receiving all the hype and I figure Carson will be cheaper to acquire, eap if Penny does start the year off strong. I can flip Herndon for Carson now but in a 2TE format feel Id rather have Herndon.

Great White Shark
TMaas wrote:I think the lesson is learned. Had you traded for a RB better than Penny, you'd be happier, we would have avoided this argument, and the tank would be happier. Next time trade for Derrius Guice.

Haha! I love Guice, but he wasnt on the table. Only offers I had were for Carson and Penny (separate owners)

Megalodon
Sand$: 20,836.40
R2000 wrote:Traded: 2.11 + Foles FOR 2.3
Rostered QBs: Brady, Luck, Carr

Traded: 1.11 + CRidley FOR Kelce
Rostered TE: JGraham, Mark Andrews/Jack Doyle

I made the trade with R2 involving Kelce

It ended up being Kelce for Ridley and Fant
My TE's are now Goedert/Reed/Fant/Warring

I'm not winning this league today or tomorrow...this was a 2-3 year move